CKD question

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  293 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.58%

CKD question

So Im going to be planning on starting a CKD diet in a few days. The thing that concerns me is what happens when you go off of it. I know you have the weekend carb up. Will you put weight back on afterwards like I know people do with Atkins

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.54%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Short Answer:
    People gain weight after atkins/other fad diets because they have no self control and use the diet as a way to control their eating habits.

There is probably more to it than that, but that's my 2 cents.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1%

Quote Originally Posted by bigdognhb View Post
    So Im going to be planning on starting a CKD diet in a few days. The thing that concerns me is what happens when you go off of it. I know you have the weekend carb up. Will you put weight back on afterwards like I know people do with Atkins

The atkins diet is not geared towards athletes, keep that in mind, its geared towards average people with an average perception on what the effects of dieting are.

In ketogenic diets in general, you lose water weight because of the effects of ketones as well as glycogen from the muscle (at a much more accelerated rate). Putting on "Weight" is subjective. You do not want to put on fat, but weight gain happens. If you come off of CKD and eat at maintenance level you won't gain weight back.

On the carb up weekend you should gain weight back, water in the muscles mostly from the glycogen.
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.16%

What is this maintenance level in which you speak? I hear BWX15 and BWX18, is there a more accurate way to determine it? I'm taking in 3,000 calories a day and that's supposedly 600 calories lower than my maintenance, but i feel that is still too high! What is your stance on this?
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1%

The most accurate way, not to be a ****, is to find out yourself.

Say if you eat 3000 calories a day and gain .5 pounds in a week, you can almost safely say youve eaten 1750 extra calories you need a week.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  293 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.58%

Thanks guys. Another thought I had and I cant find this anywhere in the threads or articles. Everything gives good info on protein and fat intake. Being that your trying to keep as much water in the muscle as possible. Should you try to increase your Sodium and K+ intake?
    At minium I would think this would help retain some strength
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.54%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Thanks guys. Another thought I had and I cant find this anywhere in the threads or articles. Everything gives good info on protein and fat intake. Being that your trying to keep as much water in the muscle as possible. Should you try to increase your Sodium and K+ intake?
    Odds are that your sodium intake will take care of itself (eggs - 171mg per, meats, etc.) If anything, you may look at supplementing your potassium.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.16%

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasRivera View Post
    The most accurate way, not to be a ****, is to find out yourself.

Say if you eat 3000 calories a day and gain .5 pounds in a week, you can almost safely say youve eaten 1750 extra calories you need a week.
    Lol, thx Thomas. Under normal circumstances I wouldn't mind doing that, but with my CKD, weight fluctuations are the norm with your body being in a constant state of dehydration and rehydration. Any other ideas?
  9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1%

Quote Originally Posted by AMTorres View Post
    Lol, thx Thomas. Under normal circumstances I wouldn't mind doing that, but with my CKD, weight fluctuations are the norm with your body being in a constant state of dehydration and rehydration. Any other ideas?
    You carry over your macro requirements for dieting while using carbohydrates.

If not then you pick a starting point and adjust to the progress that you see.
  10. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1%

You'll notice alot of guys that cut with this diet get strength increases as a normal part of their cut. This diet preserves muscle very well.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob187 View Post
    Odds are that your sodium intake will take care of itself (eggs - 171mg per, meats, etc.) If anything, you may look at supplementing your potassium.
    I agree, potassium can be supplemented from low sodium salt. It's made from potassium and sodium.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Cycle question/Been out of the game question
    By animalkrack3r in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-19-2012, 05:34 PM
  2. Daa question + waxy maize (Kwick Karb) question
    By doolee in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-06-2011, 01:57 PM
  3. Progesterone Gyno question and Epi question
    By burywhite in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2