Jakellpet’s 6 Week ReCreation

Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Man your kids are handsome! They must get it from their mother!
    Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. -Rippetoe

2. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob187 View Post
    3 days late, but looks like it's still just starting, woowoo!
    welcome SB!

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastRonin View Post
    hehe thanks..can you tell I'm anti-peta?
    peta is retarded

Quote Originally Posted by giantbrandon View Post
    cool as, subbed
    would it be worth recomping after the cut and not bulk
    Ive done enough recomping GB - I need to take the lessons learnt from last years bulk and fine tune. I want mass, but at managable/acceptable levels of fat gain.

From there I will phase into recomp, then another cut. That is the plan

Quote Originally Posted by thaOrleanyte View Post
    Man your kids are handsome! They must get it from their mother!
    I'm fine with that, as long as they don't inherit the personality disorder as well
  3. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Answers

Wednesday 4th March

Workout: Back and Tricep Ssets. (12 rep pre-fatigue mod 8 rep compound heavy)

Strength: Poor, but increased during WO

Endurance: Excellent – within an hr window I have no problems fasted training.

Aggression: Average

Libido: Raging Elephant

Skin: Okay – get occassional acne with SuperSap/1-C. Starting to get small stretch marks under armpits.

Weight: stable 91.6kg (201.5LB)

Appetite: Under control. Initially ReCreate sends my appetite through the roof until the suppression kicks in – after 8 days it’s kicking in now. Anabolic Pump can leave me hungry – counter by munching on celery sticks

Sleep: Good – lots on my mind, so I bumped my 1-C dose to 3 caps. 8hours.

Vascularity: Okay post WO after my vege juice. Getting 2nd veins running up the inside of my arms

Comments:

-Woke up looking real flat. Unsure why as had my std carbs with my last meal so glycogen should have been there. It could be a hydration issue.

-Strength was down during start of workout but improved. This is rare - it’s not often I have a poor workout.

-Picked up the kids at 1300hrs – we all slept for 2hrs. Eat tuna (1 tin with oil, 1 tin in spring water plus some salad at 1500hr.

-1700hrs went for a 1.5hr walk with the pram loaded up –up and down hills. It was damn hot still

-1900hrs dinner – see pic: (note the rice is loaded on top of more salad, so there is less than it seems.

The salad is baby spinich, red and orange caps, shed load of spring onions, chopped celery and cucumber, heap of freshly chopped mint and parsley, and a little chopped walnuts.

I make my own dressing too: 3 parts low-sodium soya, 2 part olive oil with a chopped chilli and garlic and a tsp of flaxseed oil.

-2030hrs: needed some more protein- cottage cheese and raw garlic
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    •   

4. Banned
    Answers

You are one healthy Mofo dude! I hate Veggies so much. I was one of them kids that had to stay at the table till he ate them all. Id be there till bedtime.....
  5. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Answers

mmmmm..my kind of food..
    I noticed that you do the tuna in oil J; I assume this is because you feel the oil version is more fat-nutritious (and not just cuz it tastes better)..
    Here's a little info on canned tuna (btw - my preference is albacore, solid, in water):
    Canned Tuna
    If you established that fresh tuna fish is excellent for your health, can the same be attributed to canned tuna? If you are think canned foods are less nutritious than fresh options, you are not far from truth. But canning may not be as bad as you think.

Canning foods is a very effective method of preservation. The process protects against the growth of micro-organisms and kills harmful bacteria, but the high heats used for canning rob foods of vast amounts of nutrients, especially vitamin C, Thiamin and Riboflavin which are sensitive to light. You still benefit from the mineral supply of the canned foods, and the macro-nutrient nourishment may even be better than what you find in fresh products.

So, canned food is not always worse than fresh or frozen. If the food's overall quality is high, it is best in all forms - canned, frozen, or fresh.

Canned tuna can be a good source of Omega-3 fats, but the specific amounts depend on the product you choose. You'll find a variety of different terms used to describe tuna on canning labels. The market name "light" tuna may refer to many different species of tuna, including Skipjack, Bluefin, Yellowfin, and Tongol, but the specific name"albacore" or ''white tuna' comes from a biological species of tuna Thunnus alalunga, which includes Longfin, Tombo, Ahi, and Ahi Palanacanas tuna.

Nutritionally, these different types of tuna are quite similar-except for their fat content, which can vary by as much as 10 grams per cup depending on the chosen species, additional ingredients used in canning, brand name, and season and water temperature where the fish was caught.

Choosing Canned Tuna
    To get the most Omega-3 fats from your canned tuna, choose water-packed over oil-packed. The oil mixes with some of the tuna's natural fat, so when you drain oil-packed tuna, some of its Omega-3 fatty acids also go down the drain. Since oil and water don't mix, water-packed tuna won't leach any of its precious Omega-3s.

Some manufacturers first bake tuna for easy de-boning, but it causes a loss of natural beneficial oils. Then the fish is mixed with additives and flavorings and put into the can - all you really get from these products are nutrient-lacking calories. When tuna is packed into the can raw and cooked only once, all the natural juices and fats remain.
  6. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by snagency View Post
    mmmmm..my kind of food..
    I noticed that you do the tuna in oil J; I assume this is because you feel the oil version is more fat-nutritious (and not just cuz it tastes better)..
    Here's a little info on canned tuna (btw - my preference is albacore, solid, in water):
    thanks for the info Snag . . . it's was easy and cheap to take to work - but yeah, your assumptions were correct.

I'd actually drain out half the tin, then add the contents to another tin in spring water. . . The oil-based one was white flesh chunks in olive oil, but the springwater one looked processed. . . .

. . . I'll be making smarter choices thanks mate
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Pics look great. I think your quads look good,.. and you have a nice waist to shoulder ratio.
    Think training's hard,. try losing!
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Hey dude. I'm in the game.
  9. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by TimberLakers View Post
    Hey dude. I'm in the game.
    Uh-oh..
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by snagency View Post
    Uh-oh..
    Hey snags!

Seems as though we have similar tastes in tuna! Solid Albacore in water all the way!
  11. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Answers

March 5th 2009

Workout: 1hr Cardio Class plus some walking

Strength: Moderate

Endurance: Moderate – this is hardcore techno gym-bunny work, I did ok all things considered.

Aggression: There

Libido: Raging Elephant (still)

Skin: Okay – get occassional acne with SuperSap/1-C. Starting to get small stretch marks under armpits.

Weight: 91.8kg - up a little (0.2kg)

Appetite: Under control.

Sleep: Had 1hr Nanna-nap with kids, 7hours at night – broken by children’s nightmares etc

Vascularity: Impressive by my own standards.

Recovery: Down since I reduced my overall calories. DOMS particularly in my anterior delts and triceps.

Comments:

Been drinking more water-green tea – soda etc – when at home not in the same environment with same routine so probably not getting enough fluids in. Found Ive been urinating a lot more.

Workout was High Intensity Aerobics – running and stepping around the room with about 30 fit-as Mumsy-types. Was the most uncoordinated there, but it was good for a laugh.

Some may say ‘ghey’ but it burnt 900 cals (had my Polar on) and only so if you look the part - sadly my Richard Simmons autographed leotards and matching headband no longer fit my firm and toned buttocks.

1700hrs went for a short 0.5hr walk with the kids to a park.

1800hrs was going out for dinner, so had a small WPI shake and half a muesli bar to keep me going.

2100hrs – dinner at Spanish Tapas restaurant – low carb but plenty of sat fats. Didn’t stuff myself too much.

Additional Supps:

To assist with recovery, I’m going to start standard dosing Prime 2:2:2, 5/2.

Also throwing in some 96% pure forskolin into the mix – bump up total intake to 100mg/day.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jakellpet View Post
    sadly my Richard Simmons autographed leotards and matching headband no longer fit
    This is normally where I would say 'pics or it didn't happen,' but I'll just assume take your word on it.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Immediate reps for pictures in said leotard.
  14. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Answers

Immediate reps for pictures in said leotard.
    but the strategically located autograph has rubbed off!
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Answers

but the strategically located autograph has rubbed off!
    ...So you're saying that you rubbed off Richard Simmons?
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Answers

17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Answers

I'm here, better late than never. That pic of dinner up there makes me hungry. Need meal ideas feel free to check out the link in my sig. They are Zone meals, bet you'd like them.
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
  18. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Answers

Kill it Jake...I'm a little late, but in....do work!
  19. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Answers

why yes, it appears I did say that

why yes, I did get 'owned'

Quote Originally Posted by CopyCat View Post
    I'm here, better late than never. That pic of dinner up there makes me hungry. Need meal ideas feel free to check out the link in my sig. They are Zone meals, bet you'd like them.

Quote Originally Posted by R-Mac View Post
    Kill it Jake...I'm a little late, but in....do work!
    welcome fellas - thanks for dropping by
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Workout: Back and Tricep Ssets. (12 rep pre-fatigue mod 8 rep compound heavy)

Strength: Poor, but increased during WO

Endurance: Excellent – within an hr window I have no problems fasted training.

Aggression: Average

Libido: Raging Elephant

Weight: stable 91.6kg (201.5LB)

Appetite: Under control. Initially ReCreate sends my appetite through the roof until the suppression kicks in – after 8 days it’s kicking in now. Anabolic Pump can leave me hungry – counter by munching on celery sticks

Sleep: Good – lots on my mind, so I bumped my 1-C dose to 3 caps. 8hours.

Vascularity: Okay post WO after my vege juice. Getting 2nd veins running up the inside of my arms

Comments:

-Woke up looking real flat. Unsure why as had my std carbs with my last meal so glycogen should have been there. It could be a hydration issue.

-Strength was down during start of workout but improved. This is rare - it’s not often I have a poor workout.

-Picked up the kids at 1300hrs – we all slept for 2hrs. Eat tuna (1 tin with oil, 1 tin in spring water plus some salad at 1500hr.

-1700hrs went for a 1.5hr walk with the pram loaded up –up and down hills. It was damn hot still

-1900hrs dinner – see pic: (note the rice is loaded on top of more salad, so there is less than it seems.

The salad is baby spinich, red and orange caps, shed load of spring onions, chopped celery and cucumber, heap of freshly chopped mint and parsley, and a little chopped walnuts.

I make my own dressing too: 3 parts low-sodium soya, 2 part olive oil with a chopped chilli and garlic and a tsp of flaxseed oil.

-2030hrs: needed some more protein- cottage cheese and raw garlic
    Looks and sounds delicious.
  21. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by lutherblsstt View Post
    Looks and sounds delicious.
    it is . . love my salads. Usually throw in different sorts of nuts and herbs to change the taste.

Really digging that fresh mint ATM
  22. Banned
    Answers

Speaking of good Avi's, R-Mac........whooooa mumma

And I'll say it again Jake, you are one healthy mofo! Damn Vegies, yuuk
  23. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by OzzY SluGGa View Post
    Speaking of good Avi's, R-Mac........whooooa mumma

And I'll say it again Jake, you are one healthy mofo! Damn Vegies, yuuk
    yep, R-Mac's is criminal . . If you dont like veges Sluggsta, just add in garlic until you can't taste them
  24. Banned
    Answers

yep, R-Mac's is criminal . . If you dont like veges Sluggsta, just add in garlic until you can't taste them
    Damn, thats a good Idea man! Dunno if my shags will appreciate that though. garlic has alot of good properties itself too yeah? Your a gold mine kiwi! (no pun intended, as you work in the mines)
  25. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Answers

Damn, thats a good Idea man! Dunno if my shags will appreciate that though. garlic has alot of good properties itself too yeah? Your a gold mine kiwi! (no pun intended, as you work in the mines)
    make up for it by drinking pineapple juice
  26. Banned
    Answers

Damn!
    Australian women are awesome!

27. Banned
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Lungz View Post
    Damn!
    Australian women are awesome!

And they put out too
  28. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Answers

Update: Friday 6th March 2009

Workout: 45min Chest/Bicep Supersets (am) 1hr mod cardio (pm)

Strength: Excellent!

Endurance: Excellent!

Aggression: moderate to strong

Libido: Raging Elephant (still)

Skin: Generally clear – high antioxidant intake. Occassional pimple from 1-C on shoulder (mirror images – weird)

Weight: (didn’t weight)

Appetite: Officially suppressed

Sleep: No napping. 8hrs broken throughout night (children’s nightmares, nappy changes, demands for bottles)

Vascularity: Killer after bicep sets – had some mad squigglies happening

Recovery: Anterior delts still a little tender – got smashed again during chest exercises.

Comments:

Hydration is helping – focussed more on green tea with fresh ginger. Started dosing a little Poseidon to go to bed with.

Work out has changes from 10-10-10 trisets to 12-8 pre-exhaust supersets – highly enjoyable. Bench numbers were okay, Curl numbers are strong as Ive ever been. See numbers below:

1600hrs went for a long 1.5hr walk with the kids along the boardwalk. Forgot to have 15hrs meal, so a little drained after.

1800hrs Had some BCAAs to get me through to dinner

1930hrs Dinner threw in some feta cheese to bump up the total daily cals. Dosed 3x Prime to help with recovery.

2100hrs Sleep, kind of . . .
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  29. Banned
    Answers

Sleep: No napping. 8hrs broken throughout night (nightmares, nappy changes, demands for bottles)
    Dude, maybe you should give the bottle up now; or go on the Jerry Springer Show, you FREAK!

Nice update. I have a few bottles of Prime that I need to run someday. I've got some PowerFULL rolling my way, and a great supply of AP/P-Slin. Hmmmm, I wonder if that would be a good stack?
  30. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Lungz View Post
    Dude, maybe you should give the bottle up now; or go on the Jerry Springer Show, you FREAK!
    dont think I havent considered mixing in a nip of vodka into their milk

Nice update. I have a few bottles of Prime that I need to run someday. I've got some PowerFULL rolling my way, and a great supply of AP/P-Slin. Hmmmm, I wonder if that would be a good stack?
    Thanks Lungz. . .

yeah, pleasant synergies - that's one of the key reasons I'm such a USP fan - the supps give you a feeling of general wellbeing. . . I have found this is pretty important getting through a dramatic decrease in calories coupled with an increase in activity.

. . .but don't take my biased word for it
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.
    Answers

fkkin kick ass log so far homie!
    Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. -Rippetoe
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  172 lbs.
    Answers

I'm late, but I AM IN! I was following the pslin log, very informative!

Now I have to go back and review this thing.
    -OMEGA RecoverBro-
    When an omega male is born it's game over

33. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  206 lbs.
    Answers

In finally
  34. Registered User
    Answers

dont think I havent considered mixing in a nip of vodka into their milk

Thanks Lungz. . .

yeah, pleasant synergies - that's one of the key reasons I'm such a USP fan - the supps give you a feeling of general wellbeing. . . I have found this is pretty important getting through a dramatic decrease in calories coupled with an increase in activity.

. . .but don't take my biased word for it
    If that was biased, how would mine sound? Go for it, Iron!
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  228 lbs.
    Answers

Vey detailed log! Keep up the motivation...I find it hard enough to workout/eat right/get adequate rest with a wife...with kids it must be near impossible lol.
  36. Banned
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastRonin View Post
    Vey detailed log! Keep up the motivation...I find it hard enough to workout/eat right/get adequate rest with a wife...with kids it must be near impossible lol.
    Word. i dunno how he does it.
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.
    Answers

It aint easy...believe me
  38. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Answers

Word. i dunno how he does it.
    Quote Originally Posted by thaOrleanyte View Post
    It aint easy...believe me
    Children need routine, therefore I build my routine around there's - your next 6 months are going to hurt Orleanyte but the rewards are worth it bro
  39. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Answers

7th and 8th March 2009

Workout: Cardio 7th and 8th

Strength: n/a

Endurance: Excellent! Fitness is right up there

Aggression: moderate to strong

Libido: a little subdued....

Skin: Generally clear – high antioxidant intake. Some acne on my back.

Weight: (n/a)

Appetite: Officially suppressed. Forgot to eat afternoon Tuna meals

Sleep: Napping 3hrs Saturday. Very poor sleep Sat night

Vascularity: good.

Recovery: Improved – a little tight across mid-back, no DOMS worth mentioning

Comments:

Took it easy Saturday. The kids and I all slept for 3 hrs. I have missed afternoon meals two days running, so cals are down. Hasn’t appeared to impact negatively.

1600hrs went for a long 1.5hr walk with the kids along the boardwalk again – ReCreate giving me a good sweat and light euphoric feeling.

1800hrs Had some BCAAs to get me through to dinner (again)

2000hrs Chilli con carne from Kangaroo mince (98% fat free)

0000hrs Trouble falling asleep, I had dosed 3g SuperSap (4 caps) and 1.8g 1-C (3 caps) – I’m going to try dosing the SuperSap a lot earlier.

Next Day. . .

0600hrs Woke up great! Looking lean and mean. Didn’t have gym until 0930, so had a small AP meal (20g WPI 20g Oats, some fishoil and 2x Prime).

Dropped off the kids at their mother’s house – got a compliment on the size of my arms () made my frikken day. (She looks like 20lbs of manure stuffed into a 10lb bag, but I am too polite to say so)

0930hrs Every man and his goat-blowing Uncle using all the equipment so I decided to do a Spin Class instead. Fried the legs with max tension, burnt 900 cals and a lung in 45 min.

Hitting the beach this afternoon, chilling out, then cleaning the house now the Young’uns have gone.

Back to work tomorrow morning - catching a flight at 0500hrs.
  40. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Answers

I have missed afternoon meals two days running, so cals are down. Hasn’t appeared to impact negatively.
    Quit missing meals!
    Dropped off the kids at their mother’s house – got a compliment on the size of my arms () made my frikken day. (She looks like 20lbs of manure stuffed into a 10lb bag, but I am too polite to say so)
    ouch.
    Fried the legs with max tension, burnt 900 cals and a lung in 45 min.

Hitting the beach this afternoon, chilling out..
    Hope you enjoyed that down time bro.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Daniel's Prime Anabolic Recreation
    By danieltx13 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-24-2009, 12:45 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-25-2005, 07:12 PM