Help me lose 24 pounds- diet//workout// DCP/recreate

nightside1234

Awards
Hello everyone, im here seeking some advice, I need to lose about 22-24 pounds. Hopefully within 2 1/2 months.

Im ready to start my DCP/ recreate stack but am unsure of the doses that i should take and how to space them out.

Weight:195
Height:5'11
BF%: guessing around 17%

Diet : mainly whole grain food (oatmeal, good cereal)
Eggs
Ham
whole grain bread
Bagels
cream cheese
Rice
beans

I stick mainly away from any fatty foods and grease mainly, also space my meals so i eat about 5-6 times a day

Here is My workout plan for the new few months

Monday
Chest-
Evening: 30 minutes HITT running
4X 10 DB Incline
4X10 DB Incline Butterflies
Abs- W/ Weights
4X10 Bench w/ DB
4X10 DB Over-head
4X10 Butterflies
3X5 DB Bench – Max Weight

Tuesday
Morning: 30 minutes Cardio Bike - 30 Minutes Abs

Evening:
Shoulders/Back-
4X10 DB Military Press
4X10 Shrugs
4X10 Lat Pull Down
Abs w/out Weights
4X10 Rows
4X10 Dead lift
4X10 Upright Row
4X10 One Arm DB Raises- To the side

Wed.
Evening
Bicep/Tri-
4X 10 Curls w/ short bar
4X10 Triceps pull down with rope//Triangle
4X10 Forearm curl w/ DB
4X10 DB Curls/ low gripped
Abs w/ Weights
4X10 Lawnmowers
4X10 Forearm curl w/ DB
4X10 Triceps Uno-DB
DB curl Ladder start with 25’s

Thursday
Morning : 30 minutes cardio bike- 30 minutes Abs

Evening: 30 minutes HITT running
Legs-
4X10 Leg Curls
4X10 Leg extension
4 X10 Leg Press
Abs w/out Weights
4X20 yard Lung w/ weight
4X10 Step up w/ Weight

Friday- Day off

Saturday- Same thing starts over + i swim for 45 minutes on Sunday.

How does my workout look? could i reach my goal weight?

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
Wheres the chicken turkey fish , whers the vegetables-broccolli , cauliflower carrots cabbage etc wheres the sweet potatoes wheres the oily fish (omega 3 )
I would suggest that all the weights will add bulk unless you do the reps having only 30 sec /1 min rest between sets
Your not doing enough cardio which should come after weights

your diet is pretty boring if you are to eat what youve listed 5 /6 times a day

Friday you could go for a 45 min brisk walk

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
Wheres the chicken turkey fish , whers the vegetables-broccolli , cauliflower carrots cabbage etc wheres the sweet potatoes wheres the oily fish (omega 3 )
I would suggest that all the weights will add bulk unless you do the reps having only 30 sec /1 min rest between sets

your diet is pretty boring if you are to eat what youve listed 5 /6 times a day

Friday you could go for a 45 min brisk walk
Couldn't agree with you more bro!

-Cardio is a must do after weights. If you're main goal is to lose weight, which it looks like from your post, try to go with reps 16-20 with the 1min intervals mentioned by corsaking

Good luck bro, I just started taking recreate yesterday

nightside1234

Awards
I just forgot to mention those others foods, i get green veggies, green beans, broc. and i eat tuns of Chicken breast and turkey, smoked sausage sometimes too. I thought cardio after weights burns muscle at the same rate of fat? I might only have to lose 20 pounds because ive been lifting hard the past 3 months and i believe ive gained lots of muscle

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
I just forgot to mention those others foods, i get green veggies, green beans, broc. and i eat tuns of Chicken breast and turkey, smoked sausage sometimes too. I thought cardio after weights burns muscle at the same rate of fat? I might only have to lose 20 pounds because ive been lifting hard the past 3 months and i believe ive gained lots of muscle
so the muscle youve gained is hidden by fat?
You need to tap into your fat stores so that its used as energy
go easy on carbs especially in pre and intra work out drinks as these will become the main source of energy.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
What are you saying here?

2. How do you know 5 cardio sessions is not enough?

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
What are you saying here?

2. How do you know 5 cardio sessions is not enough?
Personally i dont see the point of putting on any more muscle if the aim is to loose body fat. The guy says hes put on muscle but i guess its hidden by body fat , otherwise why would he ask how to loose it. I suggest that that becomes his priority.
I dont know if 5 cardio sessions are enough , only he will be able to tell that.What has been suggested by myself and AMTorres is an alternative approach to doing his cardio.

The brisk walk on Friday was a suggestion , 45 mins out of your day is nothing especially if the guy is wanting to loose bf
and it may be the difference between loosing weight or not.

The guy clearly has a plan and I am sure we all wish him well but it doesnt matter if you come up with the best plan ever, if its not effective then its back to the drawing board.

Loosing weight is based on one simple formula :calories expended must be greater than calories consumed

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I disagree.. Not saying you are wrong, i just don't agree, with that approach.. But there is more then one way of doing things..

I would train like i always train.. Why would i change up my training, that helped me build all my muscle, just because my goal is fat loss? If i want to lose fat, i will alter my diet/cardio regimen to do so.

Secondly-
Now you say "I dont know if 5 cardio sessions are enough" but you JUST SAID "Your not doing enough cardio"..lol That isn't a suggestion, that is telling him point blank, you are not doing enough cardio...

My point is, WHO KNOWS.. He may be doing TOO much cardio.. We don't have enough information, to make the assumption that he isn't doing enough.

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established
alright man add this into your workout do like a 5 min jog before your workout makes your body alot hotter and already got the the heart rate jacked to burn cals and ur sweating already and then go into your HIIT with 30/1 min rest in between lower the better. make sure to get atleast 1 warm up set in before every exercise it makes a difference you will see. at the end of the workout do at least 30mins of cardio not like balls to the wall hard cardio low intensity jogging thats what i do and i am already losing weight my brotha, gotta know how to attack your bodys fat cells man do this you will see results man. i also think your doing to many exercises per muscle group man id shorten it down to like 4 or 5 i only do 4, and get reps in between 12-15 but your heavy compound lifts lets say bench for example do your regular 10 reps each set lets say so you still have your building mass exercise which will also make you more exhauseted and then makes the ret of the workout alot more fun lol and do the main heavy exercises first, followed my your other isolation or w.e they are. thats pretty much what i do and im happy with it but you can do what you want, make sure to eat your vegetables!! good luck man

TheAnimalG

TheAnimalG

Awards
If you are 17% bodyfat and 195 lbs. Then dropping 24 lbs of fat would put you at 5% bodyfat. That's insanely low for someone at 170 lbs.

Get your diet in order. It is 90% of losing weight. The training is just the last 10%.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
I disagree.. Not saying you are wrong, i just don't agree, with that approach.. But there is more then one way of doing things..

I would train like i always train.. Why would i change up my training, that helped me build all my muscle, just because my goal is fat loss? If i want to lose fat, i will alter my diet/cardio regimen to do so.

Secondly-
Now you say "I dont know if 5 cardio sessions are enough" but you JUST SAID "Your not doing enough cardio"..lol That isn't a suggestion, that is telling him point blank, you are not doing enough cardio...

My point is, WHO KNOWS.. He may be doing TOO much cardio.. We don't have enough information, to make the assumption that he isn't doing enough.

Judging by your tone of writing you seem to be ready for an argument and im not here to argue.

All i will say is in the 2 posts that you have made , you have found fault with my posts and not offered the guy any advice which he may want to take onboard.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Judging by your tone of writing you seem to be ready for an argument and im not here to argue.

All i will say is in the 2 posts that you have made , you have found fault with my posts and not offered the guy any advice which he may want to take onboard.
I am not trying to argue in the least.. But i am trying to make you understand the problem with A. Giving advice without all the facts. B. Making your advice sound like it is Gospel, or the only way. Just make it clear this is your opinion. With statements like "you are not doing enough cardio", that can confuse someone, or possibly even hinder their gains, as WE DONT KNOW(you said so later yourself). What if he is doing too much cardio already, and you tell him it is not enough?

As for me.

Like i said.. He hasn't provided enough info.. I don't like to hand out advice, that could possibly send someone in the wrong direction...

How can anyone make a solid recommendation with the information provided?

To the OP.. My advice to you is this.

Go here ::: Scivation Books :::

Read the CHA, or the Cut diet, and tailor fit a diet custom to your needs.. No one here is going to customize a diet/training plan for you, and i am not sure many of us are QUALIFIED to. It is a tedious job, and people get paid good money for that.. Go read one of those books, lay out your diet/cardio/training to match the criteria they have, and get to it.

They have done the leg work, and kept it free.. All you have to do is follow it. Once you have an actual plan worked out, if you have SPECIFIC questions, then make a new post.