... quick post on my results from a quasi V diet plan over the holidays

1. Post ... quick post on my results from a quasi V diet plan over the holidays

I was off work the last two weeks of 2008. A few days into my vacation I started reading about the velocity diet and decided to give it a try. I started strict V on 12/22/2008 and gradually degraded to having one solid meal a day. In the last 3 days I've had 2 solid meals a day. Yesterday I took a break since I took 5 nephews out to run around and ate junk food - Wendys and later Braum's ice cream (I had frozen yogurt double dip).

Anyway, I wanted to post a couple of pics for people to compare. I can honestly say that 3 days ago I looked much leaner. I'm currently waiting on my workout partner to recover, so I may get back to a strict V diet for another week or two.

First pic was taken on 12/7/2008. I was 175 lbs around 19.8% BF from reading by trainer at gym.
    Second pic was taken on 1/11/2009. I am 168 lbs around 15% BF from self caliper reading.
    Third pic was taken on 1/16/2009. Not sure about weight yet. Self-caliper reading remains around 15% BF.
    Fourth and final pic was taken on 1/18/2009. I was 168 lbs around 15% BF from self calipre reading.

My protein and fat meals were as follows:
    Oryx Goat Whey Vanilla yielding 15g protein
    Oryx Goat Whey Chocolate yielding 15g protein
    ON 100% Egg Chocolate yielding 12g protein
    1/8 - 1/2 cup walnuts, yielding 10 - 20g fat
    1 cap Sesamin
    1 cap CLA

About an hour before bed I'd drink the following:
    ON 100% Casein Vanilla yielding 24g protein
    ON 100% Egg Chocolate yielding 12g protein
    Either walnuts or flax seed oil

I also took 4 to 5 fish oil caps with each solid meal.

So, although I have not followed the V diet strictly, the cut on overall calories, the significant cut on daily carbs, and consistent workouts since I started about 2 1/2 weeks ago have yielded a 7 lb weight loss. My muscles don't feel any different, I do get tired earlier in my workout, and I've lost a little strength.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by silverSurfer; 01-18-2009 at 02:04 PM. Reason: New pic

2. Looks good to me. It even put hair on your chest.
    •   

3. Noticeable difference. good stuff.

4. I ate more solid meals yesterday, although no junk food. I'll steer back to V starting today and see what happens by Sunday... maybe I'll get more hair on my chest haha

5. I've posted another pic. I have been doing a little cheating on weekends and have noticed that I look leaner on Friday and Saturday mornings. It looks like my handles have come in a little.

On a side note, I'm making a point of using the same bathroom and wearing the same pj to make the comparison easier haha
    •   

6. Fourth and final pic. I'm starting an Xtreme Tren cycle today so my diet will change some.

7. Definitely a difference,.. good job!
    Think training's hard,. try losing!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Post Your Bulking Diet and Results
    By gus.medrano in forum Bulking
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-11-2011, 02:21 AM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-18-2008, 10:26 AM
  3. Managing a Perfect Diet Over the Holidays
    By FemBot in forum Female Fitness