Restaurant Nutritional Guides

Kc2554

Awards
Are there any websites that have reliable information the nutritional content for restaurants?

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Best source is probably the places you're looking at eating at. There may be some uploaded content and some of the popular diet tracking sites like fitday but it's most likely user loaded info and with that comes possible errors.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
no, there are no reliable guides. independent testing showed that fat content varied as much as 30% off what the restaurant said was in a given dish. Sauce amounts, exact meat cut sizes, etc all can add up to a significant difference over posted nutrition. So if you can't count on what they say themselves, no 3rd party will be better

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
I cannot give you a guarantee that they are 100% accurate, but you can pick up a food almanac at Wal-mart Barnes & Noble etc. They usually run between $5-7.00, and they alphabetically document the nutritional information of all foods, including dishes served at most restaurant chains.

FincaChick

FincaChick

Awards
The Calorie King usually has a good selection of nutritional content but you have to take into account whether or not the cooks are actually following the recipies to spec.

FincaChick

FincaChick

Awards
I can say that with confidence because I have worked at a few places and I know that they don't use exact measurements... more like estimates so, they could be off give or take a few...

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Totally unrelated, but I dont even notice all the pictures of hot women that the guys grab off the internet to use as their avatars, but the handful of women that use their own pics as avatars I totally loose my train of thought when I look at them.

Kc2554

Awards
Totally unrelated, but I dont even notice all the pictures of hot women that the guys grab off the internet to use as their avatars, but the handful of women that use their own pics as avatars I totally loose my train of thought when I look at them.
I think I loose my train of thought when they do both.