I'm a Noob

Mau5489

Awards
Hey guys looking for all feedback and suggestions that anybody can help me with. Well let me just say I weight about 264 as of this morning want to get to 210lbs. I wanna start that Rock Hard Challenge that M&F has going on but don't know if I should. I've been going to the gym for about a year now on a consistent bases and started off at almost 300lbs. So I'm very happy with the progress I've made. However I feel like I can' get under the 250 mark I've been playing around with going down to 255 back up to 265 and so forth. So far this is what my Supp looks like
N.O Xplode
GNC Multi Vita Mega Men Sport (twice a day)
Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein(40g within 30 min after Workout)
Gold Standard Cassein (Taken at Night)

I use to be taking Lipo 6X but it did nothing. Also when I did lose weight I was doing about 1hr of cardio then I would lift wondering if I should go back to that. Thanks and hope somebody can help

dpfisher

What does your diet look like? Are you counting calories? Diet is way more important than even exercise and supplementation really only makes a big difference once you have diet and exercise routine set up properly and are sticking to them.

Mau5489

Awards
Well the diet for the Rock Hard Challenge consist of about 2400 calories for a 180lbs person so don't know what I should increase my calories to. The first month is more of a 60% Carbs 40% protein type of deal. The second month it basically swaps. The workout is as follows just for Day 1 i can post the rest later.
Incline BP 6,6,6,10,12,12 with weight as heavy as it allows for completion
BP 6,6,6,10,12,12 " "
Decline Flyes 12,12,12,12

Dips 6,6,10,12,12
Close-grip BP 6,6,10,12,12
Lying Tricep Extension 6,6,10,12,12

and then do 30-45 minutes of cardio.
Since i'm trying to lose weight should i do cardio first. I know I need to burn 3,000 calories just to lose 1lb so how much should I be eating?

ticco

ticco

Awards
  • Established
3500 hundred cals to lose a pound just so you know when you do your calculations

Mau5489

Awards
thanks Ticco shows you how much of a noob I am. I am counting calories and I consume about 2400 for my body weight. Don't know how much I should cut that by in order to start seeing some weight lose because as of right now i'm maintaining my weight.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thanks Ticco shows you how much of a noob I am. I am counting calories and I consume about 2400 for my body weight. Don't know how much I should cut that by in order to start seeing some weight lose because as of right now i'm maintaining my weight.

post a day of your diet. Where are you tracking it? are you using a scale, measuring cups, measuring spoons?

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
I am having phenominal success on the Anabolic Diet. I feel great, in and out of the gym, and am losing body fat at a satisfying rate. The nice thing is that it isn't so much a "diet" (in that diets are generally a temporary solution) and is actually a long term way of eating.

This site and some others have great resources about the Anabolic Diet, and the more refined CDK diet.

Mau5489

Awards
Well my meal for today will be this.

High Calorie day
Meal 1 = 3 Egg Whites 2 Whole Eggs, 1 Cup oatmeal and 1 banana
Meal 2 = 1/2 can light tuna, 2 slices of wheat bread & 1 tbsp of fat-free mayo
Meal 3 = Chicken breast (6oz), 1 sweet potato, 1/2 can light syrup mixed fruit
Meal 4 = 8oz Fat-Free Yogurt
Meal 5 & 6 consist of 20g Whey Protein w/ banana pre-workout and 40g Whey protein with a bagel and 2 tbsp of jelly post-workout
Meal 7 = 6 oz chicken breast, 2 cups cooked spaghetti w/ 1/2 cup marinare sauce and 1 cup green beans
Meal 8 = Cassein Protein
About 3,244 Calories 280 Protein 450 Carbs 31 Fat.

I did legs today 2/3/2009 and this what I did.
Squat
255x6
255x6
245x10
245x12
235x12
Leg Press
450x6
495x6
485x10
475x12
475x12
Lunge(Dumbells)
45x6
45x6
35x10
30x12
30x12
Leg Extension
100x12(2x)
Leg Curl
110x12
120x12
Crunch & Reverse Crunch
2 Set's of 15
Leg-Press Calf Raise
475x12 (2x)
Seated Dumbell Calf Raise
75x12
85x12

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
earlier you said 2400, which was why i was wondering :) sounded awful low

Mau5489

Awards
earlier you said 2400, which was why i was wondering :) sounded awful low
Yeah sorry about that so is my calories in take good so I can lose weight. Don't mind if I gain some lean muscle just like everybody else but my main goal is to lose weight.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i'd probably clip it a little, drop the carbs out of meals 5+7

Mau5489

Awards
i'd probably clip it a little, drop the carbs out of meals 5+7
Cool thanks i'll probably go half with the bagel and 1 cup with the pasta I did feel way too full at night well gotta go at it today again. I'll post my log and food intake as well.

GO HARD OR GO HOME