Fat Ass needs assistance

Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    Fat Ass 101's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  310 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    41
    Posts
    165
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Gelroos View Post
    Wow very small world I am actually dating a girl who work there now she waits tables at byrnes.....wow hehe
    Ask her if he still boycotting Budweiser???

  2. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,868
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Ass 101 View Post
    So Far, so good. I turned it up a notch on the weights last night and am feeling it in my shoulders a bit more. I think it was more due to the fact that a women's soccer team was in the hotel gym with me than anything else but, whatever works. I am so glad I found this web site. The support system in place in phenomenal.

    Due to a pretty large discrepancy between home scale and work scale, I will be getting a new home scale to at least be able to have some consistency in my numbers. My current home scale is quite old, and while encouraging, is saying significantly less than my work scale.
    ignore the scale, worry about the mirror....

    whats most important in diet or workouts is that you find something you can live with, and will keep doing as part of your life. a crash and burn down to 200 will only have you back at 300 in a while. So you need to change how you live. if you have to start with just clipping your portion sizes by 10%, and/or subbing in healthier foods.

    buy this book


    heres some examples from it







    and keeping what i said in mind, it has to be life changes. so make it slow at first. make the easy changes first, start seeing improvement in the mirror and you'll have more motivation to make the harder changes...


    I was 245 at 5 9.5, around 50% bodyfat at 39 (120lbs of lean mass). I was a desk jockey doing computer software. Today at 41 i'm at 204 and around 15% bf (around 175lbs of lean mass). but my life is totally different, and my eating habits are permanently changed.
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  3. Registered User
    Fat Ass 101's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  310 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    41
    Posts
    165
    Answers
    0


    I appreciate the graphics, although I am now craving Chinese food. And in forgetting about the scale, my belt that I got for Christmas needs a new hole (on the good side)
    •   
       

  4. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,868
    Answers
    0


    the important thing tho is what you get when you eat chinese. its amazing once you start to think that way how much more food and often better tasting and better for you food you can eat for the same calories. I buy a whole pineapple every week for $4, it yields about 4lbs of cubes. when i'm at home and want a snack i open the container in the fridge and eat some. minimal calories, minimal cost, fantastic taste


    and look for those sorts of thngs, things that you'll never say "aha i've reached my goal weight, finally i dont have to do this anymore"

    like i've come up with a perfect all complex carb relatively low GI pancake recipe that I like better than ihop or waffle house pancakces now
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  5. Registered User
    MMAMONSTER19's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  178 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    544
    Answers
    0


    some good advice and very interesting after that post by easyejl with the pics, never really thought about the fruit and the amount of calories i just eat it cuz its just good and healthy its just the sugars that arent the greatest but ive never liimited my self when eating fruit, and since i love chinese food thats also good to know what amount of cals are in my food since i eat it atleast twice a month good post though
  6. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,868
    Answers
    0


    i go thru 1-2 pineapples a week, around a dozen apples, maybe 20 clementines or tangerines, idk what else, some bananas here and there too
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  7. Registered User
    99sscamaroma's Avatar
    Stats
    6'8"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    49
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Ass 101 View Post
    Thanks 99. I will write down the exact names of the machines so I am not saying anything incorrectly. I will jot down all the machines so you know what I have to work with. I had stayed away from the legs b/c of the cardio I was doing, but if it will help, then I can certainly incorporate it into my routine.

    Does anyone know the difference in the work out benefit between walking and running? I am curious as to how much more I will get out of being able to run vs walk.

    Thanks
    Yea I mean if your doing a lot of cardio and your legs are pretty sore then by all means take it easy on the leg exercises because if you over-do it you may not be able to do cardio for a couple of days due to the soreness. There are a couple of theories on walking vs running. Both will burn calories, you will just need to walk longer to burn the same calories than if you were to run. The key though is interval training (ie sprints). Perfect example are long distance runners and sprinters. Who's body would you prefer to have? Id take a sprinters any day of the week (steroids do help though haha)! Its great to be able to run 5 miles+ every day, but when you run for that long your body needs fuel and once the available nutrients are gone your body goes for the next best fuel, which is muscle (catabolic effect). With interval training, you are not going at the same pace for an extended period of time. Instead by altering your speeds you are forcing your body to adapt to the changing pace. Plus, you are done in 25-30 mintues (depending on how high the intensity is) as opposed to spending over an hour doing cardio at the same pace. I have been doing interval training for the past 2 years and I am in better shape than I was when id go and run 4-5 miles a day. In addition, when I was running that much my joints would eventually start aching and it was really tough on my body. Just food for thought and keep up the good work!
  8. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,868
    Answers
    0


    find the activities you like doing and dont feel like a chore and do those. in the end so long as you get your eating right it doesnt matter what you do

    its a marathon not a sprint

  9. Registered User
    Fat Ass 101's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  310 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    41
    Posts
    165
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by 99sscamaroma View Post
    Yea I mean if your doing a lot of cardio and your legs are pretty sore then by all means take it easy on the leg exercises because if you over-do it you may not be able to do cardio for a couple of days due to the soreness. There are a couple of theories on walking vs running. Both will burn calories, you will just need to walk longer to burn the same calories than if you were to run. The key though is interval training (ie sprints). Perfect example are long distance runners and sprinters. Who's body would you prefer to have? Id take a sprinters any day of the week (steroids do help though haha)! Its great to be able to run 5 miles+ every day, but when you run for that long your body needs fuel and once the available nutrients are gone your body goes for the next best fuel, which is muscle (catabolic effect). With interval training, you are not going at the same pace for an extended period of time. Instead by altering your speeds you are forcing your body to adapt to the changing pace. Plus, you are done in 25-30 mintues (depending on how high the intensity is) as opposed to spending over an hour doing cardio at the same pace. I have been doing interval training for the past 2 years and I am in better shape than I was when id go and run 4-5 miles a day. In addition, when I was running that much my joints would eventually start aching and it was really tough on my body. Just food for thought and keep up the good work!
    Great info. Thanks.
  10. Registered User
    littlejeni's Avatar
    Stats
    5'4"  135 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Age
    31
    Posts
    156
    Answers
    0


    I am so excited for you that you've made this decision. I know it is such a committment.

    I am one that needs to be held accountable. If you are that type also, then maybe start a log on AM. This way you can log your progression and you'll also have a lot of people supporting your effort. That is only a suggestion, logging does get time consuming. But I would love to see before and after pictures...even if it is a year from now!

    Also, the weight loss thing is trial and error. I'm sure this isn't the first time you've tried to lose weight (although this time you sound like you're doing some research). Try to recall what you did in the past and what your limiting factor was (ie-diet, motivation, energy...) and see if you can identify that when it sneaks up again this time (because most likely it will). Play offensively when faced with obstacles.

    My buddy at the gym just went from 400 lbs to about 260 lbs in about 6-8 months. I know that he has been in the gym 6 days a week. He started going to spinning classes about 3 days a week. He said that at first he needed a reason to go to the gym and the classes helped him. After awhile he has become a fixture and people hound him if they haven't seen him in about 2 days...accountability really works.

    I don't know you, but I really want this for you, everyone deserves to be healthy! Good luck!
  11. Registered User
    Fat Ass 101's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  310 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    41
    Posts
    165
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by littlejeni View Post
    I am so excited for you that you've made this decision. I know it is such a committment.

    I am one that needs to be held accountable. If you are that type also, then maybe start a log on AM. This way you can log your progression and you'll also have a lot of people supporting your effort. That is only a suggestion, logging does get time consuming. But I would love to see before and after pictures...even if it is a year from now!

    Also, the weight loss thing is trial and error. I'm sure this isn't the first time you've tried to lose weight (although this time you sound like you're doing some research). Try to recall what you did in the past and what your limiting factor was (ie-diet, motivation, energy...) and see if you can identify that when it sneaks up again this time (because most likely it will). Play offensively when faced with obstacles.

    My buddy at the gym just went from 400 lbs to about 260 lbs in about 6-8 months. I know that he has been in the gym 6 days a week. He started going to spinning classes about 3 days a week. He said that at first he needed a reason to go to the gym and the classes helped him. After awhile he has become a fixture and people hound him if they haven't seen him in about 2 days...accountability really works.

    I don't know you, but I really want this for you, everyone deserves to be healthy! Good luck!

    Thanks LJ.

    I am not sure where to go to start the log. I have a before pic but I really wanted an after pic before I posted it. Right now, it would be more of a before and still pic.

    I had some success between June and August 2008 in dropping about 15 lbs, but it came back by Christmas. My limiting factor was time. I commute from Birmingham to Montgomery every day, working out in the gym at my hotel in Montgomery, then driving home. My commute is about 75 minutes each way. I just really grew sick of not being at home, so I guess it was motivation. Right now, my wife is taking classes towards her doctorate at night, so with her not being home at night either, it has taken that limiting factor out of the equation...for now anyway.

    The folks on here have been very supportive, and I appreciate being able to have you on board the list of folks checking in on me.

    One question...What is a spinning class?
  12. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,868
    Answers
    0


    its a specialized exercise bike class.

    I used to work (telecommuting) for a company in Troy. damn good bbq around there
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  13. Registered User
    Fat Ass 101's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  310 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    41
    Posts
    165
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    its a specialized exercise bike class.

    I used to work (telecommuting) for a company in Troy. damn good bbq around there

    Got it. I was really hoping Dreamland BBQ would somehow make it to the good side of the graphic you provided me. On that note, I spent about 20 minutes cutting up pineapple, watermelon, canteloupe, and mango and have about 10 lbs of fruit salad in my work fridge.
  14. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,868
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Ass 101 View Post
    Got it. I was really hoping Dreamland BBQ would somehow make it to the good side of the graphic you provided me. On that note, I spent about 20 minutes cutting up pineapple, watermelon, canteloupe, and mango and have about 10 lbs of fruit salad in my work fridge.
    smoked chicken without extra sauce isnt too bad, same with beef brisket. the sauce kills you and so does serving size.
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  15. Registered User
    Fat Ass 101's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  310 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    41
    Posts
    165
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    smoked chicken without extra sauce isnt too bad, same with beef brisket. the sauce kills you and so does serving size.

    I agree. I have cut down my portion sizes and am bringing leftovers to work for lunch.

    I am trying to take LJ's advice on the log. I posted what I ate today, but the exercise options seem limited. I don't see where treadmill would go as there is no mile counter, only pounds.

    My hotel had a military group in last night, so I was a bit embarrassed at the gym. Nothing I can't overcome, but there is a certain level of intimidation when I am wheezing from running 1/4 mile on the treadmill and am surrounded by guys sprinting for 5 miles and doing one armed pushups.
  16. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,868
    Answers
    0


    then just worry about time on the treadmill, track that. there really isn't any single right or wrong way to do any of this if there was then everyone would have abs so just keep working towards it and keep in mind these are changes for life, not something you'll do for 6 months then go back to how you were.
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  17. Registered User
    Maverick60's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    312
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Ass 101 View Post
    My hotel had a military group in last night, so I was a bit embarrassed at the gym. Nothing I can't overcome, but there is a certain level of intimidation when I am wheezing from running 1/4 mile on the treadmill and am surrounded by guys sprinting for 5 miles and doing one armed pushups.
    I wouldnt worry about being intimidated in front of them. If they were like my friends and I were back in the day, theyre just a bunch of goobers that are more worried about finding the next opportunity to slap their buddy in the nuts while hes holding weight over his head. I love my military brothers, but please dont feel intimidated around them.

    If you had your supervisors at your job giving you written evaluations every quarter and they affected your chances of promotion or demotion, Im sure youd be in better shape too.
  18. Registered User
    Fat Ass 101's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  310 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    41
    Posts
    165
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    then just worry about time on the treadmill, track that. there really isn't any single right or wrong way to do any of this if there was then everyone would have abs so just keep working towards it and keep in mind these are changes for life, not something you'll do for 6 months then go back to how you were.
    I've gone back and added yesterdays workout and todays diet. I should be able to keep pace with this. Again, I am trying to do what I think is right, but if you see something that looks bad, please let me know.
  19. Registered User
    Fat Ass 101's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  310 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    41
    Posts
    165
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick60 View Post
    I wouldnt worry about being intimidated in front of them. If they were like my friends and I were back in the day, theyre just a bunch of goobers that are more worried about finding the next opportunity to slap their buddy in the nuts while hes holding weight over his head. I love my military brothers, but please dont feel intimidated around them.

    If you had your supervisors at your job giving you written evaluations every quarter and they affected your chances of promotion or demotion, Im sure youd be in better shape too.

    Thanks Maverick. These were grown men and I am sure they were just doing their own thing, not paying me any mind. I am over it.
  20. Registered User
    littlejeni's Avatar
    Stats
    5'4"  135 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Age
    31
    Posts
    156
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Ass 101 View Post
    One question...What is a spinning class?
    Spinning is an indoor cycling class. What part of Birmingham? If you are near me in Helena/Alabaster, PM me...I may be able to hook you up with a gym. It's not a Gold's so maybe the price would be more realistic.

    And I know you won't have any before/afters now...but make that a goal for a few months from now or every 3-4 months.

    To log your workout or diet, go to your the top of the AM page and find the button that says diet tracker. You can enter your foods in.
  21. Registered User
    Fat Ass 101's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  310 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    41
    Posts
    165
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by littlejeni View Post
    Spinning is an indoor cycling class. What part of Birmingham? If you are near me in Helena/Alabaster, PM me...I may be able to hook you up with a gym. It's not a Gold's so maybe the price would be more realistic.

    And I know you won't have any before/afters now...but make that a goal for a few months from now or every 3-4 months.

    To log your workout or diet, go to your the top of the AM page and find the button that says diet tracker. You can enter your foods in.
    I tried to figure out the log. I have been goofing on this all day.
  22. Registered User
    Maverick60's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    312
    Answers
    0


    It sounds like youre on the right track and youll make great progress if you keep this up. Just keep pluggin away!
  23. Registered User
    Fat Ass 101's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  310 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    41
    Posts
    165
    Answers
    0


    I am still hung up on cycling class...I don't know what that is. Does someone just get up in your grill and make you pedal faster?
  24. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,868
    Answers
    0


    sort of, they play music and give you a sort of story to follow, so you have uphill stretches, downhill, etc. so they set the pace for you to follow and keep motivation up
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  25. Registered User
    Fat Ass 101's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  310 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    41
    Posts
    165
    Answers
    0


    I guess that makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.
  26. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,868
    Answers
    0


    they are a freaking brutal 1 hour torture session. includes cooldown and stretches too generally. we could have used spinning class in guantanamo bay to get answers
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  27. Registered User
    Fat Ass 101's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  310 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    41
    Posts
    165
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    they are a freaking brutal 1 hour torture session. includes cooldown and stretches too generally. we could have used spinning class in guantanamo bay to get answers
    LOL....
  28. Registered User
    Maverick60's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    312
    Answers
    0


    Imagine an aerobics class on bikes. But brutal like E said. The instructor is up front to pace the session and push you past what youd normally do on your own.
  29. Registered User
    Fat Ass 101's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  310 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    41
    Posts
    165
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick60 View Post
    Imagine an aerobics class on bikes. But brutal like E said. The instructor is up front to pace the session and push you past what youd normally do on your own.

    And people pay for this??? Too funny. I have never done aerobics but it sounds like hell.
  30. Registered User
    Maverick60's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    312
    Answers
    0


    Yeah the ladies eat that stuff up, it seems it just kicks our asses. I think its some kind of strategic targeted revenge on guys by the cardio bunnies...

    Ive never done aerobics either, I just watched it on espn2 when I was growing up. lol.
  31. Registered User
    Fat Ass 101's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  310 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    41
    Posts
    165
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick60 View Post
    Yeah the ladies eat that stuff up, it seems it just kicks our asses. I think its some kind of strategic targeted revenge on guys by the cardio bunnies...

    Ive never done aerobics either, I just watched it on espn2 when I was growing up. lol.
    Beats watching fat, old guys playing poker, I suppose.
  32. Registered User
    Fat Ass 101's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  310 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    41
    Posts
    165
    Answers
    0


    Wasn't able to get to workout last night as the gym was packed and my agreement was to never displace a paying guest. I will hit it tonight.

    There is an interesting conversation going on with another thread regarding which is better for weight loss.. Cardio before or after weights. There seem to be a lot of opinions, but with the light weight training that am doing, is it really a concern for me at this time? Would one way benefit more than the other?
  33. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,868
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Ass 101 View Post
    Wasn't able to get to workout last night as the gym was packed and my agreement was to never displace a paying guest. I will hit it tonight.

    There is an interesting conversation going on with another thread regarding which is better for weight loss.. Cardio before or after weights. There seem to be a lot of opinions, but with the light weight training that am doing, is it really a concern for me at this time? Would one way benefit more than the other?
    I'm going to sound like a broken record, but the one that you will keep doing regularly is the most beneficial

    probably after is slightly better, but you are talking about relatively small differences - like i wouldn't expect the difference to add up to a pound of fat loss in 3 months. Unless you are a serious lifter lifting for strength.... in that case it has to be after, if you did cardio before you'd never reach the intensity for the 3 rep max sets
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  34. Registered User
    Fat Ass 101's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  310 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    41
    Posts
    165
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    I'm going to sound like a broken record, but the one that you will keep doing regularly is the most beneficial

    probably after is slightly better, but you are talking about relatively small differences - like i wouldn't expect the difference to add up to a pound of fat loss in 3 months. Unless you are a serious lifter lifting for strength.... in that case it has to be after, if you did cardio before you'd never reach the intensity for the 3 rep max sets

    Thanks.

    I didn't think at my level it would be a big deal, but I have already learned so much from these threads, that I wanted to consult the experts.
  35. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,868
    Answers
    0


    for me right now i'm doing cardio only on non workout days. I'm also on a carb free diet, and minimal calories as well. so if i tried to do cardio + workouts the same day, one or the other would suck royally
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  36. Registered User
    Fat Ass 101's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  310 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    41
    Posts
    165
    Answers
    0


    I have updated my weight on my progress chart to 286. That is roughly 12 lbs from where I started. I had mentioned before that there are two scales that I had been using, which are off by 10-15 lbs. I am going to use the one at home for the chart's sake, not just b/c it is lower, but I have more consistent access. That would have listed my starting weight at about 295-300 lbs. Both scales show a 12-15 lb loss since beginning this journey. Thank you for your continued support and here's to the next 15 coming off as quickly.
  37. Registered User
    littlejeni's Avatar
    Stats
    5'4"  135 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Age
    31
    Posts
    156
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Ass 101 View Post
    Wasn't able to get to workout last night as the gym was packed and my agreement was to never displace a paying guest. I will hit it tonight.

    There is an interesting conversation going on with another thread regarding which is better for weight loss.. Cardio before or after weights. There seem to be a lot of opinions, but with the light weight training that am doing, is it really a concern for me at this time? Would one way benefit more than the other?
    I agree that it should be what you are most comfortable with, but I've heard time and time again that it is a good habit to do cardio after. Think of your body like a furnace, you need to get it going before it really lets off any heat. Well, by you lifting before, which is anaerobic, you will slowly warm up and by the time you get to the higher calorie burning cardio your body is ready to burn.

    PS-you girls are so pitiful when it comes to your spinning class conversation...It's a good thing females give birth or we'd be going extinct.
  38. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Aggravated's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,746
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by littlejeni View Post
    I agree that it should be what you are most comfortable with, but I've heard time and time again that it is a good habit to do cardio after. Think of your body like a furnace, you need to get it going before it really lets off any heat. Well, by you lifting before, which is anaerobic, you will slowly warm up and by the time you get to the higher calorie burning cardio your body is ready to burn.

    PS-you girls are so pitiful when it comes to your spinning class conversation...It's a good thing females give birth or we'd be going extinct.
    I feel like I get more done if I do it afterward. I like the way you explained it!
  39. Registered User
    Fat Ass 101's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  310 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    41
    Posts
    165
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by littlejeni View Post
    I agree that it should be what you are most comfortable with, but I've heard time and time again that it is a good habit to do cardio after. Think of your body like a furnace, you need to get it going before it really lets off any heat. Well, by you lifting before, which is anaerobic, you will slowly warm up and by the time you get to the higher calorie burning cardio your body is ready to burn.

    PS-you girls are so pitiful when it comes to your spinning class conversation...It's a good thing females give birth or we'd be going extinct.

    Makes perfect sense.
  40. Registered User
    Maverick60's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    312
    Answers
    0


    Whatever. I read somewhere that it has to do with females having a more advantageous natural hip angle that makes it harder for men to do spinning. Kinda like how men just arent made for child birth, not made for spinning classes either.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Assistance please!!
    By Jfletcherp in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-05-2011, 08:22 AM
  2. need assistance in finding..
    By ebaydan777 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-05-2010, 08:59 AM
  3. Need CC Assistance
    By DanNapier in forum Custom Capsule
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-12-2008, 01:36 PM
  4. PCT assistance
    By msucurt in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-10-2008, 12:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in