Hit a plateau

faceman35

faceman35

Awards
  • Established
Ok I hit a plateau....I think. I have been cutting since january 13. I have been using American cell labs ah-89 /hmg. Here is my progress
week 1 weight 201 12.9%bf
week 3 weight 195 12.3%bf
week 7 weight 195 11.8%bf

Although I appearantly lost a .5% of bf in the past month I can not loose any weight. This past month was when I switched from the ah-89 to the hmg part of my stack. I watch my diet strickly. I put about 200 minutes of cardio in a week and lift 3-4 times a week. I just can not drop any more weight this month.
Any thoughts that could help?

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
Woooo double post!

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
Are you strictly trying to lose weight or cut some bf? Last time i heard, losing Bf% without losing weight was a good thing.

faceman35

faceman35

Awards
  • Established
Are you strictly trying to lose weight or cut some bf? Last time i heard, losing Bf% without losing weight was a good thing.
ya I know. That is a good thing. My goal is to get to 9% bf regardless of the weight. I am probably just whining because I am used to loosing and weight and then checking bf%.
So I guess I have nothing to complain about. Its just strange how all the sudden I stopped loosing weight.

faceman35

faceman35

Awards
  • Established
I wonder if its the hmg that maybe causing me to slowly gain weight in muscle yet my diet is causing me to loose the fat. Anyone who knows more than I do (which does not take much) have any thoughts on that?

tehockey

tehockey

Awards
I hear your agonizing man. I was in the same boat 2 weeks ago. I completely switched my diet up to a carb cycling regimen and the fat loss continued. look into it a bit I promise you won't be disappointed

maurice02

maurice02

Awards
  • Established
yeah consider carb cycling...or at this point, see about cutting your calories bit by bit more each week until you start to see the scale change

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Cardio switching between Fat burn, and HIIT twice a day did it for me. Depends on how hard you hit the iron, i go pretty hard so muscle loss really didnt happen.

faceman35

faceman35

Awards
  • Established
sweet thanks! I will try both the HIIT and carb cycling. I will let you guys know how it goes. thanks again.

jtp217

jtp217

Awards
It's fairly common to stall after 6-7 weeks of dieting. Try increasing your calories for a week or so to around maintenance w/ a moderate carb intake. That should help re-elevate your metabolism so weight loss can continue.

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
sounds like good advice so far..............just keep poundin away at that silly adipose tissue!

faceman35

faceman35

Awards
  • Established
so ya I am going to start the carb cycling tomorrow and I start the hitt today. Hopefully I can get down to 9% bf pretty fast

rawfeels

Awards
i didnt want to start my own thread but i have the same issue but a little different circumstance.

so, i started dieting mid/late january. i dont know percentages but i was at 205 and probably 20% bf (i was fat). ive gotten down to 195 and slimmed down a little bit (maybe 15% bf, and slightly less fat).

problem is ive been unable to drop more weight for the past 2 weeks (maybe less). my diet hasnt been much of a problem, though some days i wind up 500 or so calories short. but i have no weight equipment, cant afford a gym, so ive been only doing cardio (running, sparring ) 5-6 days a week.

aside from eating more, what else can i do with my diet to continue weight loss? my body generally doesnt like carbs much, so im not sure that i should try this carb cycling. i guess i could go HIIT style when i jog (sparring is like that already).

im trying to get down to around....165-170ish but end of summer, maybe the end of the year. again im in no hurry, but losing weight will help with my fights.

faceman35

faceman35

Awards
  • Established
man I started the carb cycling last tuesday and within that week i went from 11.3% bf to 9.9% and lost absolutly no weight. I was floored! I did the carb cycling and hiit and zap! The bf% started to shred! was f'ing amazing!

lciaccio

lciaccio

Awards
  • Established
WOW! thats great to hear! Seems like your on track bud! good luck!

Irish Pilot

Irish Pilot

Awards
I know there are a lot of articles about it out there...but does anyone have a link they prefer that goes into detail about carb cycling?

ticco

ticco

Awards
  • Established
i hate plateaus ive been at one for almost a year now...my strength is going up so i stop complaining but the needle wont budge. keep it up though man im sure itll crack sometime it has to.

tehockey

tehockey

Awards
I know there are a lot of articles about it out there...but does anyone have a link they prefer that goes into detail about carb cycling?
ok the site's not letting me post a link because my post count isn't high enough, but go to bodybuilding.com and search carb cycling. Theres a couple articles by Twin Peak that are really helpful. This is the one I used to get started. Covers all the fundamentals. good luck

Irish Pilot

Irish Pilot

Awards
ok the site's not letting me post a link because my post count isn't high enough, but go to bodybuilding.com and search carb cycling. Theres a couple articles by Twin Peak that are really helpful. This is the one I used to get started. Covers all the fundamentals. good luck
Perfect...thanks!

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
man I started the carb cycling last tuesday and within that week i went from 11.3% bf to 9.9% and lost absolutly no weight. I was floored! I did the carb cycling and hiit and zap! The bf% started to shred! was f'ing amazing!
Good job bro, i knew that would do it for you

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
sometimes steroids do that. you do have a PCT lined up right? congrats on the fat loss too :) - lots of hard work involved with that.

Irish Pilot

Irish Pilot

Awards
Ill bump for one quick carb cycling question so I dont have to waste a new thread. Some articles mention "No Carb" days as they are literally NO carbs...but then I read articles with no carb days as more "very low" carb days. Opinions? Thoughts? Curious as, my protein for example, has 1 carb per scoop. Should I be shooting for ZERO...or something like sub 8-10g?

lciaccio

lciaccio

Awards
  • Established
when it says no carbs, its pretty much damn impossible to get by with no cars lol. i just go with the minimum i can such as proteins etc. i imagine those minimal amounts would have any effect as opposed to a high carb day like 800g

faceman35

faceman35

Awards
  • Established
sometimes steroids do that. you do have a PCT lined up right? congrats on the fat loss too :) - lots of hard work involved with that.
PCT? I was told you dont need a PCT!?!?!?
Just kidding. Ya I am taking clomid for the next 4 weeks

Oh and to the question about the no carb day. I pretty much try to stick to 10 or less in a day. It is impossible to get NO carbs.

I am going to continue to cut through my pct and I am going to roll right into my next cycle of
test cyp 500mg week 1-12
dbol 25mg week 1-4
I am going to take an AI also. I hope to get down to 9% before I start my bulking cycle. (just a goal I was shooting for)

faceman35

faceman35

Awards
  • Established
man seriously I cant not believe how much the carb cycling worked. I am now at 185.00
So in like a week dropped 9 pounds. I am going to check my bf% tomorrow and make sure I have not lost much lean mass

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
PCT? I was told you dont need a PCT!?!?!?
Just kidding. Ya I am taking clomid for the next 4 weeks

Oh and to the question about the no carb day. I pretty much try to stick to 10 or less in a day. It is impossible to get NO carbs.

I am going to continue to cut through my pct and I am going to roll right into my next cycle of
test cyp 500mg week 1-12
dbol 25mg week 1-4
I am going to take an AI also. I hope to get down to 9% before I start my bulking cycle. (just a goal I was shooting for)
oh thank god. you scared me with your first sentence.

by no means was i trying to negate the hard work you put in, just making sure you knew what you were on. congrats man :)

faceman35

faceman35

Awards
  • Established
oh thank god. you scared me with your first sentence.

by no means was i trying to negate the hard work you put in, just making sure you knew what you were on. congrats man :)

ha ha. Ya I thought that would be funny. No i saw another thread where someone was suprised that he was suppose to be on a pct. And so I thought it would be funny.

Irish Pilot

Irish Pilot

Awards
man seriously I cant not believe how much the carb cycling worked. I am now at 185.00
So in like a week dropped 9 pounds. I am going to check my bf% tomorrow and make sure I have not lost much lean mass
What is your carb cycling layout?

faceman35

faceman35

Awards
  • Established
i keep it real simple.
Day 1 as many good carbs as I want (maintaining 2100 calories a day)
Day 2 100g or less
day 3 no carbs
then repeat the cycle

Irish Pilot

Irish Pilot

Awards
i keep it real simple.
Day 1 as many good carbs as I want (maintaining 2100 calories a day)
Day 2 100g or less
day 3 no carbs
then repeat the cycle
Right on ;) Thats about where Im at (200+ on high days, 150 on low, and less than 10g on NO days.)

Irish Pilot

Irish Pilot

Awards
One more question...what did you find was the optimal day for weighing in (for lowest weight?)

I weighed in this morning after my first week of cycling...and still no weight loss. :( Needless to say it was a huge dissapointment.

faceman35

faceman35

Awards
  • Established
i just weigh myself at random. Always in the morning though. But I kind of take a weight measurment every other day and average the results.

faceman35

faceman35

Awards
  • Established
also my last day of cutting is today. I am starting a bulking cycle the first week of april. So i am going to start eating 500 above maintenance starting tomorrow to get myself use to that diet. Hell I have been dieting and cutting since august!
man your 5 8' and 165 pounds? what is your bf%? I

maurice02

maurice02

Awards
  • Established
ha ha. Ya I thought that would be funny. No i saw another thread where someone was suprised that he was suppose to be on a pct. And so I thought it would be funny.
I would imagine a good portion of the 9 pounds was probably water weight and some gi tract weight...lol....like a free colonic!

faceman35

faceman35

Awards
  • Established
I would have a hard time thinking that was water because the first part of the stack was ah-89 so the ph of winny. And that made me go from 201 to 195 in a few days! I was dry as hell! my joints hurt and everything. If i lost another 9 pounds from water then it was shock the **** out of me

maurice02

maurice02

Awards
  • Established
I would have a hard time thinking that was water because the first part of the stack was ah-89 so the ph of winny. And that made me go from 201 to 195 in a few days! I was dry as hell! my joints hurt and everything. If i lost another 9 pounds from water then it was shock the **** out of me
well, i would anticipate a few pounds of pure "crap" then to be honest. Like you notice once you carb cycle it is not out of the ordinary to gain 5 pounds plus on carb up days.

Irish Pilot

Irish Pilot

Awards
Weighed in this morning after my no carb day (yesterday). Not only did I lose weight, Im supposidly up 2.5lbs. Ugh. I just dont get it. How in the hell at a caloric deficit...

faceman35

faceman35

Awards
  • Established
man also what I did was started to incorporate a HIIT routine. That also I think helped.

faceman35

faceman35

Awards
  • Established
have you been checking your bf%? If you read earlier in the post I was pissed because I was not loosing any weight but I was loosing bf%. Stupid i know. but once I got off the epistane and on my post cycle I sure did loose weight. probably some lean mass to. :-(

Irish Pilot

Irish Pilot

Awards
Sonofabitch it worked. Down just over 2lbs today...and Im not even on the day that Ill be at my lowest water weight lol! Schweet!

faceman35

faceman35

Awards
  • Established
good job! It does work.
I am going the opposite way now. I gained 8.8 pounds in a week!

Irish Pilot

Irish Pilot

Awards
good job! It does work.
I am going the opposite way now. I gained 8.8 pounds in a week!
Yeah I couldnt believe it. I changed things around a little bit:

Day 1: Back and Biceps (High Carb - 50/40/10 - 2ooo cal)
Day 2: Chest and Triceps (Low Carb - 155g Carbs - 30/55/15 - 18oo cal)
Day 3: Rest (No Carb - Carbs Under 10-15g - 16oo cal)
Day 4: Quads, Hams, and Calves (High Carb - 50/40/10 - 2ooo cal)
Day 5: Shoulders, Traps (Low Carb - 155g Carbs - 30/55/15 - 18oo cal)
Day 6: LISS & Rest (No Carb - Carbs Under 10g - 16oo cal)
Day 7: LISS & Rest (No Carb - Carbs Under 10g - 16oo cal)

This week I decided to go to maintenance on my Day 1 (which was tough mentally...Im so used to caloric deficit lol). Weighed in and a huge surprise to be down so low. This is the leanest Ive ever been. Cant wait to see what the following weeks have in store! I havent decided if Ill continue to go to maintenance on high days or just to 2k though...