Deer Steak

Squiboy

Awards
:confused: I am trying to cut fat and gain as much muscle as possible. Right now im 6' 2" 220 lbs. not sure about body fat. what kind of diet do you recommend, cause i have no idea where to start. also ive read that red meat is essential to alot of these diets and im a hunter so is deer steak as good a choice as beef?

please help much apprectiated!
-squidboy

Longdog

Awards
  • Established
Deer steak & ground deer is great for cutting. I think its closer to chicken fat content than beef. Plus it's cheap if you hunt it yourself & tastes better than beef.

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
Doesn't anyone worry about the chronic wasting disease that is very similar to Mad-Cow disease that is running rampant in all deer populations? The gov't keeps saying that their is no proof it can jump species and infect humans, but they said the same thing about the other until 10 years later it started showing up.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
It is only running rampant in the western states and some of the New England states where there a major over population issues..

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
Minnesota's got it, Missouri(my state) had it's first cases this year. why take the chance. Eat buffalo, more creatine per pound;)

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Game meat, outside of the disease issues, is your best friend. It has a cleaner overall protein and fat profile than beef. No hormones or antibiotics either.

Elk is the king!

LunaHotel

Awards
  • Established
Horse is pretty good too, if you don't overdo it and get an excess-iron headache :(

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
The Horse is a noble animal. Cows and Pigs are ugly, we're doing them a favor eating them.

My homage to Colonel Potter from MASH:D