Acceptable amount of fat...

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
On a recomp, How many grams of "good fat" daily, is acceptable. I am writing a new diet/spreadsheet and it seems INSANELY HIGH! Any advice would be appreciated.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
on recomp i use maintence calories, and 6- 7 meals and no carbs

Each meal is 50g protein, and i multiply that by the # of meals but try not to go over 350g tops (if it is then i lower the amount of protein per meal) the rest i use in Fats to get my calories less 200 for indirect sources of kcals. (fats in protein carbs in protein ect.) and i have a clean cheat meal (brown rice/pasta ect) and its only 1 meal then my next cheat meal is on a sunday (normally the first 3 meals with GDAs)

i end up with 150-180g of fat and maybe a lil more on other days

Preworkout has fat in the meal PWO1 does not. PWO 2 does.

hope this helps.

PS i can try and give you a lay out for a recomp Diet if you would like, PM me for info.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
on recomp i use maintence calories, and 6- 7 meals and no carbs

Each meal is 50g protein, and i multiply that by the # of meals but try not to go over 350g tops (if it is then i lower the amount of protein per meal) the rest i use in Fats to get my calories less 200 for indirect sources of kcals. (fats in protein carbs in protein ect.) and i have a clean cheat meal (brown rice/pasta ect) and its only 1 meal then my next cheat meal is on a sunday (normally the first 3 meals with GDAs)

i end up with 150-180g of fat and maybe a lil more on other days

Preworkout has fat in the meal PWO1 does not. PWO 2 does.

hope this helps.

PS i can try and give you a lay out for a recomp Diet if you would like, PM me for info.
Awesome reply man! That is exactly what I wanted to hear. I am currently laying one out for myself, but I wouldn't mind sharing once I am done! I will shoot you a PM once I get finished with it. Reps!

EDIT: No carbs is scary! Are you doing this keto?

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Awesome reply man! That is exactly what I wanted to hear. I am currently laying one out for myself, but I wouldn't mind sharing once I am done! I will shoot you a PM once I get finished with it. Reps!

EDIT: No carbs is scary! Are you doing this keto?

this one is more general... i got a better one in a document file. just need to know your LBM (or not depending on if you know you Maintenece kcals)

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
this one is more general... i got a better one in a document file. just need to know your LBM (or not depending on if you know you Maintenece kcals)
My LBM calculates up to around 3300 cals daily.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
My LBM calculates up to around 3300 cals daily.

then i would do 8 meals a day and 45g pro(1440 kcal) and 24g (1728) fat per meal. and will give you 3168 kcal per day which will leave room for indirect kcal sources.

now this is for NON workout days

Workout days remove the 24g of fat and that gives you 216 kcal to play with if you want to add those kcals in waxymaize PWO you can (54g waxy) and remember because of the indirect sources you can play with that waxy number a tad.....

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
then i would do 8 meals a day and 45g pro(1440 kcal) and 24g (1728) fat per meal. and will give you 3168 kcal per day which will leave room for indirect kcal sources.

Workout days remove the 24g of fat and that gives you 216 kcal to play with if you want to add those kcals in waxymaize PWO you can (54g waxy) and remember because of the indirect sources you can play with that waxy number a tad.....
I definitely agree with Crazy on this, poly/mono fats are awesome for recomp due to the fact they create lipolysis.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

This is almost exactly what I was going to do. I just thought that much fat was going to be too much. I guess I am mistaken!

I had 8 meals listed... Breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, pre WO, post WO, Dinner (1hr after post WO), and pre-bed.

My fat may not be quite that high, maybe 125-150. My carbs will be close to 300 daily.

I lift 5x a week. I do about 20 minutes of cardio after weights in semi HIIT form.

I am going to see what happens the way I have planned for the first couple weeks. I might even lean into more of the type of recomp diet you have described. Slowly decrease the amount of carbs I intake daily, and raise the amount of fat I take in.

Should get really nasty in a few weeks. It has never been a problem for me to drop fat, while maintaining muscle.

Thanks for all of the help bro! Reps to you!

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
This is almost exactly what I was going to do. I just thought that much fat was going to be too much. I guess I am mistaken!

I had 8 meals listed... Breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, pre WO, post WO, Dinner (1hr after post WO), and pre-bed.

My fat may not be quite that high, maybe 125-150. My carbs will be close to 300 daily.

I lift 5x a week. I do about 20 minutes of cardio after weights in semi HIIT form.

I am going to see what happens the way I have planned for the first couple weeks. I might even lean into more of the type of recomp diet you have described. Slowly decrease the amount of carbs I intake daily, and raise the amount of fat I take in.

Should get really nasty in a few weeks. It has never been a problem for me to drop fat, while maintaining muscle.

Thanks for all of the help bro! Reps to you!

you can try the diet i stated with the mass monster shake USP labs described but with only 1 cheat meal at the end of the week.