- 02-28-2009, 02:32 AM
What's the BEST way to figure your metabolic rate? There's those calculators on some websites but the answers vary a little. Is there a 'best website' or should you go the old fashioned way and do it with a formula? If so, what's your formula?
I used one of the calculators and it said my metabolic rate (including activity) was 2,533. That sound right for my stats (Male, 5' 10", 172 lbs.)?
- 03-02-2009, 05:34 AM
Your best indicator is a food log. Start w/ something generic and slowly mold it to you.
For weight loss start w/ the old BW x 12-13 and monitor your weight and strength while using those calories for a week or two. If you weight slowly comes down then stick w/ it. If you drop a bunch real quick and your strength goes down, up you cals. Same goes for the other way. If you weight doesn't move at all adjust accordingly.
It's really to individual for any equation to predict accurately.
- 03-02-2009, 09:59 AM
03-02-2009, 10:07 AM
- 5'10" 205 lbs.
- Join Date
- Jun 2007
- Rep Power
theres an actual metabolic test you can take, where they monitor oxygen utilization, etc. some colleges have the equipment to do it
This space for rent
Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
03-02-2009, 10:04 PM
03-06-2009, 12:12 PM
The one I took was the oxygen one and that is actually suppose to be the most accurate
Similar Forum Threads
- By MetalMX in forum Male Anti-Aging MedicineReplies: 39Last Post: 08-24-2008, 02:53 PM
- By yeahright in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 2Last Post: 06-22-2006, 02:26 PM
- By yeahright in forum RecipesReplies: 6Last Post: 06-09-2006, 12:39 PM
- By hamper19 in forum Weight LossReplies: 1Last Post: 11-01-2005, 11:04 AM
- By buyb12 in forum AnabolicsReplies: 23Last Post: 06-04-2003, 10:36 PM