weight fluctuation

glennwethere

glennwethere

Awards
Can anyone tell me exactly what makes weight fluctuate so much? I have been dieting pretty seriously for about 3 months now and I am happy with the results thus far but some days when I get on the scale I get disappointed. I can sometimes see as much as a three pound gain when I know I haven't eaten over 3000 calories the day before. I say to myself, how is that even possible?!! Three pounds is like 10000 calories or something like that isn't it? I drink a lot of water everyday so I don't believe I would be holding much. It's just weird and sometime discouraging. I lift fairly heavy about 3 times per week and do cardio 2 or 3 times a week.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
3lbs is the equivalent of less than 2 quarts of water. so its not a whole lot. a bit of a difference in fiber intake from one day to the next and you can see that much variation between amount in digestive tract and water retention.

MasterFlexx

MasterFlexx

Awards
I can see an easy 3 lbs difference from morning weigh in and night time weigh in when I lift. My general rule is judge by what the mirror tells you and don't get too caught up in EXACT weight. I also only go by my weight in the AM after I wake up because you've been fasted for 8 hours or so.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Admin Articles 0
john.patterson Supplements 3
Weight Loss 15
Weight Loss 23
crpav Weight Loss 6