New to cutting

LouisDM9C

Awards
I've been bulking for about 6 months now, now I want to shed a bit of the fat covering up my gains. I've got two questions:

1. How easy is it to lose muscle? Would I really have to deprive myself badly of calories to lose muscle?

2. My plan is to continue my same workout of 6-12 reps, keep my bulking diet going (which is fairly clean), but just add in 3-4 30 minute cardio sessions/week...is this an effective and safe way of losing fat while maintaining muscle?

Thanks!

spres444

spres444

Awards
  • Established
I've been bulking for about 6 months now, now I want to shed a bit of the fat covering up my gains. I've got two questions:

1. How easy is it to lose muscle? Would I really have to deprive myself badly of calories to lose muscle?

2. My plan is to continue my same workout of 6-12 reps, keep my bulking diet going (which is fairly clean), but just add in 3-4 30 minute cardio sessions/week...is this an effective and safe way of losing fat while maintaining muscle?

Thanks!
Cutting calories you will lose some, but not much muscle. Its probaly not noticeable, but would be moreso if you were trying to cut from like 12%-6or 8%, where you would probaly put yourself in a more caloric deficit resulting in more muscle loss. Some BCAA's or EAA's would help you to save onto some of that muscle while doing cardio and reducing calories.

I would suggest that isntead of keeping your diet the same you drop down about 500 calories, as you will prbaly see a great deal of fat loss from doing this and cardio.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 25
Supplements 30
delsolrob Anabolics 7
Supplements 13
Supplements 1