5 Years of Bulking!!!! I finally need to CUT!

mikeyb123

Awards
  • Established
Hello,

I am 25 and I have been training for 5 years and I have been doing nothing but bulking. I started out at 140lbs with my height being 6 foot I was SUPER skinny. Typical ecto, long arms/legs.

I have been putting on steady weight these last few years and I leveled out at about 165lbs which was about average size. Not huge by any means.

This winter I have done a T-roid cycle and I have put on 18lbs of mass. I currently weight 180lbs+. I have 3 more days left on cycle and then I am going to start my PCT where i will probably lose 4-6lbs of water and glycogen.

My current body fat is around 20% which has gone up by 1% while on cycle. I used scales which have a body fat reader on them to measure this (not sure how accurate it is)

Anyhow my plan now is to cut my body fat down to under 15% while keeping as much muscle as possible! Now I have been bulking for 5 years and have never even thought about cutting before! So I am completely new to this....

Here is my current diet.

8am
2 scoops of Pro mass in semi milk - 340cals
Multi vit
Cod liver oil

10.00am
Porridge oats with whey protein and semi skimmed milk - 300 cals

12pm
Tuna/Chicken sandwich on brown bread x 2 - 300 cals

2pm
Chicken/can of tuna/ham slices - 150 cals

4pm
Porridge oats with whey protein and semi skimmed milk - 300 cals

6pm
Pro mass 2 scoops with semi skimmed milk - 340cals

Work Out 7pm
Glusoce drink
Whey Protein shake - 200 cals

8pm
Larger evening meal... chicken/salmon/beef/lamb + Rice(wholegrain)/Potatoes/Sweet potatoes - 600-700cals

10pm
ZMA

11pm
Cottage cheese/Peptide fusion(slow release protein)

So thats what I eat on a regular basis. How much do i need to change my diet? I know I have to consume less calories but how much less? Can i keep with the same diet just make the portions smaller? Is there food I should avoid thats in my current diet? I am hoping i dont have to completely change my diet and that I can just tweak what I have.

This is my work out routine....

Monday - Legs
Squats 3x8
Leg Press 3x8
Quad curls 3x8
Leg extensions 3x8
Calf raises 3x15

Tuesday - Shoulders
Military Press 3x8
Flies 3x8
Shrugs 3x8
Upright row 3x8
Shoudler press (machine) 3x10

Wednesday - Back
Deadlifts 3x8
Lat pull down 3x8
Side rows 3x8
Pull ups 3x8
Verticel row(machine) 3x8

Thursday - Chest
Flat bench press 3x8
Incline dumb bell press 3x8
Decline dumb bell press 3x8
Flies/cable flies 3x10

Friday - Arms/Abs
Bicep curls 3x10
Skull crushers 3x10
Hammer curls 3x10
Tricep push downs 3x10
Preacher curls 3x10
30 mins various abs.

Will me work out have to be drastically tweaked?

I was also thinking of taking a fat burning product such as "Grenade" will this help me much do you think? Or just a waste of money?

Any advice would be helpful guys, as I said I am totally new to the idea of losing weight. I usually get on the scales and if i have lost weight I am angry!

Thanks!

maurice02

maurice02

Awards
  • Established
maybe I overread it, but where is your cardio?

Also, did you consider a CKD diet?

mikeyb123

Awards
  • Established
You are right! My cardio is non existant!

I was going to incorp a 90 minute game of soccer on a Monday. And then 4-5 20-30minute runs during the week in the late evening.

I havent looked at CKD. I will do some reading. Will this drastically change my diet?

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established
probably bud read up on it and ull see its a highly used diet around the forums here, and do not get a fat burner yet, get your diet in check first, i think you need more whole foods you have like 4-5 shakes a day not that your cutting you need to eat healthy whole foods spaced out and you will see results

mikeyb123

Awards
  • Established
Yeah the shakes do need to go down I guess.

What can I replace my whey and porridge with? I want to keep the one in the morning as I feel this gives me a lot of energy.

Replace the others with a can of tuna? Or do I still want carbs at those meals?