if it aint broke why fix it?

1. MHA
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.74%

if it aint broke why fix it?

My diet aint realy keto, but I'm losin weight. I eat 6 times a day. Just about 2 grams of protien per lean lbs. My fat intake aint realy calculated. I take like a heaping spoon full of natty PB with just about every meal. I'm losing like 2 or 3 lbs a week should I change it to real keto? I might even still be in a keto state I'm not realy sure but I'm losing weight. What would you do in my shoes?

I also have an other question, now I feel like my muscles are gettin weeker and not as full as before. I have been doin this keto diet for 5 or 6 weeks now and am just feeling it now. While lookin up keto I was people do carb ups. I have been doin a cheat meal and not carbing up. I was thinkin this might be why my muscles do not feel as full(5 to 6 weeks of realy low carb is probably to blame). But I could not find out how much I should be loading up(amount of carbs and over how much time). Thanks

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.96%

if you feel what your doing is working for you than stay at it.. and lack of carbs is one of the main factors to your muscle weakness..
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.82%

Standard CKD carb up is friday night, after the gym and all day saturday. Just pig out on all the carbs you want, dont worry about counting them.

But if your not following a strict diet, then Id suggest trying to get 50-80 carbs with every meal. Im pretty sure your body can store up too 400g of carbs as glycogen, so aim for around that much over a day and a half. Try it out for a weekend and see if it hinders your results, although it shouldbt, becaus the carbs should all just help saturate your muscles, as opposed to being stored as fat.

What are your stats?
    •   

4. MHA
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.74%

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSid View Post
    Standard CKD carb up is friday night, after the gym and all day saturday. Just pig out on all the carbs you want, dont worry about counting them.

But if your not following a strict diet, then Id suggest trying to get 50-80 carbs with every meal. Im pretty sure your body can store up too 400g of carbs as glycogen, so aim for around that much over a day and a half. Try it out for a weekend and see if it hinders your results, although it shouldbt, becaus the carbs should all just help saturate your muscles, as opposed to being stored as fat.

What are your stats?
    I'm like 5foot 6 with my shoes on(I'm short). I'm at 170 lbs right now I don't know my body fat % but I'm thinkin my abz will start to show at like 160 lbs(could be off but let's hope not, o I lost my cheap $10 clippers). So my goal is 160 and hope fully with Abz! The thing is I need 10-15 lbs in 1 month! So I'm shooting for 2-3 lbs a week! What ya think.

Ps I'm goin to Mexico a week before Easter so I need my abz!

5. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.13%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

how much are you taking in carbwise now
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  6. MHA
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.74%

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    how much are you taking in carbwise now
    Can't realy say.
    first meal shake 50g protein(whey+ 12 hour dyma) + peanut butter(like a spoon full don't know the amount)

2nd 4 Hole eggs

3rd 8oz of beef(93/6)+ peanut butter(spoon full)

4th 8oz chicken breast+ spoon full peanut butter

5 8oz beef (93/6)+ spoon full peanut butter

6th Shake 1 scoop 12 hour dyma + spoon full peanut butter

Ps don't know how much peanut butter I'm using and I munch on vegtables every once in a while (ok, I realy don't but I'm goin to start one of these days, lol) o and I add a scoop of way after I work out.

7. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.13%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

probably the no vegetables is why your muscles are getting weaker and thats not really quite enough total calories I dont think
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.82%

Id suggest doubling the pb with every meal to get the calories in, and maybe add either a flax oil, or fish oils to give you some variety with you EFA's.

Other wise, goodluck with your cut, and I hope you have a blast in Mexico.
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8%

if its working, keep it going !dont change anything till u plateau
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.67%

Quote Originally Posted by bigthick44 View Post
    if you feel what your doing is working for you than stay at it.. and lack of carbs is one of the main factors to your muscle weakness..
    QFT
  11. MHA
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.74%

So on Friday I hit my shoulders and like very workout that week it sucked! I felt week azz hll! After the lifting I started to carb up and continued on Saturday.on Sunday I just did not want to lift and cause of all my cardio I have done I did not workout my legs. On Monday I woke up great! I felt my muscles were kind of pumped! I did chest on Monday and d@mn was it great! I felt strong and did not get as tired as quick.

The only problem I had was on Saturday, I ate and ate and I could not get full. I would be full for like an hour and a half and then I was hungry again! I think my body was still wanting to stay in the keto state cause carbs would not fill me up and since I was taking in low fat I could not get full. Any one have this problem?

Similar Forum Threads

1. SAY IT AINT SO !!
    By AK32408 in forum Controlled Labs
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-19-2009, 06:18 AM
  2. Leviathan aint no joke
    By brywal312 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-24-2007, 08:27 AM
  3. hcg Aint gonna happen
    By mulletman in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 12