New here, losing weight.

03SVTCobra

Awards
Howdy everyone. I'm a 22 year old college student from Texas.

I'm currently 6'0 and 218 lbs. I have lost 12 lbs in about 3 weeks (started at 230) and I'm just looking for more info and checking to make sure I'm doing the right thing.

My diet is pretty strict and usually goes something like this. Wake up 6 am, eat a bowl of total cinnamon flakes with skim milk. 9-10 am sometime eat a large granny smith apple. Noon to 1 4 slices turkey, shredded cheese sandwich, salad with fat free ranch, 2-3 pm pasta, eggs, something of that sort, post workout around 6-7pm 4 grilled chicken tenders, large salad with fat free ranch, protein shake.

My workouts consist of mostly weight training because I'm also looking to build muscle as I lose weight. One of those body transformation deals.

Monday Chest/Triceps
4 x 8 (or until termination)
Bench Press
Incline Press
Skull Crushers
Tricep Extensions
Tricep Kickbacks
20 minutes Cardio - HIIT on the treadmill 1 minute 4mph 1 minute 8mph intervals

Tuesday Back/Biceps
Hammer curls
Cross body curls
Concentration curls
Pull Downs
Reverse Pull downs
Bent over row
20 minutes HIIT

Wed
Cardio Only, 30 minutes HIIT

Thursday
Shoulders/Legs
Shrugs
Dead lift
Squats
Lunges
Lateral Raises
Front Raises
20 Minutes HIIT

Friday
Arms
Preacher Curls
Cross body curls
Cable curls
Tricep Extension
Skull crushers
Overhead tricep extensions
20 minutes HIIT

Saturday
20 minutes HIIT

Sunday - Off
FULL BODY REST!

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
if you can do all that, it seems good actually.

All that meaning ..30 mins of HIIT in one session
Squats and Deadlifts in the same session, followed by Lunges... and then another 20 mins HIIT.

If i was to do let's say 4x10 Squats or 5x5 Squats with more weight.... there's no way i could precede with a decent set of Deadlifts. I tried it before and almost passed out. But that's me.

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
Your Thursday workout sucks. Why do you want to cram squats and deads into one day? Doing this will ensure that neither the squats or the deads will be 100% utilized.

If I were you I would build my workout around bench, squats, and deads. Make these the primary movement performed for the muscle group you plan to work.

For instance:

Monday - Chest/Tris

bench press followed by your other movements

Tuesday - Back and Bicep

Deadlifts followed by Bent over rows and then your other movements (don't ever train biceps before back, you will take away from your back workout)

Thursday - Legs & Shoulders

Squats followed by the rest of your movements. Again train the most taxing body part first, don't start with shoulders.