Thoughts of a Keto-V diet?

Theipodpeople

Theipodpeople

Awards
I'm no doubt starting a full on V-diet w/ log in 2 weeks, but I'm wondering, has anyone considered going Keto on the V-diet? What are thoughts/concerns on this??

Also, would taking a non-stim such as dcp be effective here or overkill? I'm going for some serious chizzle.

warsteiner

Awards
  • Established
I've been on the V-diet for 5 days and on day 4 went into ketosis and have stayed their though day 5 as well. This was with 45g carbs on non-weight/cardio days and 97g carbs on weights days so you may not need to restrict yourself to less carbs than specified by the diet.

Theipodpeople

Theipodpeople

Awards
Hmm I see. Any thoughts of carbing up then on the weekends? I know that some people who do modified ckd diets still do carb ups on the weekend. This might be beneficial to keep metabolism up and muscle fed am I right?

Theipodpeople

Theipodpeople

Awards
Also, what's considered more important on the v-diet, pre or post workout carbs? I was planning on sipping some carbs and bcaas throughout and after.

Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Awards
  • Established
Yes a carb up weekly would be highly beneficial. That way, like you said, you can replenish the glycogen level in your muscles as well as increase your caloric intake to keep your metabolism from slowing down and getting used to what you are eating.

Theipodpeople

Theipodpeople

Awards
Yes a carb up weekly would be highly beneficial. That way, like you said, you can replenish the glycogen level in your muscles as well as increase your caloric intake to keep your metabolism from slowing down and getting used to what you are eating.
Alright sounds good, and if that's the case, should I eat the same 36 hour carb up period as ckd at 500 over my bmr? Or somewhat different?

Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Awards
  • Established
The exact amount will vary per person depending on weight, muscle mass, and training routine as you will need a diff amount of carbs/glycogen to replenish what you lost. But yes that would be a good guideline to start with and as you get experienced with it you can change the amount normally you would take in more carbs and cals the first day of refeed and somewhat less the next day and then back to low/no carb.