Cholesterol Jump

pitching101

pitching101

Awards
  • Established
Just figured I should tell people my cholesterol jumped from a healthy 165 to a not healthy 225 and it was because of 1 of 2 things:

A Pplex/havoc bridge a did (with proper PCT and support supps)
or
Me going on a cyclical keto diet, where I eat a lot of cheese, burgers, butter, olive oil, almonds (thought keto did not affect cholesterol)

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
Were you equally fasted both times? Measure of blood cholesterol can easily be affected. I think its actually a pretty bad measure but there isn't really any other good way to check it either.

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
My cycle ended Dec. 3, my PCT ended Jan. 1, started keto Jan. 3, my blood test was on like jan 19
Call me skeptical, but I doubt the 15 or so days on Keto are gonna cause that big of a cholesterol change.

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Just figured I should tell people my cholesterol jumped from a healthy 165 to a not healthy 225 and it was because of 1 of 2 things:

A Pplex/havoc bridge a did (with proper PCT and support supps)
or
Me going on a cyclical keto diet, where I eat a lot of cheese, burgers, butter, olive oil, almonds (thought keto did not affect cholesterol)
Keto diets raise cholesterol levels initially and then they become better.

Low cholesterol does not equal healthy, anyone who believes that is an idiot. Ratios/Values are the most important thing High HDL and Low LDL, VLDL and IDL and signs of good cholesterol ratios in the body, regardless of the total value.

Ironically, lots of research has shown that low total cholesterol is riskier than high total cholesterol.

However, Carbs do affect your cholesterol ratios negatively and consuming lots of them on a refeed could be an issue which is why I keep mine <5g of carbs, no refeeds