Anabolic Diet Results Thus Far

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
I started dieting low carb, med fat, high protein, about a month ago now. Last Monday I refined that diet into The Anabolic Diet.

My starting weight on the Anabolic Diet was 273 (while wearing tennis and sweats). My current weight is 263 while similarly dressed.

I don't have access to calipers, but I do have access to one of those "Transformer-like" scales at the gym. It shows me with a BF level of 35%, a skeletal muscle level of 29.9%, and a BMI of 33%. I don't have much faith in these things as far as overall accuracy goes, but I think it will be useful to track progress. I just recorded these measurements this week, so I have no basis of comparison for results thus far.

As far as the actual diet itself, it is fantastic. The hardest part about the diet is cooking all of the food, and making myself eat. While this is generally the case with a mass building diet, it is nice to feel this good while cutting weight.

I am training on a five day split:

Day 1- Chest
Day 2- Legs
Day 3- Back
Day 4- Shoulders
Day 5- Arms

I am doing anywhere between 14-20sets per bodypart. My strength is up despite my being carb depleted during the workout.

For cardio I am doing 4 sessions a week of 45 mins split between an ark trainer, and HIIT treadmill work. One day a week I do about 20minutes of steady state easy cardio (usually day after legs).

As far as supplements go I am using:

Creatine Monohydrate
Xtend mixed with bulk BCAA's
ON Whey Protein
Beta Alanine

Next week I am adding in Cissus and DTH, and I will most likely be doing a log (I still have my hands on some MMv2 that I am going to log, but will hold off for another 8 weeks or so).

The only thing that I notice so far is that I am unable to get a pump in the gym right now. I attribute this to the lack of carbohydrates.

Thats about it, other than I am really looking forward to my carb loadup this weekend.

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
I am going into my third refeed tomorrow morning, and I can't wait!

This past two weeks I have been utilizing fasted training 5 days a week followed by fasted cardio 3 days a week. This coupled with the Anabolic Diet has given me some great results thus far.

The scale actually put me at 263.5 this week, a half of a lb. heaver than my last weigh in. However, the scale also showed a 1.5% decrease in body fat (31-29.5%).

I know that I have lost more than 10 lbs of fat, how much though is tough to say as I am completely dialed in with my training, diet, and supplement regimen. My strength is going up week by week, and I also noticed that I am really hardening up.

Prior to starting this diet my xxl shirts were beginning to get tight, today I just bought two xl T-shirts and fit fine in them. I haven't worn an xl T in at least a decade. I also bought some shorts, and fit nicely into the Large size. This is also a milestone as xl has been my size in underwear,sweats, and shorts for 10+ years now.

I am currently using the following supplements:

USP Labs Super Cissus RX twice daily

ON whey protein, but this will change as soon as my All The Whey order comes in

Watermellon Xtend mixed with bulk BCAA's during workout

Creatine mono. and beta alanine pre workout cocktail, and more creatine after workout

I started DTH last week, but quit it when I caught the flu, i will resume this week.

I also found this week that one of my primary concerns with the AD has subsided. Prior to this week I had been hitting the wall around Wed, and really struggling with my end of the week workouts. This coincided with my muscles being very flat. This week has been different, I had great workouts yesterday and today, and have been surprisingly pumped. I am thinking that this is the result of my cutting my cardio by one day (from 4 to 3).

Anyway this AD, Anabolic Lifestyle really, is absolutely fantastic.