BMR Estimates.

  1. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Aggravated's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,746
    Answers
    0

    BMR Estimates.


    For those of you that use the BMR formula...

    (6.3 x weight in lbs) + (12.9 x height in inches) + (6.8 x age in years) + 66

    What do you add, if you do resistance training/bodybuilding routine? I thought it was around 500 calories or so?

    What are your opinions?

  2. Banned
    crazyfool405's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,431
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Aggravated View Post
    For those of you that use the BMR formula...

    (6.3 x weight in lbs) + (12.9 x height in inches) + (6.8 x age in years) + 66

    What do you add, if you do resistance training/bodybuilding routine? I thought it was around 500 calories or so?

    What are your opinions?

    i do LBM x 14 + 500 for workout days, comes out for me atleast to be more accurate then harris benedict.

    plus you have to add activity factor for the on above.
  3. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Aggravated's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,746
    Answers
    0


    I get a difference of about 700 cals between the Benedict and the LBM calculation. Is this normal? Why trust one over the other?
    •   
       

  4. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Aggravated's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,746
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool405 View Post
    i do LBM x 14 + 500 for workout days, comes out for me atleast to be more accurate then harris benedict.

    plus you have to add activity factor for the on above.
    My activity factor is roughly the same for each. I workout 5x a week. I use the 1.55 option.
  5. Banned
    crazyfool405's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,431
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Aggravated View Post
    I get a difference of about 700 cals between the Benedict and the LBM calculation. Is this normal? Why trust one over the other?

    i got for my LBM about 2550 kcals perday maintence. +250 - 500 is my maintence

    180 LBM

    i trust this (at least for me) because when i ate this, i didnt gain or lose.


    what were your numbers for each?

    and its 12-14 kcal per pound LBM for maintence and 20 kcal per pound LBM for gaining (at least for me )
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. July 4th Sale Shipping Estimates
    By BringThePain in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-06-2010, 08:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in