Fat Ass needs assistance

Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by littlejeni View Post
    Spinning is an indoor cycling class. What part of Birmingham? If you are near me in Helena/Alabaster, PM me...I may be able to hook you up with a gym. It's not a Gold's so maybe the price would be more realistic.

    And I know you won't have any before/afters now...but make that a goal for a few months from now or every 3-4 months.

    To log your workout or diet, go to your the top of the AM page and find the button that says diet tracker. You can enter your foods in.
    I tried to figure out the log. I have been goofing on this all day.


  2. It sounds like youre on the right track and youll make great progress if you keep this up. Just keep pluggin away!
    •   
       


  3. I am still hung up on cycling class...I don't know what that is. Does someone just get up in your grill and make you pedal faster?
  4. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    sort of, they play music and give you a sort of story to follow, so you have uphill stretches, downhill, etc. so they set the pace for you to follow and keep motivation up
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  5. I guess that makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.
    •   
       

  6. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    they are a freaking brutal 1 hour torture session. includes cooldown and stretches too generally. we could have used spinning class in guantanamo bay to get answers
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  7. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    they are a freaking brutal 1 hour torture session. includes cooldown and stretches too generally. we could have used spinning class in guantanamo bay to get answers
    LOL....

  8. Imagine an aerobics class on bikes. But brutal like E said. The instructor is up front to pace the session and push you past what youd normally do on your own.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Maverick60 View Post
    Imagine an aerobics class on bikes. But brutal like E said. The instructor is up front to pace the session and push you past what youd normally do on your own.

    And people pay for this??? Too funny. I have never done aerobics but it sounds like hell.

  10. Yeah the ladies eat that stuff up, it seems it just kicks our asses. I think its some kind of strategic targeted revenge on guys by the cardio bunnies...

    Ive never done aerobics either, I just watched it on espn2 when I was growing up. lol.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Maverick60 View Post
    Yeah the ladies eat that stuff up, it seems it just kicks our asses. I think its some kind of strategic targeted revenge on guys by the cardio bunnies...

    Ive never done aerobics either, I just watched it on espn2 when I was growing up. lol.
    Beats watching fat, old guys playing poker, I suppose.

  12. Wasn't able to get to workout last night as the gym was packed and my agreement was to never displace a paying guest. I will hit it tonight.

    There is an interesting conversation going on with another thread regarding which is better for weight loss.. Cardio before or after weights. There seem to be a lot of opinions, but with the light weight training that am doing, is it really a concern for me at this time? Would one way benefit more than the other?
  13. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Ass 101 View Post
    Wasn't able to get to workout last night as the gym was packed and my agreement was to never displace a paying guest. I will hit it tonight.

    There is an interesting conversation going on with another thread regarding which is better for weight loss.. Cardio before or after weights. There seem to be a lot of opinions, but with the light weight training that am doing, is it really a concern for me at this time? Would one way benefit more than the other?
    I'm going to sound like a broken record, but the one that you will keep doing regularly is the most beneficial

    probably after is slightly better, but you are talking about relatively small differences - like i wouldn't expect the difference to add up to a pound of fat loss in 3 months. Unless you are a serious lifter lifting for strength.... in that case it has to be after, if you did cardio before you'd never reach the intensity for the 3 rep max sets
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  14. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    I'm going to sound like a broken record, but the one that you will keep doing regularly is the most beneficial

    probably after is slightly better, but you are talking about relatively small differences - like i wouldn't expect the difference to add up to a pound of fat loss in 3 months. Unless you are a serious lifter lifting for strength.... in that case it has to be after, if you did cardio before you'd never reach the intensity for the 3 rep max sets

    Thanks.

    I didn't think at my level it would be a big deal, but I have already learned so much from these threads, that I wanted to consult the experts.
  15. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    for me right now i'm doing cardio only on non workout days. I'm also on a carb free diet, and minimal calories as well. so if i tried to do cardio + workouts the same day, one or the other would suck royally
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  16. I have updated my weight on my progress chart to 286. That is roughly 12 lbs from where I started. I had mentioned before that there are two scales that I had been using, which are off by 10-15 lbs. I am going to use the one at home for the chart's sake, not just b/c it is lower, but I have more consistent access. That would have listed my starting weight at about 295-300 lbs. Both scales show a 12-15 lb loss since beginning this journey. Thank you for your continued support and here's to the next 15 coming off as quickly.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Fat Ass 101 View Post
    Wasn't able to get to workout last night as the gym was packed and my agreement was to never displace a paying guest. I will hit it tonight.

    There is an interesting conversation going on with another thread regarding which is better for weight loss.. Cardio before or after weights. There seem to be a lot of opinions, but with the light weight training that am doing, is it really a concern for me at this time? Would one way benefit more than the other?
    I agree that it should be what you are most comfortable with, but I've heard time and time again that it is a good habit to do cardio after. Think of your body like a furnace, you need to get it going before it really lets off any heat. Well, by you lifting before, which is anaerobic, you will slowly warm up and by the time you get to the higher calorie burning cardio your body is ready to burn.

    PS-you girls are so pitiful when it comes to your spinning class conversation...It's a good thing females give birth or we'd be going extinct.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by littlejeni View Post
    I agree that it should be what you are most comfortable with, but I've heard time and time again that it is a good habit to do cardio after. Think of your body like a furnace, you need to get it going before it really lets off any heat. Well, by you lifting before, which is anaerobic, you will slowly warm up and by the time you get to the higher calorie burning cardio your body is ready to burn.

    PS-you girls are so pitiful when it comes to your spinning class conversation...It's a good thing females give birth or we'd be going extinct.
    I feel like I get more done if I do it afterward. I like the way you explained it!

  19. Quote Originally Posted by littlejeni View Post
    I agree that it should be what you are most comfortable with, but I've heard time and time again that it is a good habit to do cardio after. Think of your body like a furnace, you need to get it going before it really lets off any heat. Well, by you lifting before, which is anaerobic, you will slowly warm up and by the time you get to the higher calorie burning cardio your body is ready to burn.

    PS-you girls are so pitiful when it comes to your spinning class conversation...It's a good thing females give birth or we'd be going extinct.

    Makes perfect sense.

  20. Whatever. I read somewhere that it has to do with females having a more advantageous natural hip angle that makes it harder for men to do spinning. Kinda like how men just arent made for child birth, not made for spinning classes either.

  21. Okay, Mav...maybe it's like I read somewhere that women understand things better because we have a slightly larger brain than men. Haha J/K

  22. Mav, I read somewhere that women are always right, regardless of the topic. I think my wife wrote it. At least she didn't get it tatooed on my arm.

    I was able to get up on the treadmill last night, but the hotel guests came in after me so I didn't get to use weights. I did kick it up a notch on the cardio though, and quite honestly, at the stage that I am at, the cardio may really be all I need. However, I do like the hour or two after using weights though. It's a weird euphoric feeling.

    Scale said 285 this morning. Enjoying this pound a day ride and hope it keeps up longer than I think it will.

    I am working on my plan for Super Bowl Sunday party and would strongly consider any opinions on how to stay on track. It's not something I can blow off as it is my wife's work folk. I really don't want to cheat, even for a day. Folks at my work are starting to notice the loss from the past couple weeks.

    Cheers,
  23. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Ass 101 View Post
    Mav, I read somewhere that women are always right, regardless of the topic. I think my wife wrote it. At least she didn't get it tatooed on my arm.
    no, its "As a married man, you can either be right, or be happy"

    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Ass 101 View Post
    I am working on my plan for Super Bowl Sunday party and would strongly consider any opinions on how to stay on track. It's not something I can blow off as it is my wife's work folk. I really don't want to cheat, even for a day. Folks at my work are starting to notice the loss from the past couple weeks.

    Cheers,
    easy, get a veggie tray or two, and abuse that. filling yourself with broccoli and celery makes it less tempting to hit the nachos and cheese
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  24. My husband and I have a tradition of making appetizers that are healthy and we pig out on Superbowl Sunday.

    Try boiled shrimp, humus dip, deer/turkey chili, fruit and veggie trays or pickle trays. Also, it's good to eat a meal before you go so that you won't try to fill up on crap.

    Either that or make Sunday your cheat day

  25. Yeah, it looks veggie tray is going to be the way to go. I don't know what they are going to have there. Maybe we can offer to bring something.

  26. FA, I just posted my chili recipe under the recipe forum. Check it out if you are looking for something easy to take with you.
  27. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Ass 101 View Post
    Yeah, it looks veggie tray is going to be the way to go. I don't know what they are going to have there. Maybe we can offer to bring something.
    You can still have some of the other stuff, just use the veggies to establish basic fill so you'll just have one pig in a blanket, or a couple chips instead of a whole plateful.
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  28. i do 5 mins low intensity jogging on the treadmill gets by body warmed up and ready, then after weights, i hit cardio hard low intensity up hill for 15-20 mins! havent seen such good fat loss, and nice LBM gains since i started my new routine very pleased

  29. Quote Originally Posted by MMAMONSTER19 View Post
    i do 5 mins low intensity jogging on the treadmill gets by body warmed up and ready, then after weights, i hit cardio hard low intensity up hill for 15-20 mins! havent seen such good fat loss, and nice LBM gains since i started my new routine very pleased
    Thanks MMA

    This was actually similar to what I was hoping to encorporate into my routine.

    I am a bit under the weather and missed out on Friday workout. I may be leaving early today too as I am not fully recovered. Still running a bit of a feaver and am thoroughly exhausted.

  30. OK, y'all. I think I am over the flu and am getting back on it today. While I don't condone getting the flu as a weight loss technique, I did drop a few pounds. Updating new weight to 283lbs.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Assistance please!!
    By Jfletcherp in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-05-2011, 09:22 AM
  2. need assistance in finding..
    By ebaydan777 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-05-2010, 09:59 AM
  3. PCT assistance
    By msucurt in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-10-2008, 01:55 PM
Log in
Log in