Quick question about Anabolic Diet

itzgambino

Awards
Hey everybody, I am about 5'10 and just hit 180. I just finished up a awesome bulking period and am about to start cutting. Although, I have always had problems cutting the right way and getting rid of that stubborn abdominal fat. I am hoping this cycle can do it. I was thinking about the Anabolic Diet, because being forced to eat in a college dining hall I figure it will be easiest and most efficient. I ordered the book but it will not come for a while so I am trying to get some advice in advance.

My main question is I plan on using Muscle Pharm's Shred Matrix to assist in the cutting cycle, but I have read that the diet takes about 4 weeks for you to truly start burning fat. One bottle of Matrix is 25 days I believe, so should I just wait until the 4th week to use it for optimal results, or just start using it in the beginning? Thanks everybody in advance for their help!

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
Why did you order the book? The diet takes about 3 weeks to hit its full peak of effectiveness. 3 weeks is the general point where the brain will use the most ketones that it will ever utilize. Hold off until about 3 weeks.

itzgambino

Awards
Thanks a lot bro for both areas of your response. I was trying to find it online but the only other link I found on t-nation was a broken one.

TSB4me

TSB4me

Awards
  • Established
I've been on the anabolic diet 5 weeks now and I've lost around 8 - 10 pounds.

I found I lost a lot of weight in the first 5 days and then quickly put it back on again in the weekends by over indulging in carbs.

But now I've got that under control the weight has dropped by a about 2 pounds a week. This is without using any cutting/fatloss supplements.

So in answer to your question I would wait the first 4 weeks , cause you should lose a fair amount of weight anyway and then use the Shred once you get used to the diet.

Only my 2 cents.