time to cut again I HATE the first weeks

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well time to cut again i am feeling a little fat. I hate the first couple of weeks. I usually do a longer slower cut. so the first week i cut out soda and fast food on weekdays. 2nd week I cut bread and pasta. 3rd week cut rice. for the first 4 weeks i cheat on weekends. then after that it's cut down to a 24 hour period of cheating per week. My cuts are hard cuts usually min 500 below maintenace and cardio 7 days a weeks.

Also even when i'm not on a cut I still eat healthy several times a day but dont' worry about cals or carbs. i do pretty realistic goals on my cut aiming for no more than 1.5lb a week during the first couple of weeks and going down slowly from there as I am usually no more than 15lbs pounds away from single digit bf% anyway this is the 1st week so basically just venting

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
well just an update cut is going ok so far no soda and no rice and back on the cardio train HIIT 6 days a week no cardio on leg day

07zx6r

Awards
I am starting a new diet tomorrow. Going to suck, but it is for the better.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I am starting a new diet tomorrow. Going to suck, but it is for the better.

yeah that's why I go slow cutting out only one or two items a week so my body isn't shocked by the 4th week it's easy i usually cut 12-16weeks at a time

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established
well good luck on that man im also cutting hate not being able to eat anything i want anymore even though i wouldnt say i need that much to cut off

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
well i like fighting at featherweight but coach thinks bantam would be a better weight for me because of height so i'm stuck cutting because i dont' like to cut too much water it drains me and i don't feel as strong so i got to bring my walking around weight down

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
ok made it through the first week. I am doing various forms of cardio to really kick up the fat burning. my fat burning supplements are SNS TTA and Napalm. My cardio is HIIT on different machines and done after my workouts.

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established
sounds good man i hope it all works out for you bro

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
slowly but surely coming along had to force myself to get to the gym yesterday but once i go there had a good work out i did 5 minute rounds on the treadmill, eliptical, bike, and heavy bag along with some ab work.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
start of week 3 happy withmyself it's a small victory but victory none the less I had some left over rice from the weekends cheat and was so tempted to include in my meals for work. but I didnt'. Most of a diet to me is just staying consistent. cardio is doing good this is just a mini cut so we'll see where we land March is when we go back on a Hardcore cut

littlejeni

littlejeni

Awards
Just curious...what is your carb consumption like. Do you cut them off at night, are you excluding any type of carb?

I just like to see what others do to cut down weight. What I do now allows me to lose about 1 lb a week, which I'm happy with.

Try to stay focused...it's tough!

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just curious...what is your carb consumption like. Do you cut them off at night, are you excluding any type of carb?

I just like to see what others do to cut down weight. What I do now allows me to lose about 1 lb a week, which I'm happy with.

Try to stay focused...it's tough!

right now i'm basically on a mini cut not even counting calories. i've done 12-16 weeks cuts and I do all my cooking so i kind of know how much food keeps me where i want to be.

What i cut out was soda, rice, and bread. most of my meals are chicken fish or beef so not that much carbs and my protein shakes also have few carbs.

starting in March I got a 14 week Hard Cut and will be at 50-100grams of carbs and 400-500 below maintenance most days. I usually lose about .75-1lb per week during a cut because I like to cut slow to keep energy my av is a current pic i usually keep my top four abs but need to cut to bring out the vascularity and lower abs.

littlejeni

littlejeni

Awards
Sounds about right. I don't think my process is as long as yours, but I'm also probably not trying to lose as much as you are seeing as though you are a male.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sounds about right. I don't think my process is as long as yours, but I'm also probably not trying to lose as much as you are seeing as though you are a male.

Yeah i've been doing this long enough that I don't look for the miracles etc i believe in consistent diet and exercises and you will get there it may take a little longer but i'll keep my muscle and wont' be in starvation mode etc.

littlejeni

littlejeni

Awards
After playing with my diet enough, I've learned that starvation mode will lead you the same place you started. It's like you lose it so fast that your mind makes you stuff crap into your mouth because it senses that food is urgent.

Been there, done that, learned from it!

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well i fell of the wagon on Tues night Had a bad day at the gym on chest day and wallowed my sorrow in a dairy queen blizzard. good news is i got right back on the diet and cardio track the next day. I guess we are all human. i keep plugging along my weight feels a little stuck so i added in heavy bag work and shadow boxing to the routine this week something different to try and break through.

carib102

carib102

Awards
How's the cut coming man? I'm already getting to the hard cut part and for me the cravings can be crazy. It's weird 'cause I can go days just fine and then all of a sudden I'll see a commercial or something and it's like "WHAM".

How is the Napalm treating you? I have a bit more to lose than you to get down to single digits, but I was thinking of adding Napalm to the mix during my PCT. You've seen the before photo's - do you think the Napalm will help me? Maybe have to wait until I start PCT and take new photo's then to see for sure since we don't know where I'll be at that point.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
How's the cut coming man? I'm already getting to the hard cut part and for me the cravings can be crazy. It's weird 'cause I can go days just fine and then all of a sudden I'll see a commercial or something and it's like "WHAM".

How is the Napalm treating you? I have a bit more to lose than you to get down to single digits, but I was thinking of adding Napalm to the mix during my PCT. You've seen the before photo's - do you think the Napalm will help me? Maybe have to wait until I start PCT and take new photo's then to see for sure since we don't know where I'll be at that point.

I LOVE Naplam i've used it before with GREAT results and expect the same. Cut is coming along but this was just a mini cut so it wasn't that hard.

carib102

carib102

Awards
I LOVE Naplam i've used it before with GREAT results and expect the same. Cut is coming along but this was just a mini cut so it wasn't that hard.
Cool, maybe I'll give it a try. Way too much lower ab fat for me right now. I guess it's just a curse of the older guy to hold that fat in the lower abs/love handles/lower back. Even if the Napalm only helps get rid of .5-1% BF it will be well worth it.

MasterFlexx

MasterFlexx

Awards
Looks like a great job so far man. Keep it up. I'm just learning the sorrows of giving up the foods I love so dearly for so long while I bulked. Its definately tough to keep up on the cardio and what not. Do you get sore at all in your legs from so much cardio? and if so do you still hit it again the next day?

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Looks like a great job so far man. Keep it up. I'm just learning the sorrows of giving up the foods I love so dearly for so long while I bulked. Its definately tough to keep up on the cardio and what not. Do you get sore at all in your legs from so much cardio? and if so do you still hit it again the next day?

HIIT is done 5 days a week the only days i can't do it are on Leg day and the day after Leg day just too sore Those days i might do some light LISS on a bicycle or walking the dog etc. I've been using the same approach to cutting for a pretty long time taking out 1-2 items a week till my body adjust to a full cut it works best for me. i also have cheat weekend at first then it cuts down to a cheat day until about the final 3-4 weeks where it's super strict.