Wanna lean out on M1T

Phenomenal

Awards
Im 5'11 180 pounds

I wanna lean out some more and put on a few pounds as well on my 2 week cycle coming up.

Will this diet work??

3000 calories
300 grams protein, 200 grams carbs, 100 grams fat

Will this allow me to lose some fat or will this diet not work?

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Cardio is the best way to loose the fat. Just make sure you do your cardio on your non-lift days. Or if on your lift days, that you spread the sessions out. Such as weights in the morning, cardio in the evening. Spread your meals into 6 meals a day, with protein in each one. Personally, when cutting I don't eat any carbs 4-5 hours before I go to bed, with the exception of the carbs in skim milk and natural peanut butter. Gotta have my peanut butter before bed time.

goes4ever

Awards
  • Established
I think it would be btter to do cardio in the morning on an empty stomach, that way you know you are burning fat not something that is still in your blood stream from an earlier meal

Phenomenal

Awards
but wont that make me go catabolic? Wouldnt it be better to do HIIT?

heavyD

Awards
The deal with doing cardio in the morning is that you have burned most of your glycogen stores over night. If you run in the morning, your body will burn fat earlier in your cardio because it won't have to burn the glycogen stores. It is still recommended that you eat a bowl of cereal or something small 1/2 to 1 hour before hand to counter act the catabolism that may occur. Of the 2900 calories that you eat 900 are from fat. You may want to drop that a little to say 50g. I would say to get most of that before noon also.

Bryan

Awards
whats wrong with getting alot of your calories from fat? I mean if you are in a caloric deficit at the end of the day does it really matter? I know I lose fat the best on a high protien/mod fat/ low(almost no) carb diet.

Phenomenal

Awards
But then the question is...is 3000 calories gonna put me in caloric deficit? Considering that im 180 pounds?? Anyone?

heavyD

Awards
Depending on your body type and metabolism, 100g of fat may not be too much. If it works for you then it works for you and nobody can say ****. it's all in the results. calorie deficit is partly dependent on what your caloric intake was compared to the 3 grand that your getting now. if you were eating 5000 or more I would say 3000 is down enough. Unless your metabolism ajusts easily. then I would vary how much you eat. eat normally for a few days then drop your intake. A few days later drop it a little more. Then raise it some. It works for me best. what I'm saying to you is experiment. If you you've done it before and it works stay with it. If this is your first time cutting up, try it for a week or two. if you don't drop a few pounds you might want to drop a little more food

Ceaze

Awards
I think it would be btter to do cardio in the morning on an empty stomach, that way you know you are burning fat not something that is still in your blood stream from an earlier meal
It doesn't matter whether your fuel during cardio is fat or glycogen. Energy utilization works in a pendulum fashion, which is why HIIT works well at burning fat.