Jakellpet’s 6 Week ReCreation

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Greetings!

I’ve been trolling AM for too long. . . the odd review here and there, but it’s time I put some effort into a log.

Since Jan 1 I have been achieving steady results from a recomp.

Diet has been clean with a focus on quality V.M.A- rich food and a CHO intake tapered throughout the day.

Training has been in a largely fasted state, with a programme based on compound tri-sets.

To date my weight has dropped from 97kg to currently 92kg, but more importantly BF% has dropped without apparent loss of lean mass.

With winter season in the Southern Hemisphere approaching, I’ve decided to get as lean as possible before my bulk in six weeks. Going forward from there my goal will be to clean bulk with minimal fat gain.

So the following changes have been made:

-Calorific deficit change to -1500 cal.

-Rebalance to CHO intake – managed by Anabolic Pump (after 6 months off!)

-Reconfiguration of Supplementation

-Changes to training frequency – rolling day on day off.

Check out the tables below:

Running my calorific intake at such a deficit is going to risk some loss of lean mass – hopefully minimised by my USPLabs-dominant supplementation regime.

I’ll be using a standard log template, throwing in graphs, recipes, some general commentary and pics.

I have been through ‘weight loss’ before, but new to cutting. I am more intuitive to my regimes, so this may work for or against me.

Constructive criticism and advice are welcome!

Attachments

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subscribed.

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
In !!

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In..

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
You're already down 10 pounds,.. great work!! Keep it up!!

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
subbed bruddah!

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Nice layout. Diet looks dialed.
Let's do this. :bandit:

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Dude..I guess. Bigtime diff in the chest. Shoulders look fuller, traps & neck bigger too..
Been a prosperous couple months for you.
Kid's a cutie.

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
chest filling out nicely, getting some good definition
The chest definitely filled out, nice work ! Hit the decline flyes and decline DB bench to help fill in the lower pec's. :thumbsup:

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Dude..I guess. Bigtime diff in the chest. Shoulders look fuller, traps & neck bigger too..
Been a prosperous couple months for you.
Kid's a cutie.
The chest definitely filled out, nice work ! Hit the decline flyes and DB bench to help fill in the lower pec's. :thumbsup:
thanks fellas - Ive been focussing on the shoulders - it's been a weakness that has pissed me off for a while.

Have neglected the chest and quads a little - will post up my programme Ive been running the last 6 weeks later today :bandit:

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looking good man! this should be a productive log at this rate..

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
good job boss. Soon you won't have much left to lose

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Looking good man! this should be a productive log at this rate..
good job boss. Soon you won't have much left to lose
Thanks guys! My work is about to change - what I was doing is laid out below:

Workout 1

TriSet 1 (10,10,10) x6 1min rest

Front Squats
Single Leg Lunges
Standing Military Press

TriSet 2 (10,10,10) x6 1min rest

Bench Press
Bentover Row (u/hand)
Sitting Lat Raises

With a delt focus, form, speed, breathing and rep completion are important for all sets, so it takes a little tweaking on the weight to begin with.

Workout 2

TriSet 1 (10,10,10) x6 1min rest

StiffLeg Deadlifts
Incline Pressups
Military Press

TriSet 2 (10,10,10) x6 1min rest

HangCleans
BentOver Rows (O/Hand)
BB Curls

Over a two week period, I fit these in as follows:

Day 1: Cardio
Day 2: Workout 1
Day 3: Cardio
Day 4: Workout 2
Day 5: Off
Day 6: Cardio
Day 7: Workout 1
Day 8: Cardio
Day 9: Off
Day 10: Chest/Back s-sets
Day 11: Off
Day 12: Tri/Bi s-sets/Cardio
Day 13: Off
Day 14: Off

Two weeks ago I changed into full USPLabs fasted mode, and it panned out as the following:

Day 1: Workout 1 am Cardio (boxing/circuits) pm
Day 2: Off
Day 3: Workout 2 am Cardio (boxing/circuits) pm
Day 4: Off
Day 5: Chest/Bi (muscle group supersets) am (boxing/circuits) pm
Day 6: Off
Day 7: Workout 1 am Cardio (boxing/circuits) pm
Day 8: Off
Day 9: Back/Tri (muscle group supersets) am (This was this am)
Day 10: Off
Day 11: Chest/Bi (muscle group supersets) am Cardio pm
Day 12: Off
Day 13: Legs
Day 14: Off

I'll have some lifting stats to post up at some stage -some still on paper so data entry required.

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
whoa easy on the nut-hugger shorts! hahah!:tongue2:

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
very well...........carry on!

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Feel free to estimate my BF% - I reckon it's about 15% - what do you guys think?

OzzY SluGGa

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Subbin this bad boy Jake, chest's boomin. Nice work, cute kid dude.

OzzY SluGGa

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Damn, you got 2? Keep it in ya pants already!:laugh:
There cute as hell man, but Im surprised you even get enough time to work out/diet properly. I have been with the odd single mum, and even 1 kid is crazy! How you do it?:scared:

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Damn, you got 2? Keep it in ya pants already!:laugh:
There cute as hell man, but Im surprised you even get enough time to work out/diet properly. I have been with the odd single mum, and even 1 kid is crazy! How you do it?:scared:
It's all routine and planning bro. I work away on the mines for 8 days, so that is all taken care of.

When back in the city I have these guys for my break. They come to the gym and stay in the creche while Im there. In the arvo I walk them for cardio.

When they nap, Dad naps because you never know when you're next going to catch z's :bandit:

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
OK, I'll admit - I'm a bit butt-hurt because no one sent me an invite.
Subscribed any-fukcing-way!
:D

OzzY SluGGa

Banned
Awards
  • Established
OK, I'll admit - I'm a bit butt-hurt because no one sent me an invite.
Subscribed any-fukcing-way!
:D
No one wants to invite you, because we cant concentrate on sh1t with them Damn Avi's! :D

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
No one wants to invite you, because we cant concentrate on sh1t with them Damn Avi's! :D
Oh, so I take it that you like guys, eh? That's cool, man - whatever floats your boat. :thumbsup:
Anyone else object to my avatar of choice?

:biglaugh:

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
Oh, so I take it that you like guys, eh? That's cool, man - whatever floats your boat. :thumbsup:
Anyone else object to my avatar of choice?

:biglaugh:
I'm in favor of your avi of choice :D

OzzY SluGGa

Banned
Awards
  • Established
LOL, no objection here:laugh:
Just them fine ass Bitches you always have break my already average concentration abilities :D

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
3 days late, but looks like it's still just starting, woowoo!

giantbrandon

Awards
  • Established
cool as, subbed
would it be worth recomping after the cut and not bulk

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
Man your kids are handsome! They must get it from their mother! :lol:

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
3 days late, but looks like it's still just starting, woowoo!
welcome SB!

hehe thanks..can you tell I'm anti-peta?:firedevil:
peta is retarded :bandit:

cool as, subbed
would it be worth recomping after the cut and not bulk
Ive done enough recomping GB - I need to take the lessons learnt from last years bulk and fine tune. I want mass, but at managable/acceptable levels of fat gain.

From there I will phase into recomp, then another cut. That is the plan :bandit:

Man your kids are handsome! They must get it from their mother! :lol:
I'm fine with that, as long as they don't inherit the personality disorder as well :hammer:

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Wednesday 4th March

Workout: Back and Tricep Ssets. (12 rep pre-fatigue mod 8 rep compound heavy)

Strength: Poor, but increased during WO

Endurance: Excellent – within an hr window I have no problems fasted training.

Aggression: Average

Libido: Raging Elephant

Skin: Okay – get occassional acne with SuperSap/1-C. Starting to get small stretch marks under armpits.

Weight: stable 91.6kg (201.5LB)

Appetite: Under control. Initially ReCreate sends my appetite through the roof until the suppression kicks in – after 8 days it’s kicking in now. Anabolic Pump can leave me hungry – counter by munching on celery sticks

Sleep: Good – lots on my mind, so I bumped my 1-C dose to 3 caps. 8hours.

Vascularity: Okay post WO after my vege juice. Getting 2nd veins running up the inside of my arms

Comments:

-Woke up looking real flat. Unsure why as had my std carbs with my last meal so glycogen should have been there. It could be a hydration issue.

-Strength was down during start of workout but improved. This is rare - it’s not often I have a poor workout.

-Picked up the kids at 1300hrs – we all slept for 2hrs. Eat tuna (1 tin with oil, 1 tin in spring water plus some salad at 1500hr.

-1700hrs went for a 1.5hr walk with the pram loaded up –up and down hills. It was damn hot still

-1900hrs dinner – see pic: (note the rice is loaded on top of more salad, so there is less than it seems.

The salad is baby spinich, red and orange caps, shed load of spring onions, chopped celery and cucumber, heap of freshly chopped mint and parsley, and a little chopped walnuts.

I make my own dressing too: 3 parts low-sodium soya, 2 part olive oil with a chopped chilli and garlic and a tsp of flaxseed oil.

-2030hrs: needed some more protein- cottage cheese and raw garlic

Attachments

OzzY SluGGa

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You are one healthy Mofo dude! I hate Veggies so much. I was one of them kids that had to stay at the table till he ate them all. Id be there till bedtime.....:laugh:

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
mmmmm..my kind of food.. :food:
I noticed that you do the tuna in oil J; I assume this is because you feel the oil version is more fat-nutritious (and not just cuz it tastes better)..
Here's a little info on canned tuna (btw - my preference is albacore, solid, in water):
Canned Tuna
If you established that fresh tuna fish is excellent for your health, can the same be attributed to canned tuna? If you are think canned foods are less nutritious than fresh options, you are not far from truth. But canning may not be as bad as you think.

Canning foods is a very effective method of preservation. The process protects against the growth of micro-organisms and kills harmful bacteria, but the high heats used for canning rob foods of vast amounts of nutrients, especially vitamin C, Thiamin and Riboflavin which are sensitive to light. You still benefit from the mineral supply of the canned foods, and the macro-nutrient nourishment may even be better than what you find in fresh products.

So, canned food is not always worse than fresh or frozen. If the food's overall quality is high, it is best in all forms - canned, frozen, or fresh.

Canned tuna can be a good source of Omega-3 fats, but the specific amounts depend on the product you choose. You'll find a variety of different terms used to describe tuna on canning labels. The market name "light" tuna may refer to many different species of tuna, including Skipjack, Bluefin, Yellowfin, and Tongol, but the specific name"albacore" or ''white tuna' comes from a biological species of tuna Thunnus alalunga, which includes Longfin, Tombo, Ahi, and Ahi Palanacanas tuna.

Nutritionally, these different types of tuna are quite similar-except for their fat content, which can vary by as much as 10 grams per cup depending on the chosen species, additional ingredients used in canning, brand name, and season and water temperature where the fish was caught.

Choosing Canned Tuna
To get the most Omega-3 fats from your canned tuna, choose water-packed over oil-packed. The oil mixes with some of the tuna's natural fat, so when you drain oil-packed tuna, some of its Omega-3 fatty acids also go down the drain. Since oil and water don't mix, water-packed tuna won't leach any of its precious Omega-3s.

Some manufacturers first bake tuna for easy de-boning, but it causes a loss of natural beneficial oils. Then the fish is mixed with additives and flavorings and put into the can - all you really get from these products are nutrient-lacking calories. When tuna is packed into the can raw and cooked only once, all the natural juices and fats remain.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
mmmmm..my kind of food.. :food:
I noticed that you do the tuna in oil J; I assume this is because you feel the oil version is more fat-nutritious (and not just cuz it tastes better)..
Here's a little info on canned tuna (btw - my preference is albacore, solid, in water):
thanks for the info Snag . . . it's was easy and cheap to take to work - but yeah, your assumptions were correct.

I'd actually drain out half the tin, then add the contents to another tin in spring water. . . The oil-based one was white flesh chunks in olive oil, but the springwater one looked processed. . . .

. . . I'll be making smarter choices thanks mate :thumbsup:

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
Pics look great. I think your quads look good,.. and you have a nice waist to shoulder ratio.