1st x ckd diet

frizzlerock

frizzlerock

Awards
  • Established
well that didnt workout so well. it doesnt let you change the date to look at 2-2-09.

frizzlerock

frizzlerock

Awards
  • Established
ok, added what i plan to do today. im 5'9" 178lbs & about 20% bf. last time i had it checked. so main thing is to lose bf. i do 20-30 HIIT cardio on treadmill 3-5 days a week. right now doing a total body work out with free wieghts 3 days a week.

pitching101

pitching101

Awards
  • Established
20-30 minute HIIT seems kind of long. I think most people do like 12 min. If you can do HIIT for 30 minutes your not doing it right.

frizzlerock

frizzlerock

Awards
  • Established
HIIT from Wikipedia
"High-intensity interval training (HIIT) or sprint interval training is an exercise strategy that is intended to improve performance with short training sessions. HIIT is a form of cardio which is beneficial to burning fat in a short and intense workout. Usual HIIT sessions may vary from 15-30 minutes".

been using a program i found somewhere on the net.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
its a little high on protein, and sounds a little low on total calories

frizzlerock

frizzlerock

Awards
  • Established
thanks E. im not sure how to get the cals up & protiens down...man your Fish Oil thread is great & i use the info as my "fish oil bible".

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, you can directly drink (or mix into your shake) olive oil or peanut oil. Also just nuts in general, like walnuts for instance - 1oz of walnuts has 18g fat, 4g carbs( but 2 are fiber, and only 1 is sugar) and 4g protein. macadamias a little more fat, less protein.

I'm not sure your protein is enough over to throw you out of ketosis, but its so hard to say. Or if you are just trying to get ketosis started, whether its enough to keep you from going in so easily. you are only a little over, so its probably not so bad.

frizzlerock

frizzlerock

Awards
  • Established
cool. ive been eating almonds, but ran out. maybe ill drop the protien at night in favor of something else. thx again.

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
Avocados are a good source of fat. You can mash them up with some onion, garlic, lime, a little spice in there, good ****.

frizzlerock

frizzlerock

Awards
  • Established
cool ill give them a try. i was reading more of Body Opus. looks like i need my protiens down arouned 145 grams. that seems very low to me. gotta shop tonight. so avocados & more nuts are on the list.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
cool ill give them a try. i was reading more of Body Opus. looks like i need my protiens down arouned 145 grams. that seems very low to me. gotta shop tonight. so avocados & more nuts are on the list.
look at what the USRDA is :) would be like 80g for someone your weight.

frizzlerock

frizzlerock

Awards
  • Established
on day 5. hit ketosis yesterday...& cravings SUCK!!. kept my carbs under 30 grams every day this week. so later today i can start a carb up, right??

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i'd go to day 6 or 7 at least. and i never did the whole 2 day carbup, I'd try and do it for maybe half of 1 day at most, and get in 400-500g in that time

frizzlerock

frizzlerock

Awards
  • Established
that is going to make it hard. my moms is making home made tacos tonight. supposed to go over there & have dinner. maybe just eat the beef & vegies then. had an avocado today mixed with 2 hard boild eggs. pretty good, but i cannot get a straight answer on carb count. on the net or on AM diet tracker. runs from 4 grms to 18 grms. not sure if i just screwed myself for the day.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
if you are in keto already, so long as its low glycemic stuff you can have a fair bit at one seating without an issue

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
For carb count you count the total carbs and subtract fiber.

Go on nutritiondata.com it has great information there.

frizzlerock

frizzlerock

Awards
  • Established
For carb count you count the total carbs and subtract fiber.

Go on nutritiondata.com it has great information there.
thx. that makes me feel alot better now. so can you do that with every thing that has fiber? or just nuts & vegis? that site is pretty good too.

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
Everything that has fiber. If you travel to the lands of mordor and eat a dragon egg that has 100 grams of carbs but 90 grams of fiber, you count ten grams of carbs.

Total carbs minus total fiber = the amount of carbs you count as consumed.

frizzlerock

frizzlerock

Awards
  • Established
Everything that has fiber. If you travel to the lands of mordor and eat a dragon egg that has 100 grams of carbs but 90 grams of fiber, you count ten grams of carbs.

Total carbs minus total fiber = the amount of carbs you count as consumed.

HOLY $HIT!. that would make my life soo much easier..except ive been useing diet tracker here & would need to edit eveything ive put in. thx again for the info.:thanks:

frizzlerock

frizzlerock

Awards
  • Established
Decided to do a day & half carb up. Didnt go nuts tho like i thought i would. Whole grain bread & waixy maze. pizza friday night & mexican food saturday night. Today will start over. Gonna stick to 60% fat 30% protein & 5% carbs till friday.

Going to see Mudvayne, In This Moment, & Nonpoint friday night, so the beer will be a flowing. My bro will be in town saturday & will be going out again. F*CK Valentines day!! im getting polluted this weekend!!

frizzlerock

frizzlerock

Awards
  • Established
uh thx. wasnt home much yesterday so i didnt get to log much.