STUCK! HELP!

petey7408

petey7408

Banned
Awards
OK, well i've been working on getting my abs since I got to college. I got here at about 180 and am down to 169.5. Some of the weight I lost was muscle because I was on a really restrictive diet and I am at about 10.8% body fat. You can see the outline and they're flat but I just can't get that last little bit gone to make them show. I eat clean EVERY day, no alcohol or pop either.
I eat the same thing nearly every day, and beside what I eat, I drink always drink alt least 3 20 oz bottles of water a day.

7:45 a.m. 1 scoop Isopure (210 calories, 50 grams protein, 0 carbs)

8:30 a.m. 1/2 cup oatmeal (plain)
1/2 cup fat free yogurt
10 oz glass skim milk

10:30 a.m. Turkey and swiss on 2 slice marble bread or wrap (no toppings or dressing)

2 p.m. 2 slices Wasa Multi grain Crispbread w/ 2 tbsp natural peanut butter
or multi grain powerbar

4 p.m. 1 scoop Assault, 2 scoops superpump250, or 2 scoops NO Xplode
weightlifting ( I got this part down)

6 p.m. Pro Complex 2 scoops w/ 1 heaping tsp BCAA powder
Salad (1/2 cup spinach, 2 tbsp dried cranberries, 1 tbsp sunflower nuts, 2 tbsp olives, no dressing)
Turkey Sandwich (1 slice 'homemade' wheat bread, turkey, onion, 1 tbsp olive, tobasco sauce, no cheese or dressing)
10 oz skim milk

8 p.m. 1 Scoop Syntha 6

10: p.m. 3 capsules ZMA

What should I do for cardio? Would running 2 miles or hardcore jump roping for 20 minutes be good enough?
And being at about 10.8 Percent bodyfat, how far am I from abs?

Any suggestions or recommendations would be great. Thanks guys!

petey7408

petey7408

Banned
Awards
Im a freshman here by the way, so when I say that since I got to college, its been a span of 5 months. I've also had 2 wrist surgeries and am currently in a cast.

Irish_Rogue

Awards
  • Established
Total calories for a day
What is your workout routine

petey7408

petey7408

Banned
Awards
i added it up and its about 2100.

I do upper body on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and Abs and Lower body on Tuesday/Thursday

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd say clip all or most of your carbs, and add some healthy fats from nuts

petey7408

petey7408

Banned
Awards
Yeah, I do alot of running to stay in shape for baseball. I asked if the 2 miles or 20 minutes of jumping would be enough, cuz thats what I do.

petey7408

petey7408

Banned
Awards
I'd say clip all or most of your carbs, and add some healthy fats from nuts

Sounds very do-able. How many grams should I shoot for of carbs a day? Under 40 and all from good sources (steel cut oats, whole grain, of course)?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds very do-able. How many grams should I shoot for of carbs a day? Under 40 and all from good sources (steel cut oats, whole grain, of course)?
that sounds good, and make sure you are getting at least 25-30g of healthy fats a day, between nuts and fish oil and flax

WannabeBatman

WannabeBatman

Awards
I'm still working on my abs and core section but when I hit a rut with weight loss and definition about 10 lbs ago I switched up my diet.

When I say switch up I don't mean zig-zag dieting, I mean I change the type of foods I would eat on a daily basis, to keep my body guessing. I did this and stayed within my prescribed eating limits of calories, fats, proteins, carbs, etc. and lost about 15 lbs of fat (and some muscle as well, I'm in cut phase).

So in short maintain your predetermined eating standards and maybe just switch the variety of food to keep your body from adapting to quickly. Just my 2 cents, it worked fairly well for me. Good luck.

Best,
TWB