ketosis

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Never enough

its a bouncy carb diet so although there are low carb days, and its possible for you to go into ketosis during it, that isn't its primary goal and it doesn't fail if you dont reach ketosis. its more about optimizing hormones
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

2. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    its a bouncy carb diet so although there are low carb days, and its possible for you to go into ketosis during it, that isn't its primary goal and it doesn't fail if you dont reach ketosis. its more about optimizing hormones
    Thanks for the help bro!
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by MrBrightside View Post
    You're keto on the anabolic diet, aren't you? What's the deal with the protein intake then, doesn't that kind of conflict?
    cyclic ketogenic diet is the category that AD falls under. CKD diets fall under the general layout of being a set of low carb days, maybe with a day with a small carb up if the amount of low carb days are wide and is followed by a carb load. TKD diets utilize carbs before and after workouts to keep glycogen levels at somewhere of a set point. Pure keto diets which I don't think work as well as CKD keeps you low carb without carb ups.

I think ketogenic diets are misnomers, mainly because the actual amount of ketones utilized on AD or other CKD diets doesn't come close to matching the calorie expenditure of FFA's.

Similar Forum Threads

1. help to get into ketosis
    By fitnessgoal in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 04-30-2009, 11:31 AM
  2. Ketosis ?
    By petey7408 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-16-2009, 10:24 AM
  3. Ketosis supplements
    By Svgeman in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10