Need to drop weight for powerlifting

PantherMan24

Awards
Well I weigh about 183 lbs. and i need to get to 168 lbs. while not losing strength if i can. I have a little less than a month till our first weight meet, and i just wanted to know what the best way to drop this weight would be...

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated..
:thumbsup:

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Do you have to weigh in day of or do you have a 24 hour weigh in?

PantherMan24

Awards
Do you have to weigh in day of or do you have a 24 hour weigh in?
i have to weigh in the day of the meet on just invitational meets but regionals and state we get to weigh in the day before

ffmedic32

ffmedic32

Awards
Drop 2 pounds of water and lift in the 181 class. Unless you have alot of fat or are carring water weight its gonna be kinda tuff to drop 15 pounds in a month and not loose strenght, just IMO

My first meet I was weighing 206 and dropped to 197 in about 5 days to make the 198 class, I seriously lost about 80 pounds off my total.

PantherMan24

Awards
Well last year i lost about 13 lbs. of water weight to get to the 157 pound class and i PR in all lifts..i think im just gonna try that again unless anyone has any other ideas that can help me out

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Drop 2 pounds of water and lift in the 181 class. Unless you have alot of fat or are carring water weight its gonna be kinda tuff to drop 15 pounds in a month and not loose strenght, just IMO

My first meet I was weighing 206 and dropped to 197 in about 5 days to make the 198 class, I seriously lost about 80 pounds off my total.
Yeah, if your weight in the day of that is a lot of weight to drop. Even if you manipulate your salt and water levels (which I am not recommending) your going to have a really tough time dropping that kind of weight. I would say stick with the 181 for this meet and slowly cut for the next one. There is an e-book at elitefts called the art and science of making weight that you may want to invest in.

PantherMan24

Awards
ok thanks for the help...ill let yall know how it goes