Does anyone else do this? (low carbs)

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
I can go without carbs all day without a problem, not even thing about it...

until about 7 pm.

All of the sudden I will get absolutely ravanous and crave carbs soooo bad.

Anyone else?

oblivious

Awards
This is very common, and yes I do the same.

Im not the most experienced user here, but I believe that if you allowed yourself a small amount throughout the day, the craving would be less intense at the end of the day.

100% omitting carbs from your diet takes a lot of discipline, and from what I have heard....not very necessary.

IMO, if your dead set on having no carbs then you just gotta push through it. Otherwise small amounts evenly through the day should help with the INTENSE cravings at night.

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
I have intense cravings at night, but I also suffer from hypoglycemia. So I just cycle my carbs. None after 5pm though. Just push through it man. After a couple of days, you will more than likely adjust without 'em that late. Like stated above, try to get an even amount throughout the day up until 6-7pm. Keep me updated on it. Good luck

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Practice temporal nutrition (carbs in the morning and taper off by noon) and this should improve. This also might depend on if you willing to consume carbs at all.

Sometimes no calorie foods can curb this feeling as well.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Practice temporal nutrition (carbs in the morning and taper off by noon) and this should improve. This also might depend on if you willing to consume carbs at all.

Sometimes no calorie foods can curb this feeling as well.
like luecine mixed with the zero carb packets immediately after a meal.

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
I've never have craving for carbs, I run the CKD diet often and I never get cravings.

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
Well what I'm attempting to do....

Backstory: I caught a repiratory virus at the end of December and was sick 3 weeks (just laid around feeling like I was going to die)...we had the ice storm at the end of January and was without power a week (diet out the window..ate what I could when I could), and now I'm getting over 3 days of flu. Since December I put on 10-15 lbs on my belly, so I got the bright idea of doing a round of Velocity to lose it. As I said, I do OK all day, but about 6:30-7:00 I just want to chow down on a bunch of :donut: .

The weights dropping and my wife said I'm more defined, it's just in the evenings I'm about to go out of my mind! In the mornings I'm fine again....until evening. I'm in a vicious cycle!

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
When is your last meal before 7ish? Try adding more fiber to that meal. Eat some veggies (some carbs but not too worry). The fiber should help in this case.

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
When is your last meal before 7ish? Try adding more fiber to that meal. Eat some veggies (some carbs but not too worry). The fiber should help in this case.
Before 7? About 6 or so.

I add psyllium to my last shake of the day (about 8:30)

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
I'm on the last week of the velocity diet and I get zero cravings now. I could really care less if I have any carbs or not. Don't get me wrong, I do mentally miss cookies and candy and doughnuts because I love sweets, but I don't crave them in the least. The only cravings I've had on this have been for greasy mcdonalds mcdoubles. And I don't even really like McD's!

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
I am on my third week of the Anabolic Diet, and I allow myself anywhere from 0-30 carbs daily. Sometimes the only carbs that I get are the ones found in my eggs or beef jerky.

That being said, generally I don't miss them. Right now I am on my carb up, and I am making myself eat carbs (chex mix at the moment). What I really want right now is a 1/2 lb hamburger steak covered with a fried egg! But I digress.

I find my only real cravings that I get during the week are cravings for sweets. When one of these hits hard though I generally eat a bowl of sugar free jello covered with heavy whipped cream, or a teaspoon of natty peanut butter.

purelife1

i am going into my 3rd week of anabolic diet...when my cravings for carbs come up at night i try a little diet root beer..it tastes like candy and im satisfied..i also add a little spinach or small serving of mustard or collard greens to my last meal..only adds about 4 grams of carbs..i have been keeping my daily carb intake under 15gms
hope this helps

spike01

spike01

Awards
this is my intake for one day. i started this 2 weeks ago i am dropping about 1.5 lbs. per. week. maybe it will help you.

5:00 am. 40 grm. whey protein, 3 raw eggs, 2 tbl.spn flax seed oil.

7:00 am. chicken breast,3 scrambled egg whites, 1/2 cup oatmeal

10:00 am 40 grm. whey protein

12:00 pm. chef salad. whatever dressing i want.

2:00 pm. 40 grm whey protein

5:00 pm 2 slices eziekele bread cinnamon raison, natty pb, sugar free rasberry jelly.

7:00 pm chicken breast, yes ! more dam chicken! . 1/2 cup brown rice, steamed veggies.

9:00 pm 1/2 cup fat free greek yogurt, sugar free rasberry jelly, somtimes i put trail mix or blue berries in this. yummy !!

10:30 pm 40 grm. whey protein

11:00 pm bedtime !

whey protein = dymatize elite, rich chocolate

nutrional breakdown

protein = 385 grams

carbs = 120 grams

fat= 60 grams

cardio = 1 hr.3 x week/ treadmill, speed 3.7, incline 15%,

deadlifts = 2 x week, 5 sets/ 5 reps.

legs = 1 x week, leg lifts 4 sets, 10 rep,8 rep, 6 rep,4 rep. hamstrings 3 sets. 12 reps. squats 5 sets/ reps 10,8,6,4

dips = 3 sets to failure.

pullups = 3 sets, 10 reps

age = 45

ht.= 6ft.

wt. = 200

bodyfat = 18.03

goodluck !!!

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
Wow...I just had a hematochezia.:toilet:

It was maroon colored like a beet and even broke up and colored the water when I flushed. :eek:mfg:

I thinking (hoping?) is was from the aspirin in my ECA. I'm taking low dose (81mg). Since I'm doing Velocity, it can't be something I ate. Other than the weekend my diet has been protein shakes, psyllium, fish oil, and occational almond slices (OK...OK...I know that's against velocity, I but have to get a little something os substance)

I'm not in pain or anything. I'm not bruising like I usually do when I take aspirin.:confused:

That was....freaky...

I guess I'll lay off the aspirin and see if it subsides.

Kingdude

Awards
So drinking lots of protien shakes is ok... I myself do this but feel so guilty because I just cant get down a ton of food. Egg whites disgust me and man, I am so sick of chicken and tuna. So whey shakes help but it probably isnt as beneficial as food right????

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
solid food is always going to be better than all liquid, but its not horrible... in phases

man i decided today i was not touching carbs from now on, maybe only on the weekend and i havent had any trouble yet thank god!

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
I am on my third week of the Anabolic Diet, and I allow myself anywhere from 0-30 carbs daily. Sometimes the only carbs that I get are the ones found in my eggs or beef jerky.

That being said, generally I don't miss them. Right now I am on my carb up, and I am making myself eat carbs (chex mix at the moment). What I really want right now is a 1/2 lb hamburger steak covered with a fried egg! But I digress.

I find my only real cravings that I get during the week are cravings for sweets. When one of these hits hard though I generally eat a bowl of sugar free jello covered with heavy whipped cream, or a teaspoon of natty peanut butter.
I definitely feel you on the cravings for steak during the carb up. I get the weirdest cravings on my carb ups for steak and sweet foods when I carb up.

I like to whip up some heavy cream, mix in some sugar free jello into my heavy cream spread it out over a sheet pan. Covered and into the fridge, it gets thicker faster and more evenly that way. Uncover, collect, eat like ice cream.