Cutting From 12% to 8%...Looking For Opinions On This Routine & Plan

Irish Pilot

Irish Pilot

Awards
Had a bodpod evaluation today, and it looks like Im holding a steady 11-12% bf. I leave tomorrow morning for a weekend getaway...in which Im going to relax some on the diet and obviously take a few days off exercise. A deserved little break I think. Anyways, when I return I want to make a strong forward motion towards single digit bodyfat. Ive been doing a 4 day bodypart split in the 8-12 rep range, but am thinking of going more compound focused.

Hows this look:

- Stats -
5'8
165lbs
12%bf

- Iron Plan -

Monday
Off - Rest

Tuesday
Flat Press 5x5
BO Row 5x5
OH Press 5x5
Hang Clean 5x5

Wednesday

DL 5x5
Squat 5x5
SLDL 4x8
20 Rep Squat

Thursday
Cardio

Friday
Incline DB Press 4x8
Row 4x8
OH Press 4x8
Face Pulls 4x8

Saturday

Front Squat 4x8
SLDL 5x3
Dips 5x5
Weighted Chins 5x5

Sunday

Cardio

- Cardio Plan -
At least 30 minutes LISS post weights
60 Minutes off days

- Diet -
Im not going to lay out too specific a menu at the moment, but the focus will be high protein, moderate fats, controlled carbs. Im pondering a two week Velocity stint as I had success with the full 28 the other month.

1800 cals on work days
1500 cals on cardio-off days

- Supplementation -
Nitrean Protein
CL White Flood (Pre)
Univ. Torrent (Post WO)
Fish Oil, Fiber Caps, Multi-V, BCAAs, ZMA, Melatonin
Lean FX/DCP/ActivaTe

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The routine is something another guy wrote out for me that I didnt end up running. Im a little iffy on the hang cleans (terrible form, and I HATE them). My big focus will be going SLOW on the negatives. Lately Ive slowed all my lifts down, dropped the weight a little, and focus on form and time under tension. Its a bit of a modesty check per se, but its made a drastic improvement.

Hows the routine look for a cut?

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
You could cycle your carbs. Have them substantially higher on "iron" days, and low low low the rest.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
do a recomp diet bro, just use maintenece kcals +200-300 on work out days and maintence minus 200-300 on non workout days

split the meals into protein and fat only, and pre workout have 20g carb, post workout have 50 (from waxy) and then all other meals protein and fat

same goes for off days except dont have the carbs.

Irish Pilot

Irish Pilot

Awards
do a recomp diet bro, just use maintenece kcals +200-300 on work out days and maintence minus 200-300 on non workout days

split the meals into protein and fat only, and pre workout have 20g carb, post workout have 50 (from waxy) and then all other meals protein and fat

same goes for off days except dont have the carbs.
Do recomp diets work much for people? Im thinking Id rather just cut down and have the palette to start bulking again.

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established
recomps yes they do work for some depends on your diet, and also i have to know cuz i know that i cant do it ive tried... how can you do
DL 5x5
Squat 5x5
SLDL 4x8
20 Rep Squat
Ive tried and after doing my deads i approached the squat rack and couldnt do it but i put everything into my workouts so im assuming i just put all my energy into my Deads not thinking about the rest of my workout but to me IMO i would separate that day and the others have a more broad workout regime with different lifts all over to promote all the muslces working and more fat loss

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 25
Supplements 30
delsolrob Anabolics 7
Supplements 13
Supplements 1