how many people use ALA on their ckd

dalejmurphy

Awards
also what kind of dosage, I read all the info on it on the board but just looking for some personal opinions

FTMGuy

Awards
You could at that question at C-K-D.com Lots of poeple over there know about the CKD diets. Most people only use the ALA or R-ALA on there carb up days though. I used it on my carb up days also when I did a CKD.

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
Like FTMguy said, check out CKD.com(I'm a mod). I used ALA on carb-up days, 1-2g/day.

dalejmurphy

Awards
checked out ckd.com today, there tons of great ckd diet info on their I believe that I will go with about 1.5-2 g during carbs up, that seems to produce the most results

chi_town

Keto Jedi / HomeBrew Advocate
Awards
LOL..........all you Fools pimping ckd.com........answer the poor man's Question. LOL

300-600 mg a day for antioxident......1.5 to 2 grams a day for a glucose transporter..........and IMO only on a carb-up for a CKD.........at the the higher levels.

LOL

I mod at CKD.com also. ;)

sawastea

Awards
300-600 mg a day for antioxident......1.5 to 2 grams a day for a glucose transporter..........and IMO only on a carb-up for a CKD.........at the the higher levels.
I shoot for 300mg ALA or 100mg R-ALA for every 30g carbs...

Ibanez

Awards
When I did CKD, I used ALA on the carb ups only. I do not remember the dosage. I think I might have taken about 1 or 2 pills at a meal (300 mg/pill), depending on the size of the meal.