Ultimate Diet 2.0

capps

Awards
hey guys I plan on running ud 2.0 for about 4-6 weeks. I've ran the diet in the past with great success and I wanted to try it this time with a prohormone. i'm thinking about stacking epi and furazadrol with it for atleast 4 weeks. what do you guys think? any other prohormone suggestions that may work well with this diet...

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
Honestly? I think it's a waste of prohormone. I definately wouldn't waste epi on it...save the epi for a bulk man.

capps

Awards
maybe just furazadrol on its own then?? one problem i had while running the diet was that my monday/tuesday workouts lacked intensity because of the extreme low calorie days..

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hmmm, epi should add some aggression. I've ran the diet before ON cycle and vascularity was vastly improved.

Also another benefit of a methyl maybe that it kills your appetite....which is very nice during the low carb/cal days as you know.

07zx6r

Awards
What is this diet you speak of? And how good was the last time you were on it? Length of time on the diet and weight loss?

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Its a book by Lyle McDonald:

About the Book
When trying to diet to extremely low levels of body fat, muscle mass and performance loss, crashing hormones, runaway hunger and others are perennial difficulties that the non-genetic elite (or natural) dieter has to face.
The Ultimate Diet 2.0 (UD2) provides the answer to all of those problems and more. Building on previous cyclical diets such as the original Ultimate Diet by Dan Duchaine and Michael Zumpano, as well as Bodyopus, the UD2 includes a full discussion of the physiological hurdles that dieters must clear to reach their goals of extremely low body fat levels.
Based around cutting edge research into bodyweight regulation, calorie partitioning and more, The Ultimate Diet 2.0 is a coordinated program of training, nutrition and supplements that will let the most genetically average individual sidestep the problems I mentioned above.
Every aspect of the training cycle, what to eat, how to train and what supplements to take are described in detail. As well, modifications to the diet for different goals are described as well. Variations for powerlifters, endurance athletes and those seeking mass gains are detailed as well.
Please note: the UD2 is an advanced diet for advanced dieters and is only for those seeking very low levels of body fat. The diet is for male at roughly 12-15% body fat and females at 21-24% body fat and trainees must have at least 6 months of consistent training in the weight room under their belt before they even consider the UD2.
Table of Contents
Foreword
Introduction
Chapter 1: What this book is and who it’s for
Chapter 2: Your body hates you
Chapter 3: Why is it so hard: Part 1
Chapter 4: Why is it so hard: Part 2
Chapter 5: Fat basics
Chapter 6: Fat cell metabolism
Chapter 7: Muscle growth: Part 1
Chapter 8: Training systems
Chapter 9: Ultimate Diet 2.0 overview
Chapter 10: The low-carbohydrate phase
Chapter 11: The carb-load
Chapter 12: The weekend
Chapter 13: UD2 Variations
Chapter 14: Final commentary
Excerpt
The following is from Chapter 1: What this book is and who it’s for
What you should expect during the diet
I’ll say up front that the UD2 is not an easy diet. You’ll have to count/decrease calories and carbohydrates 3-5 days out of every 7. While you don’t get to eat everything in sight on the other days, it’ll sure seem like it. On some days you can even eat some junk food. If you use the fat loss variant, you should be losing a pound or more of fat per week, while gaining some muscle. At the very least you’ll maintain muscle without loss which can be an improvement for most people. Performance athletes can lean out while maintaining or even increasing performance as well. For the muscle gain variant, it’s a little harder to predict. Women, of course, will have slightly smaller changes overall for what should be obvious reasons.
Despite what you may be used to, you’ll only be lifting 4 days per week. Each workout should take about an hour or so, with one running maybe an hour and a half. If you can’t find 4 hours per week to train consistently, this diet won’t do you much good. Cardio is optional for men, but generally necessary for women to lose their lower body fat at any decent rate. Still, you shouldn’t need a ton of cardio with this diet, not nearly as much as you think anyhow.
There are only one or two required supplements, although there are some that can be genuinely helpful. Beyond that, the diet revolves around basic foods that you can get at any supermarket (I assume that bodybuilders and athletes have no problem with protein powder). While I’ll mention drug options to further optimize the diet, they are by no means required.

capps

Awards
the diet is really intense i ran it last year for about 6-7 weeks. it's written by Lyle McDonald and it's basically the updated version of BodyOpus. Days 1-4 are low calorie, 1200-1500 cals with full body workouts on days 1 & 2. day 4 is another full body workout and then immediately after a carb-load. day 5 is a carb load, day 6 is high carb day and a full body workout. day 7 is a maintainance day.

i didnt track my weight loss while on the diet but it does exactly what it intends on doing. i went from a 33 waist to a 29 and i maintained most of my strength. its essentially three and half days of hell and then a carb gorge of a lifetime.

check out the book because my short summary doesnt do this diet justice.

redfury1977

redfury1977

Awards
the diet is really intense i ran it last year for about 6-7 weeks. it's written by Lyle McDonald and it's basically the updated version of BodyOpus. Days 1-4 are low calorie, 1200-1500 cals with full body workouts on days 1 & 2. day 4 is another full body workout and then immediately after a carb-load. day 5 is a carb load, day 6 is high carb day and a full body workout. day 7 is a maintainance day.

i didnt track my weight loss while on the diet but it does exactly what it intends on doing. i went from a 33 waist to a 29 and i maintained most of my strength. its essentially three and half days of hell and then a carb gorge of a lifetime.

check out the book because my short summary doesnt do this diet justice.
I have done the UD 2.0 several different ways, the first few tries I did the basic cut diet way and was able to get pretty defined- not shredded as I was still learning things. I then chose to spend 6 weeks of bulking and went from 174 and about 9.5 BF to 187 and about 10.5 BF- not too shabby considering I ate junk foods intentionally during carb load to really bulk up and didnt slap on as much fat as I have previously done when bulking.

I am starting a new 6 week cut on UD 2.0 tomorrow and looking to get back to around 9 BF w/out losing the muscle gained in bulk....