Page 5 of 5 First ... 345
  1. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.58%
    Achievements Reputation ProPosting Pro

I agree with most of the points above me other then the fact that i feel sauna burns more of water weight then weight in general its good to drop a few pounds quick for a contest or something but will come right back usually.

As far as running i didnt realize you commuted 90 minutes to work in that case i would reccomend just continuing running at your facility and once you get the equipment at home if your motivated you'll be surprise how much they help.

Im not sure if you have or wish to take any supplements im not going to suggest anything extreme like others just stuff like Green Tea or Rasberry Ketones or something just not sure if you have taken any basic ones like that as they can help. Not pushing you to use them if you dont want though.

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  211 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.46%

ahhh green tea, didnt think about that. i drink green tea every single day and i def notice it. it gives me energy and i feel it rev up my metabolism for about 2 hours depending on how much i drink. everyday around 11 or noon, i always make tea with 2 green tea bags. then later on when im done, i add another one and put in cold water this time and sip it throughout the day. also, i use this really good natural honey that my mom gets from her business. its white and gooey. 100% natural. really really good stuff. i also used to take green tea extract in capsules. it had green tea extracts, white, black and i think 1 more thing. it worked good for giving me energy and its alot better than coffee IMO. tea is good stuff. =-]
    deadlift or DONT lift
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  310 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.6%
    Achievements Reputation Pro

I dont really like green tea, but I have got quite a thing for coffee. I will drink a pot of coffee a day on my commute, maybe more if I make any at work. I only drink Jamaican Blue Mountain as I have become a bit of a coffee snob. If adding some additional sweetener to the tea like a honey would make it more palatable, then it would be a nice substitute to the water I have been pounding mercilessly.

I still never really went back to soda. I think I have had 3 or 4 since January and 2 were the same day.

I have been playing golf a lot and walking the course on weekends. It is still in the 70's temperature wise so it is pretty nice out. I play Saturday mornings and Sunday mornings before church, but that might move to after church as a few folks are interested in playing. It would have been rude to say no, but I like going and getting paired up with folks and I treat it like a sales call. I am not in sales, but I work for the hotel chain that is on the golf course and everybody sells, plus I like doing the fun stuff that Sales does, but I hate cold calls.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.58%

I personally love green tea but ive gone with the green tea caps its something to look into 100 caps goes for 8.99$ and you take 3 a day. It truely is a staple in my diet you mentioned you didnt like green tea hence the caps (insert smiley face) It has a good deal of benefits from speeding up the metabolism, to even help fighting the flu (no H1N1 for me) Im only mentioning these if your interested in all natural basic supplements that are proven to aid in fat loss but just overall all around health. Omega-3 Fish oil is another good one which has essential fatty acids which supports a healthy heart and aids in fat loss.

Again im not pushing anything on you just mentioning a few cheap staples i have in my diet to aid in your marvelous journey.

And man i wish i could still play golf right now its Pretty cold up here in new england gold is a great game i just wish i was better at it lol.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  310 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.6%

Quote Originally Posted by jumpshot903 View Post
    I personally love green tea but ive gone with the green tea caps its something to look into 100 caps goes for 8.99$ and you take 3 a day. It truely is a staple in my diet you mentioned you didnt like green tea hence the caps (insert smiley face) It has a good deal of benefits from speeding up the metabolism, to even help fighting the flu (no H1N1 for me) Im only mentioning these if your interested in all natural basic supplements that are proven to aid in fat loss but just overall all around health. Omega-3 Fish oil is another good one which has essential fatty acids which supports a healthy heart and aids in fat loss.

Again im not pushing anything on you just mentioning a few cheap staples i have in my diet to aid in your marvelous journey.

And man i wish i could still play golf right now its Pretty cold up here in new england gold is a great game i just wish i was better at it lol.

I am not very good, but it is good exercise when you walk it and I am really trying to get better and then come springtime, sandbag a bit at the beginning of the season and then beat the snot out of some co-workers. I will look into what you mentioned.

Appreciate the help. Where in NE? I lived on the Cape for a few years after college.
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.58%

More specifically Connecticut Just was giving a wider range which refers to the areas of like New york, maine,Massachusets,New Hampshire, Vermont etc.
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.58%

Its been 10 days since you last posted whats up i thought u lit a spark and were getting back into this i hope your just unable to acess CPU im pulling for ya.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  310 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.6%

Quote Originally Posted by jumpshot903 View Post
    Its been 10 days since you last posted whats up i thought u lit a spark and were getting back into this i hope your just unable to acess CPU im pulling for ya.

We are doing ok, just nothing new to report. Weather has been wet and cold so no golfing and work has been a bit much with Thanksgiving and two football teams taking over my hotels, plus high school football playoffs, so I go along with my bride for that as she has to attend as principal. I am walking/running on weekend am and some light lifting/cardio in the evenings during the week. I appreciate you keeping on me though.
  9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  232 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.64%

FA,

Lots of people diet off tons of weight and many eventually reach their goal weight. Then, most gain it right back, plus more.

Watch some old reruns of "Biggest Loser" on TV. There is a theme and a message throughout the many shows that look back at the old contestants: Those that keep the weight off, embrace an athletic lifestyle. Dieting takes it off, and movement keeps it off.

Note that the term I used is "athletic." It takes much effort.
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.58%

Well one thing he hopefully is learning from it is a good lifestyle you mentioned its true some people gain it back if they become lazy but if you have the determination which i feel he has he could most deffinately keep it off.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  310 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.6%

I totally get it. It came off slow at first, but then it started coming off quickly. Then I got in a bit of a jam at work and wasn't able to keep up the activity level, but it kept coming off. I rode that wave out and it caught up with me. I got back up close to 278-280 before the light went on again. I took it for granted and lost, so I definitely understand that the laziness will catch up, plus I am not getting any younger

I am back in the 270-273 range as of this morning. (I dont want to get too excited but it did say 270.0 this morning) I will accept 271.5 at this point. While it is my belly that I need to slim down, my legs are as strong and tight as I can ever remember from all the golfing/walking I have been doing.
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.58%

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Ass 101 View Post
    I totally get it. It came off slow at first, but then it started coming off quickly. Then I got in a bit of a jam at work and wasn't able to keep up the activity level, but it kept coming off. I rode that wave out and it caught up with me. I got back up close to 278-280 before the light went on again. I took it for granted and lost, so I definitely understand that the laziness will catch up, plus I am not getting any younger

I am back in the 270-273 range as of this morning. (I dont want to get too excited but it did say 270.0 this morning) I will accept 271.5 at this point. While it is my belly that I need to slim down, my legs are as strong and tight as I can ever remember from all the golfing/walking I have been doing.
    Nice glad to hear the progress keep it up, ya i found that was a problem not really any other area then gut targeting the gut is always a pain but it eventually comes off.
  13. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.57%

Congratulations on your progress. A lot of people would quit after a month of small effort. We all hope you continue to reach your goals.
  14. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  264 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.45%

FA,

As someone who started at 5'11, 320lbs, with barely any muscle, i know the journey you are on. I dropped from 290 in January of 2004, to 200 in Oct of 2005.
    It took dedication to working out (i took up mixed martial arts, its the best workout ever IMO) and eating right.
    The downside is, i have low test and high estrogen, and never got tested. So after dropping over 100lbs, i put 80 back on after getting married. I stopped working out, got depressed, and started eating poorly again.

I am now back on my way down, with a doctor monitoring my hormone levels. Just wanted to let you know that you can do it!! I did, and lots of other people here have. Just dont give up.

One thing you could consider (and i know you have a long commute) is getting up 10-15 minutes early and getting in some HIIT plyometrics in your living room or basement.

Just alternating between a set amount (like 5 each) of squats, pushups, mountain climbers (look it up), and maybe burpees, followed by a 30 second rest for 5 - 10 minutes will get your metabolism revved up for the rest of the day, build strength and help build consistency in your fitness plan.

Also i remember reading that you dont eat breakfast until you get to work after a 90 minute drive. Eating first thing in the morning starts the bodies furnace, and is imperative to helping control cravings later on in the day IMO.

Good work, keep it up!
  15. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  310 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.6%

Thanks Kris

Part of the lifestyle change was eating breakfast before leaving. Usually a bowl of Wheaties. I keep a bag of protein bars in my golf bag in my trunk if I ever skip, I grab something from there. I really like the taste and filling nature of muscle milk. Is that stuff going to hurt me?
  16. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.13%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting VeteranPosting RoyaltyPosting God

its more total calories per meal/day, than necessarily what makes them. muscle milk is an ok meal replacement, but not ok as a general drink
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far

Similar Forum Threads

1. Assistance please!!
    By Jfletcherp in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-05-2011, 09:22 AM
  2. need assistance in finding..
    By ebaydan777 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-05-2010, 09:59 AM
  3. Need CC Assistance
    By DanNapier in forum Custom Capsule
    Replies: 0