Fat Ass needs assistance - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 3

Fat Ass needs assistance

Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
  1. New Member
    Stats
    5'4"  135 lbs.

Okay, Mav...maybe it's like I read somewhere that women understand things better because we have a slightly larger brain than men. Haha J/K

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  310 lbs.

Mav, I read somewhere that women are always right, regardless of the topic. I think my wife wrote it. At least she didn't get it tatooed on my arm.

I was able to get up on the treadmill last night, but the hotel guests came in after me so I didn't get to use weights. I did kick it up a notch on the cardio though, and quite honestly, at the stage that I am at, the cardio may really be all I need. However, I do like the hour or two after using weights though. It's a weird euphoric feeling.

Scale said 285 this morning. Enjoying this pound a day ride and hope it keeps up longer than I think it will.

I am working on my plan for Super Bowl Sunday party and would strongly consider any opinions on how to stay on track. It's not something I can blow off as it is my wife's work folk. I really don't want to cheat, even for a day. Folks at my work are starting to notice the loss from the past couple weeks.

Cheers,
  3. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Ass 101 View Post
    Mav, I read somewhere that women are always right, regardless of the topic. I think my wife wrote it. At least she didn't get it tatooed on my arm.
    no, its "As a married man, you can either be right, or be happy"

I am working on my plan for Super Bowl Sunday party and would strongly consider any opinions on how to stay on track. It's not something I can blow off as it is my wife's work folk. I really don't want to cheat, even for a day. Folks at my work are starting to notice the loss from the past couple weeks.

Cheers,
    easy, get a veggie tray or two, and abuse that. filling yourself with broccoli and celery makes it less tempting to hit the nachos and cheese
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'4"  135 lbs.

My husband and I have a tradition of making appetizers that are healthy and we pig out on Superbowl Sunday.

Try boiled shrimp, humus dip, deer/turkey chili, fruit and veggie trays or pickle trays. Also, it's good to eat a meal before you go so that you won't try to fill up on crap.

Either that or make Sunday your cheat day
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  310 lbs.

Yeah, it looks veggie tray is going to be the way to go. I don't know what they are going to have there. Maybe we can offer to bring something.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'4"  135 lbs.

FA, I just posted my chili recipe under the recipe forum. Check it out if you are looking for something easy to take with you.
  7. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Yeah, it looks veggie tray is going to be the way to go. I don't know what they are going to have there. Maybe we can offer to bring something.
    You can still have some of the other stuff, just use the veggies to establish basic fill so you'll just have one pig in a blanket, or a couple chips instead of a whole plateful.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  178 lbs.

i do 5 mins low intensity jogging on the treadmill gets by body warmed up and ready, then after weights, i hit cardio hard low intensity up hill for 15-20 mins! havent seen such good fat loss, and nice LBM gains since i started my new routine very pleased
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  310 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MMAMONSTER19 View Post
    i do 5 mins low intensity jogging on the treadmill gets by body warmed up and ready, then after weights, i hit cardio hard low intensity up hill for 15-20 mins! havent seen such good fat loss, and nice LBM gains since i started my new routine very pleased
    Thanks MMA

This was actually similar to what I was hoping to encorporate into my routine.

I am a bit under the weather and missed out on Friday workout. I may be leaving early today too as I am not fully recovered. Still running a bit of a feaver and am thoroughly exhausted.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  310 lbs.

OK, y'all. I think I am over the flu and am getting back on it today. While I don't condone getting the flu as a weight loss technique, I did drop a few pounds. Updating new weight to 283lbs.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  310 lbs.

I had another quick question. In reviewing many of the threads, I see a lot of folks that post their daily diets and supplements and was curious as to the benefit of fish oil... It sounds disgusting, but I wanted to see what it was and what it does for you.
  12. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

well, lets assume you believe in evolution rather than creationism for a moment. if you look back just 5000 years (and back from there) our society was hunter gatherers. Looking at what they ate, there was quite the different mix of macronutrients. Among the differences were the levels of omega 3, 6 and 9 oils. Fish oils are one of the easier sources of Omega 3s, though not the only source. In your body they are responsible for many things, including softness of skin, hair, regulating insulin, etc
    This space for rent

13. New Member
    Stats
    5'4"  135 lbs.

There are a lot of uses for fish oils, they can help joints and things like what EasyJL said. But there are some vitamins and minerals that need fats available inorder to be absorbed into your system (fat-soluble vitamins). It can help balance out your sat and unsat fats also.
  14. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by littlejeni View Post
    There are a lot of uses for fish oils, they can help joints and things like what EasyJL said. But there are some vitamins and minerals that need fats available inorder to be absorbed into your system (fat-soluble vitamins). It can help balance out your sat and unsat fats also.
    Your avatar is hot. You make me wanna lose more weight.
  15. New Member
    Stats
    5'4"  135 lbs.

I forgot to add that fish oils are mostly known for Cardiovascular health in general. Combined with diet and exercise it is known to raise HDL (good cholesterol) and lower LDL (bad) and Triglycerides. LDL and Trigs are what are known to cause stenosis of the arteries (plaque build-up), this is what attributes to myocardial infarctions (heart attacks) and embolisms (a vessel clot that moves to the brain). Etc, etc...

In a nutshell, it's good for you
  16. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

and if taking either the caps or liquid fish oil is still too much for you somehow, then best bet is to change your diet up so you get a good 4-8oz of wild salmon a day. that will provide enough fish oil
    This space for rent

17. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  310 lbs.

I need to step it up. I have been stuck on 285 lbs for a couple weeks now. Kind of frustrating, but I need to take it to the next level.
  18. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

just shuffle things a little. what time you do things, replace what you can in breads with rice or fruits, or vice versa.
    This space for rent

19. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  310 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    just shuffle things a little. what time you do things, replace what you can in breads with rice or fruits, or vice versa.

My time is pretty much stuck where it is. I can only work out after work which would be between 5-8pm. On a funny note, I did see Ty from Extreme Homemakeover in the gym last night. I came in to work in order to wrap up some stuff and figured I'd would hit the weights before I went home and he was up there. They are filming in Montgomery the next couple weeks.
  20. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

well, then do what you can to change diet, not necessarily less calories, just where the come from
    This space for rent

21. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  310 lbs.

Funny. After venting frustration on Sunday, I have lost 5 lbs as of this morning's weigh in. Scale said 280, I said Woo Hoo.

Bought two new belts over the weekend as my current one is now too damn big.

Friggin Sweet
  22. New Member
    Stats
    5'4"  135 lbs.

good job! If I got frustrated everytime my weight went up I would be miserable, it always fluctuates a lb or two, so for you 5 pounds isn't too bad. I just take out my aggression on the weights, but I wear baggie clothes instead of a sports bra to the gym on these "heavier" days!
  23. New Member

My weight fluctuates by at least 4 lbs. I've chosen to ignore it!
  24. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  310 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by danielwfoster View Post
    My weight fluctuates by at least 4 lbs. I've chosen to ignore it!
    I know, but it was pissing me off that it was at 285lbs for a while and I had been busting it. It's been at 280 for a few days now. I guess I just need to live with the fact that it comes in spurts. I should probably go to a weekly weigh in, but I wake up and I just need to know.
  25. New Member
    Stats
    5'4"  135 lbs.

absolutely go with weekly weigh-ins not daily. You'll just see water retention and stupid weight differences going every day. I weigh every monday. I've read that your "true" weight is in the morning before breakfast, after you pee. It keeps it consistent to do it like this.
  26. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  244 lbs.

Monitor Your Caloric Intake

I would reccomend that you take a look at your daily caloric intake and mix of carb, protein and fat. You can log the meals you eat and obtain this information for free at Fitday.com. You will want to lower your total caloric intake to meet your weight goals. I would say that if you can shoot for 2000-2200 calories a day with a good mix of protein, complex carb and fat- you should be able to meet your goal. You mention that you snack on Cheerios. It would be in your best interest to find vegetables that you could swap the Cheerios for like a mix of green pepper slices and baby carrots- mix up the combos for variety. This will provide you with a much healthier snack. In my opinion, you should try to limit the amount of prepared carb products (like bread, crackers, cereal) to as little as possible. Nothing wrong with Oatmeal as it is a whole grain- throw some Cinnamon on top for insulin support. Cardio will help burn fat off fat and help you achieve weight loss- move up slowly on the weights but maintain progress. Walk that mountain trail on the weekend for some Higher Intensity Training- that will really help with your overall plan. Good Luck!
  27. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  310 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by littlejeni View Post
    absolutely go with weekly weigh-ins not daily. You'll just see water retention and stupid weight differences going every day. I weigh every monday. I've read that your "true" weight is in the morning before breakfast, after you pee. It keeps it consistent to do it like this.
    I weigh in after I wake up. Since I eat breakfast once I am already at work, it is the only consistent time I have.

I hit a rut this week as I was traveling with work, stuck in Cleveland and Atlanta. Sometimes you just have to have cocktails to get the sale. I paid the price on the scale this morning, up 3 lbs to 283.

Gonna hit it hard again as in two weeks, we will be heading to Orlando. Hopefully my willpower will be a little bit better down there.
  28. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  246 lbs.

Good luck yo. You should use fitday.com. I just started using it and so far today i like it.

Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.1; en-us; dream) AppleWebKit/525.10+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0.4 Mobile Safari/523.12.2
  29. New Member
    Stats
    5'4"  135 lbs.

I weigh in after I wake up. Since I eat breakfast once I am already at work, it is the only consistent time I have.

I hit a rut this week as I was traveling with work, stuck in Cleveland and Atlanta. Sometimes you just have to have cocktails to get the sale. I paid the price on the scale this morning, up 3 lbs to 283.

Gonna hit it hard again as in two weeks, we will be heading to Orlando. Hopefully my willpower will be a little bit better down there.
    I don't like excuses, FA. You're better than that!

I'm stuck at a Regional meeting in Orlando and all of my fellow sales reps think I'm pregnant because I just drink bottled water. I don't drink unless it's my cheat day, just empty calories. It is very hard to do because it's not the norm, people think you're strange that you don't partake in a beverage or two, but just think about making a life change.

Or, if you can't give up the drinks, then sacrifice something else.

Thanks for the updates on your progress, I enjoy keeping up with you! Good luck!
  30. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Order arnold palmers or other non alchoholic drinks
    This space for rent

31. New Member
    Stats
    5'4"  135 lbs.

Good Ol' Arnold Palmers. I would pay to see you order a Shirley Temple
  32. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Both of my daughters order them all the time maybe someday we'll get a round for the table, and i'll record it with my cellphone
    This space for rent

33. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  310 lbs.

I know, I know. I got caught up in the moment, but it was a big deal and I wanted my clients to be comfortable. Orlando is my wife's conference, so I will be on the golf course during the day and I don't drink alcohol when I play golf (although it would probably improve my game). They do have some great restaurants in Orlando, though. Just have to order smart.

Shirley Temples...lol nothing with an umbrella, thank you very much.
  34. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

pity, if you were on a keto diet, i'd suggest texas de brazil
    This space for rent

35. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  310 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    pity, if you were on a keto diet, i'd suggest texas de brazil
    I love those places. Ignore the bread and salad bar and flirt with the girl with the the filet. Always keep the flag raised and you are in good shape.
  36. New Member
    Stats
    5'4"  135 lbs.

I can't eat buffet (or any all-you-can-eat). I have willpower to avoid these places, but my powers leave me when I go inside the restaurant!
  37. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  310 lbs.

Just checking in. Haven't had much news. I seem to have plateaued at 280 lbs, but quite honestly, to still be at 280 after the Orlando trip, I would say sis an overall win.

I did hit Texas de Brazil on Saturday night. It was pretty amazing. We couldn't get seated until almost 10 pm and after eating all that meat, I just felt like going out side and flipping a truck over.

Anyway, back in Alabama and getting back on the train. I did work in two workout sessions in Florida and played a round of golf, but will post again when I have some updated info.
  38. New Member
    Stats
    5'4"  135 lbs.

From my experience as a personal trainer, you should be able to drop about 15-20 lbs on a cleaner diet alone. You are working out as well which is a bonus, so if you aren't seeing any results, you may want to sit down and reevaluate what you are eating. It may open your eyes to just jot everything down that you are eating. No one said it was easy...I'm all for tough, but honest love/support. You can do it, get your @ss in gear
  39. New Member

Littlejeni,

I love the VIZSLA. I had one as a teenager, and she was my best pal for 14 years. She loved to go running with me. Yours looks young still (no white face yet).

Sorry for the hijack FA
  40. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Easy way out would be getting some clenbuterol(research it), and doing cardio for an hour a day at least 4 times a week, you'll shed weight like crazy, you'll be losing 10 lbs a week with a decent diet.

Cause if u can't lose any weight at 280, then your just not trying, not trying to be a **** bro, but just say to yourself unless i do it right then just wasting my time.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Assistance please!!
    By Jfletcherp in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-05-2011, 08:22 AM
  2. need assistance in finding..
    By ebaydan777 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-05-2010, 08:59 AM
  3. Need CC Assistance
    By DanNapier in forum Custom Capsule