Fat Ass needs assistance

Page 4 of 8 First ... 23456 ... Last

1. I have updated my weight on my progress chart to 286. That is roughly 12 lbs from where I started. I had mentioned before that there are two scales that I had been using, which are off by 10-15 lbs. I am going to use the one at home for the chart's sake, not just b/c it is lower, but I have more consistent access. That would have listed my starting weight at about 295-300 lbs. Both scales show a 12-15 lb loss since beginning this journey. Thank you for your continued support and here's to the next 15 coming off as quickly.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Fat Ass 101 View Post
    Wasn't able to get to workout last night as the gym was packed and my agreement was to never displace a paying guest. I will hit it tonight.

There is an interesting conversation going on with another thread regarding which is better for weight loss.. Cardio before or after weights. There seem to be a lot of opinions, but with the light weight training that am doing, is it really a concern for me at this time? Would one way benefit more than the other?
    I agree that it should be what you are most comfortable with, but I've heard time and time again that it is a good habit to do cardio after. Think of your body like a furnace, you need to get it going before it really lets off any heat. Well, by you lifting before, which is anaerobic, you will slowly warm up and by the time you get to the higher calorie burning cardio your body is ready to burn.

PS-you girls are so pitiful when it comes to your spinning class conversation...It's a good thing females give birth or we'd be going extinct.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by littlejeni View Post
    I agree that it should be what you are most comfortable with, but I've heard time and time again that it is a good habit to do cardio after. Think of your body like a furnace, you need to get it going before it really lets off any heat. Well, by you lifting before, which is anaerobic, you will slowly warm up and by the time you get to the higher calorie burning cardio your body is ready to burn.

PS-you girls are so pitiful when it comes to your spinning class conversation...It's a good thing females give birth or we'd be going extinct.
    I feel like I get more done if I do it afterward. I like the way you explained it!

4. Quote Originally Posted by littlejeni View Post

Makes perfect sense.

5. Whatever. I read somewhere that it has to do with females having a more advantageous natural hip angle that makes it harder for men to do spinning. Kinda like how men just arent made for child birth, not made for spinning classes either.
    •   

6. Okay, Mav...maybe it's like I read somewhere that women understand things better because we have a slightly larger brain than men. Haha J/K

7. Mav, I read somewhere that women are always right, regardless of the topic. I think my wife wrote it. At least she didn't get it tatooed on my arm.

I was able to get up on the treadmill last night, but the hotel guests came in after me so I didn't get to use weights. I did kick it up a notch on the cardio though, and quite honestly, at the stage that I am at, the cardio may really be all I need. However, I do like the hour or two after using weights though. It's a weird euphoric feeling.

Scale said 285 this morning. Enjoying this pound a day ride and hope it keeps up longer than I think it will.

I am working on my plan for Super Bowl Sunday party and would strongly consider any opinions on how to stay on track. It's not something I can blow off as it is my wife's work folk. I really don't want to cheat, even for a day. Folks at my work are starting to notice the loss from the past couple weeks.

Cheers,

8. Quote Originally Posted by Fat Ass 101 View Post
    Mav, I read somewhere that women are always right, regardless of the topic. I think my wife wrote it. At least she didn't get it tatooed on my arm.
    no, its "As a married man, you can either be right, or be happy"

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Ass 101 View Post
    I am working on my plan for Super Bowl Sunday party and would strongly consider any opinions on how to stay on track. It's not something I can blow off as it is my wife's work folk. I really don't want to cheat, even for a day. Folks at my work are starting to notice the loss from the past couple weeks.

Cheers,
    easy, get a veggie tray or two, and abuse that. filling yourself with broccoli and celery makes it less tempting to hit the nachos and cheese

9. My husband and I have a tradition of making appetizers that are healthy and we pig out on Superbowl Sunday.

Try boiled shrimp, humus dip, deer/turkey chili, fruit and veggie trays or pickle trays. Also, it's good to eat a meal before you go so that you won't try to fill up on crap.

Either that or make Sunday your cheat day

10. Yeah, it looks veggie tray is going to be the way to go. I don't know what they are going to have there. Maybe we can offer to bring something.

11. FA, I just posted my chili recipe under the recipe forum. Check it out if you are looking for something easy to take with you.

12. Quote Originally Posted by Fat Ass 101 View Post
    Yeah, it looks veggie tray is going to be the way to go. I don't know what they are going to have there. Maybe we can offer to bring something.
    You can still have some of the other stuff, just use the veggies to establish basic fill so you'll just have one pig in a blanket, or a couple chips instead of a whole plateful.

13. i do 5 mins low intensity jogging on the treadmill gets by body warmed up and ready, then after weights, i hit cardio hard low intensity up hill for 15-20 mins! havent seen such good fat loss, and nice LBM gains since i started my new routine very pleased

14. Quote Originally Posted by MMAMONSTER19 View Post
    i do 5 mins low intensity jogging on the treadmill gets by body warmed up and ready, then after weights, i hit cardio hard low intensity up hill for 15-20 mins! havent seen such good fat loss, and nice LBM gains since i started my new routine very pleased
    Thanks MMA

This was actually similar to what I was hoping to encorporate into my routine.

I am a bit under the weather and missed out on Friday workout. I may be leaving early today too as I am not fully recovered. Still running a bit of a feaver and am thoroughly exhausted.

15. OK, y'all. I think I am over the flu and am getting back on it today. While I don't condone getting the flu as a weight loss technique, I did drop a few pounds. Updating new weight to 283lbs.

16. I had another quick question. In reviewing many of the threads, I see a lot of folks that post their daily diets and supplements and was curious as to the benefit of fish oil... It sounds disgusting, but I wanted to see what it was and what it does for you.

17. well, lets assume you believe in evolution rather than creationism for a moment. if you look back just 5000 years (and back from there) our society was hunter gatherers. Looking at what they ate, there was quite the different mix of macronutrients. Among the differences were the levels of omega 3, 6 and 9 oils. Fish oils are one of the easier sources of Omega 3s, though not the only source. In your body they are responsible for many things, including softness of skin, hair, regulating insulin, etc

18. There are a lot of uses for fish oils, they can help joints and things like what EasyJL said. But there are some vitamins and minerals that need fats available inorder to be absorbed into your system (fat-soluble vitamins). It can help balance out your sat and unsat fats also.

19. Quote Originally Posted by littlejeni View Post
    There are a lot of uses for fish oils, they can help joints and things like what EasyJL said. But there are some vitamins and minerals that need fats available inorder to be absorbed into your system (fat-soluble vitamins). It can help balance out your sat and unsat fats also.
    Your avatar is hot. You make me wanna lose more weight.

20. I forgot to add that fish oils are mostly known for Cardiovascular health in general. Combined with diet and exercise it is known to raise HDL (good cholesterol) and lower LDL (bad) and Triglycerides. LDL and Trigs are what are known to cause stenosis of the arteries (plaque build-up), this is what attributes to myocardial infarctions (heart attacks) and embolisms (a vessel clot that moves to the brain). Etc, etc...

In a nutshell, it's good for you

21. and if taking either the caps or liquid fish oil is still too much for you somehow, then best bet is to change your diet up so you get a good 4-8oz of wild salmon a day. that will provide enough fish oil

22. I need to step it up. I have been stuck on 285 lbs for a couple weeks now. Kind of frustrating, but I need to take it to the next level.

23. just shuffle things a little. what time you do things, replace what you can in breads with rice or fruits, or vice versa.

24. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    just shuffle things a little. what time you do things, replace what you can in breads with rice or fruits, or vice versa.

My time is pretty much stuck where it is. I can only work out after work which would be between 5-8pm. On a funny note, I did see Ty from Extreme Homemakeover in the gym last night. I came in to work in order to wrap up some stuff and figured I'd would hit the weights before I went home and he was up there. They are filming in Montgomery the next couple weeks.

25. well, then do what you can to change diet, not necessarily less calories, just where the come from
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. First official "stack" needs assistance
    By tbarrows in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-08-2007, 05:05 PM
  2. Fat Asses at Supermarket
    By T-Bone in forum General Chat
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 03-02-2007, 06:20 PM
  3. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 10-08-2004, 07:33 PM
  4. Is there any hope for my fat ass (literally)?
    By No1worksHARDER in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-09-2004, 12:53 PM
  5. What's best for rapid fat loss? Need info fast
    By Tbird006 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-15-2004, 09:23 PM