2 inches in 25 days??

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
I am trying to drop 2 inches off of my waist in approx 25 days. I have a spare tire, so it shouldnt be too hard to do. With proper diet, cardio(4-5X a week), and abs 3 times a week I think I should be fine. Does this sound attainable? My trouble section is my love handles, my stomach is pretty small. Any suggestions besides alot of oblique and lower back workouts and cardio?

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I am trying to drop 2 inches off of my waist in approx 25 days. I have a spare tire, so it shouldnt be too hard to do. With proper diet, cardio(4-5X a week), and abs 3 times a week I think I should be fine. Does this sound attainable? My trouble section is my love handles, my stomach is pretty small. Any suggestions besides alot of oblique and lower back workouts and cardio?
What does your waist currently measure? What is your Bf now?

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
I've lost 4 inches off my waist in 4 weeks following UD 2.0 with no cardio. You should do well on a similar carb cycling approach.

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
Be careful with that 4-5 day a week cardio, you will lose fat faster, but will do so at the expense of muscle loss.

I have lost almost 3 inches off of my waist in the last 6 weeks or so. At first I tried the cardio 4-5 days a week, but it was just too much, I wasn't getting stronger and even felt crappy in the gym.

I finally found a happy medium at 3 40-45 minute sessions of cardio a week, 15 minutes high intensity/30 minutes of steady state treadmill (or HIIT treadmill). I find that this amount of cardio doesn't hinder my training at all.

I should add that I train fasted (just BCAA's)and then follow that with fasted cardio. My strength has continued to go up, especially since abandoning the 4-5 day a week cardio.

As for diet I am using the Anabolic Diet.

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
My waist is 39-40 inches (measured at my belly button) The reason this number is so high is because I have a spare tire, I feel that once I up my cardio and continue to do ab exercises, mainly obliques, my waist will shrink fast. The reason I do it at my belly button is because that's the way the Marine Corps tests BF %. We have a weigh in at the end of this month and I need to be down to 18% or less. Right now according to the Marine Corps BF Composition program I am at approximately 20%. I believe the way they do it isn't a very accurate way. They measure weight and subtract neck and put that number into a chart. Any suggestions?

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
My waist is 39-40 inches (measured at my belly button) The reason this number is so high is because I have a spare tire, I feel that once I up my cardio and continue to do ab exercises, mainly obliques, my waist will shrink fast. The reason I do it at my belly button is because that's the way the Marine Corps tests BF %. We have a weigh in at the end of this month and I need to be down to 18% or less. Right now according to the Marine Corps BF Composition program I am at approximately 20%. I believe the way they do it isn't a very accurate way. They measure weight and subtract neck and put that number into a chart. Any suggestions?
you cant specifically target JUST the fat around your stomach/obliques and ab exercises won't increase fat loss in that area either. Just wanted to dispell those myths first.

But a solid diet/trianing/cardio plan will help. you can average probably about .5 inch a week around your waist, though. The fasted training/cardio were always the best approaches i found personally to lose weight.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
my waist is still damn well hovering at 36 inches, i dont think i've ever gotten it below 35 1/2 since i was 19 (although was around 30 then). I think as lean as the rest of my body is though that the waistline will go pretty fast if i can get into a solid fat loss state. it just never seems to actually happen

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
you cant specifically target JUST the fat around your stomach/obliques and ab exercises won't increase fat loss in that area either. Just wanted to dispell those myths first.

But a solid diet/trianing/cardio plan will help. you can average probably about .5 inch a week around your waist, though. The fasted training/cardio were always the best approaches i found personally to lose weight.
I know Mace, just wishful thinking on my part

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Seeing your current waist measurement, and BF i don't see it being an issue, if everything with your diet is in check.

Good luck bro.

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
Seeing your current waist measurement, and BF i don't see it being an issue, if everything with your diet is in check.

Good luck bro.
Thx bro, I'll be keeping updates on here as well as on my LR/DCP Recomp Log. I will get my waist measurement first thing this morning and update it

redemption79

Awards
  • Established
When you take this measurment at the belly button, are you pushing your stomach out so as to get the highest, or sucking it in or what? Mine varies 2" depending on my stature, but I went from 36.5" to 35" in about a month just by changing diet. If you're around 40", they'll come off much sooner, so I could see it being done. Esp. if you've been eating a lot. Some of that can be bloat.
Anyways, good luck bro. I'll be checking in on your log, as I'd like to follow along.

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
better start killin those hard boiled eggs in the chow hall! ha damn i miss the chow hall sometimes!

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
better start killin those hard boiled eggs in the chow hall! ha damn i miss the chow hall sometimes!
I am not a military man, but I used to have to stay on a military base for training for a few weeks several times a year. I have one word to say about the chow hall, REGULAR. After a few days I could set a clock to when I was going to poop.

Irish_Rogue

Awards
  • Established
If you cannot make tape mate, rub an entire tube of Peperation H around your measured waist and wrap in cellophane over night. It will shrink that area. Have been in almost 20yrs now and there is no regulation against doing that.

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
If you cannot make tape mate, rub an entire tube of Peperation H around your measured waist and wrap in cellophane over night. It will shrink that area. Have been in almost 20yrs now and there is no regulation against doing that.
Good idea! Are there any adverse effects to this?

Irish_Rogue

Awards
  • Established
Good idea! Are there any adverse effects to this?
None, it removes water from the area so it will look like a giant fecking prune for the day. No worries I have had some borderline tapers make it with this. Oh, and take a good shite prior to tape.

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Irish, I'm in Iraq right now so I will go to the PX here tomorrow and see if they have some, if not, I can try to fake a need for it and get some from medical, haha!

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
Ok, I did my tape today. Waist: 40" Neck 19" I am 6'0" and 225lbs. According to the Marine Corps Body Composition Program I am at 20% bodyfat and I have to be at 18% by the 28th of this month. According to my Omron Fat Loss Monitor, which in my experience with it seems to be pretty accurate for me, it has me at 18%. I am lifting 5 days a week and cardio 3-4 days a week. I am shooting for less than 2,000 calories a day. Starting today I am going to keep a food log and post my daily macros on my DCP/LR log at:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/weight-loss/118345-amtorres-dcp-lr.html

I've been slacking on my log but will be keeping it all posted from now on.

Irish_Rogue

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Irish, I'm in Iraq right now so I will go to the PX here tomorrow and see if they have some, if not, I can try to fake a need for it and get some from medical, haha!
Swell your neck out a bit, will help lower the body fat calculation they use.

I always got taped in Iraq and Afghanistan at 5'10" I am only allowed to be 189.

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
Swell your neck out a bit, will help lower the body fat calculation they use.

I always got taped in Iraq and Afghanistan at 5'10" I am only allowed to be 189.
Thanks bro, I am gonna hit up the gym and workout neck for a few mins before I get taped if I can

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Irish, I will definitely have to do that, I can see a difference when I do it! I have a 19 inch neck :)

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
total body workouts as supersets. pick one compound movement per body part, 4 sets of 10 as supersets, limiting carbs post workout. i set this up for my workout partner, and he lost 2 inches off his waist in 30 days.

that was without cardio. throw some fasted cardio into the mix and you're good to go.

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
*BREAKING NEWS!!*

Our CO wants us to weigh in Monday morning so I have 2-3 days to drop 2 inches now, haha! I am going to get some preparation H tomorrow like Irish suggested, and see if I can scrounge up some saran wrap. If I can't will the preparation H itself work?

Irish_Rogue

Awards
  • Established
*BREAKING NEWS!!*

Our CO wants us to weigh in Monday morning so I have 2-3 days to drop 2 inches now, haha! I am going to get some preparation H tomorrow like Irish suggested, and see if I can scrounge up some saran wrap. If I can't will the preparation H itself work?
Needs to be wrapped for it to work proper, do to the DFAC and get some or perhaps the NAVX/PX

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established
just do what wrestlers do in highschool for like 4 days prior to weigh ins eat almost nothing drink almost no water 2 days before and the day before start spitting out water in to like a jug and soak in the sauna, buddy of mine in highschool who wrestled wieghed around 160 and for weigh ins he made it to 149 doin shiet like that crazy but probly not too healthy but it worked for him

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
Haha, unfortuneately no saunas in Iraq, but thanks for the insight

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
**BREAKING NEWS**

Due to unforeseen circumstances I have to back to another base in the near future, and won't have to weigh in until Mid Aprl :)

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
**BREAKING NEWS**

Due to unforeseen circumstances I have to back to another base in the near future, and won't have to weigh in until Mid Aprl :)
Nice man, gives you some more time.

Irish_Rogue

Awards
  • Established
Brilliant, now stop eating all those bloody desserts