Guerilla Cardio on an empty stomach?

JKBB44

Awards
Would it be alright to do guerilla cardio on an empty stomach? What it is a 5 min warm up, followed by 20 sec sprint, with 10 sec rest for 4 mins then 3 min cool down. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes, you can. I do physical exercise all the time on an empty stomach. What are your goals?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Would it be alright to do guerilla cardio on an empty stomach? What it is a 5 min warm up, followed by 20 sec sprint, with 10 sec rest for 4 mins then 3 min cool down. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Yes you can do Guerilla Cardio on an empty stomach. In fact, I do it all the time (except I do way more sprints than required now, since I've been utilizing this method for years).

Guerilla Cardio:
a. 4 min warm-up (i.e. jogging)
b. 8 x 20 sec efforts (i.e. sprints) followed by 10 sec easy (i.e. light jogging)
c. 4 min cool-down (i.e. jogging)

JKBB44

Awards
my goal is for maximum fat loss without muscle lose.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just be sure to eat properly post workout then

JKBB44

Awards
Did my first guerilla cardio session and it is intense. I thought i was in running shape, but i could only get through 3 mins of sprinting and felt like dying. Probably didn't help that leg day was yesterday!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
my goal is for maximum fat loss without muscle lose.
Definitely make sure that your nutrition is right on, then. And only do 3 x Guerilla cardio a week (a day between them); no other cardio!

Would a banana and protein shake suffice?
No. Have that, and then 30 minutes later eat a REAL meal (i.e. breakfast).

Did my first guerilla cardio session and it is intense. I thought i was in running shape, but i could only get through 3 mins of sprinting and felt like dying. Probably didn't help that leg day was yesterday!
The first session is always the hardest, trust me. It WILL get easier as you go along. As long as for every effort you are sprinting as hard as you can.

Zukkini

Awards
Wow, that does look intense. It looks a lot like HIIT training, I guess the difference is HIIT has it's high intensity interspersed more evenly throughout the cardio session whereas Guerrilla Cardio lumps all of its intensity in the middle?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow, that does look intense. It looks a lot like HIIT training, I guess the difference is HIIT has it's high intensity interspersed more evenly throughout the cardio session whereas Guerrilla Cardio lumps all of its intensity in the middle?
Guerilla Cardio is just another way of doing HIIT.

HIIT is whatever you want to make it. Some do it in intervals; others keep a high intensity throughout the ENTIRE session. If you have ever read my log and seen my cardio sessions then you will see that they are ALL HIIT sessions (except when my body forces a 'recovery' session), even though they are done a variety of ways: I do guerilla cardio (sprinting), but far more efforts than 8; tabata intervals (which is guerilla cardio on a bike - same priniciple); 'step' protocols, where I increase intensity after x minutes, and keep doing do until the session is over; consistent >85% HRmax for the duration of the session; etc.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Guerilla Cardio is just another way of doing HIIT.

HIIT is whatever you want to make it. Some do it in intervals; others keep a high intensity throughout the ENTIRE session. If you have ever read my log and seen my cardio sessions then you will see that they are ALL HIIT sessions (except when my body forces a 'recovery' session), even though they are done a variety of ways: I do guerilla cardio (sprinting), but far more efforts than 8; tabata intervals (which is guerilla cardio on a bike - same priniciple); 'step' protocols, where I increase intensity after x minutes, and keep doing do until the session is over; consistent >85% HRmax for the duration of the session; etc.
I use Tabata quite a bit. Some of my favorite crossfit workouts follow his method.