Cardio and post-workout nutrition

asavage24

Awards
Im starting to get tired of my torso resembling a muffin, so ive decided to start adding cardio into my routine. im jogging 2-3 days per week on my off days and doing HIT cardio after my workouts (mon, wed, fri). is it better to consume my post-workout shake right after weights and then do cardio, or should i wait till im done with cardio?

asavage24

Awards
Also what can one do to really help minimize the "beer gut" and "love handles" (i dont drink). i literally have fat nowhere on my body except for the ridiculous looking spare tire sitting at my waist. i truly have an awful midsection and would very much like to take my shirt off this year on spring break. haha

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
the shake is "best" after cardio. and the spare tire is likely one of two things - either higher than normal cortisol, or possibly a general too much carbs in diet.

I'd also reverse your cardio, do moderate impact after workouts, and do hiit on off days.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
the shake is "best" after cardio. and the spare tire is likely one of two things - either higher than normal cortisol, or possibly a general too much carbs in diet.

I'd also reverse your cardio, do moderate impact after workouts, and do hiit on off days.
I agree.

singlejm

singlejm

Awards
workout nutrition

80% of workin out and stayin in shape is your diet. Make sure that is in check. There are numerous articles on dieting on this site that i'm sure you will find informative