I'm rotten inside

Jcc

Awards
  • Established
Alright, I gotta do something about this. I've been taking in 400+ grams of protein a day... and I gotta ask, how do you big guys do it? I am a farting and shitting machine.

I've been taking in about 1g of ginger root per day. Should I take more? And what about bromelain, or any other tips?

PC1

Welcome, to the REAL world (Neo).....

Heh,

I know there are otc products in pharmacies that can help you with the gas. Otherwise, if you're going to eat a lot, you're going to crap a lot.

Good luck though.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
LOL @ Chemo.

I just take a tsp. of metamucil with every meal besides post-wo. Make sure your whey is Isolate, otherwise the concentrate will clear the room.

LunaHotel

Awards
  • Established
I think the super-smelly gas comes from the protein being incompletely digested. Personnally, it happens to me when I try to take in more than 50 or 60 grams of protein in one meal. Milk and 40g protein does that, too. Incompletely digested protein is waste, you'll absorb very little of it... So I guess it's down to bromelain, wich DOES help, or MORE servings :p

tatortodd

Awards
  • Established
For almost a year now, I've taken one digestive enzyme capsule with shakes and with most meals. As far as cost goes, Twinlab Super Enzymes costs me $9.66 per month if I take a 4 per day. I've heard good things about Now's Digestive Enzymes, but haven't tried them yet.

The B vitamins are also good for digestion, and I remember when I started taking a B-100 Complex at lunch I had a significant reduction in gas.

~Todd

Jcc

Awards
  • Established
Well I eat close to 6000 calories per day, so I expect that more in= more out. ;)

But without getting into excessive detail, let's just say that most of them are NOT of the desired consistensy, if you catch my drift? heh

I was hoping to not have to switch proteins, as the Pro Rated protein is about the only one I can afford when taking in about 15 lbs of it per month... I will try some digestive enzymes, but if I HAVE to change my protein source then I will.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Why not hit up customizer man? You'll save a great deal of money that way.

Good luck in your stench filled endeavors. ;) :)

Jcc

Awards
  • Established
At a certain site, I'm getting Pro Rated for around $4 a pound. I used to use customizer, but his prices are a bit higher than that, and I'm broke.

Thanks for the well wishes for my colon. ;) I just picked up some of Now's enzymes and we'll see how that goes.

Jcc

Awards
  • Established
Update on my cornhole. :D

The NOW enzyme caps seem to work pretty well at 2 caps per meal. Last night though, I had my 90g PW shake and then some damn good enchiladas an hour later... yeah buddy! Clear a room.

The bromelain content in the caps seems a bit low, so I think I shall up the dosage until I'm out, then buy some straight bromelain caps.

jetset

Awards
just an opinion do you think maybe your consuming just a little too much protein? Unless your lean body mass is 200plus. digestive enzymes are a great idea. I don't know how many meals you eat a day but try spreading them out a little more(if you are only eating six times a day try eight to get the protein amount smaller per meal and you shouldn't have as much of a problem, you will get better absorbtion.) Just an opinion.

Ibench800

Awards
A Metamucil substitute is strongly advised. You're looking for psyllium husk. U can get it at Vitamine Shoppee or online or something. Metamucil is overpriced, they charge you for flavoring and stuff.

Just throw into a shake.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I always lower the protien when the rank gas starts. I find I can eat 400+ g of protien a day for only about a week or two before I start dropping horrid gas bombs. (more If Im training really hard) I wonder if its just because your body isnt using it?

BigV

Jcc

Awards
  • Established
Enzyme caps work great, but it takes a really high dose of them to be effective for me. Is the bromelain the MAIN thing helping to digest the protein? If so, NOW makes straight bromelain caps with a much higher concentration than that in the enzyme caps.

A-Train

Awards
NOW brand bromelain is the ****, no pun intended. I've used it for a couple years now.

If you take it with your protein, you get better breakdown and, presumably, better uptake.

If you take it on an empty stomach, it has anti-inflammatory properties.

And it's totally natural, derived from pineapples.

Stay away from open flames, man. ;)

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
I have to question amounts much above 300 grams daily or even total cals above 4000 or so, although I realize some guys do extremely well with huge amounts of protein (I think IA and/or DC recommends this, no?)

With that said I also use Twin Labs digestive enzymes. They work well for me, although in time my problems with garbage-ass seem to lessen, thankfully :D

Changing your protein source could help also, although I know cheap is always good ;)

tatortodd

Awards
  • Established
Enzyme caps work great, but it takes a really high dose of them to be effective for me. Is the bromelain the MAIN thing helping to digest the protein? If so, NOW makes straight bromelain caps with a much higher concentration than that in the enzyme caps.
I'm not sure what percentage the bromelain accounts for, but the bromelain is not the only thing digesting the protein when you're taking a digestive enzyme product like Twinlab's Superenzyme. The pancreatin 4x also aids in protein digestion.

~Todd

hogiejoe

Banned
Awards
would taking the digestive enzyme supplments effect the oral prohormones, especially curious if it would effect m1t. would it break it down more if you took these at close to the same times.