Time for me to do a cut...

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
I decided its time for me to see what is underneath some of this fat. I've been lifting now for about 4 years, the last 3 pretty seriously. I haven't been all that good on diet, but I've put on some good muscle and have gained a lot of strength.

Here's a pic of me before I started lifting. I think this is shortly after I quit drinking as I don't have that bloated look that I did while I was drinking.

Here's a few from tonight. Currently weigh 222lbs.

Unflexed

Back:

Front Flexed:

I carry a lot of fat in my chest, and obviously my "love handles" I want that **** gone! My arms and legs are really vascular.

Not sure how low I want to go, but 190 is sounding pretty good. I've got a good arsenal of supps to help me out, DCP, P-Slin, and Yellow Gold will be staples. Maintenance cals on workout days is 4k, and 2K on non workout days according to the formula posted by USP Labs in the Pslin discussion. I will be going 500 under on workout days (4 days a week currently) and not sure about non-workout days yet... probably 250 below maintenance. Will be adding cardio into my routine again, mainly treadmil, but lately I have taken a liking to the heavy bag and have a guy at the gym working with me on that.

I aint as big and buff as a lot of you... Had to overcome a phobia to post these pics, but I thought it would help me keep on track if I did. I plan on posting several times a week here, and pics once a week. Your support is greatly appreciated!

Also... I have a pair of calipers coming from Nutraplanet. Will be posting weekly bodyfat % as soon as I learn how to use them.

Last edited:
AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
Good luck with the cut are you going to keep muscle loss to a minimum on a diet such as a CKD or TKD, or are you just looking to lose fat period?

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
I think I'm just going to low carb... not enough to induce ketosis though. I think that and the supplements I have lined up should keep me burning fat and keeping muscle loss to a minimum.

Workout days I am going to start out by trying the shake that USPlabs suggests to use with P-Slin. Its about 200 carbs, but then thats pretty much it for the day. Non workout days I think I'm gonna try to stay around 50 grams of carbs. I have not sat down and worked out meal plans yet. I'll do that tomorrow night at work with my laptop and my copy of the fitday software.

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
What kind of cardio and how long will you be doing it for? HIIT is great for fat loss!

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
I don't know if I'm ready for HIIT lol. I've been doing 2 miles a day on the treadmill at the gym at a 3.7-4.0 pace. I'm also doing the stairs at work (5 floors) with a 40 pound weight vest on. Trying to do that twice per shift 5 nights a week.

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like you have a plan. Have you thought of putting your speed down to 2.8-3.2 and putting a 7-10% incline on the treadmill? Does wonders for burning fat and maintaining muscle

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Unfortunately, the incline function doesn't work on any of the treadmills at the gym.

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
That's too bad, I bet your stair climbing has the same effect though. I'm interested to see how your stack works for you, i have little to no experience with weight loss supps, can't wait to get my recreate out here, unfortuneately it takes mail forever to get to iraq :(

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
My stuff is supposed to arrive tomorrow night. I'm getting hyped :)

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Good luck!!! I start my cut tomorrow so we will be partners in starvation! LOL

Good muscle base going for you!

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yeah I think so.. I have a log going now that I might just continue. But I'll have a new one before its said and done. I have to be Arnold ready by March.

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
sorry im late red!subbed!

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Naw.. Your not late! I'm just starting. Thanks for joining!

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I just noticed your grandpa thing! Who is having a baby!!!

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
You have come a long way so far. Keep up the motivation and you will hit your goals.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
I just noticed your grandpa thing! Who is having a baby!!!

lol... My oldest daughter called me about 2 weeks ago and told me the news. She's 20 now. Its not quite under the kind of circumstances that I'd like to see, but I have come to learn that I'm not in control of very much in this life :) So sometime in early July I will be a grandpa. Kinda funny... I turned 45 two days before she told me, and was telling people that I feel younger now than I did twenty years ago... then she told me I was gonna be a grandpa and suddenly I felt kinda old! She got a kick outta that.

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
dont feel bad red!..my brother is 44,and he was made a grandpa twice!:thumbsup:..your only as old as you feel my friend!:thumbsup:

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Well I'm feeling pretty good then :)

I got my box from Nutraplanet today, so it will start for real tomorrow even though the scale says I'm down 4 pounds since starting this. I got some calipers so I'll post my body fat % too and try to keep that updated once a week or so.

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
Sounds good Red, good luck with the stack!

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Well things have gotten kinda screwed up for the rest of this week. Things got busy all of a sudden with my computer business, which is a good thing, then I found out I'm going to be going to a retreat friday afternoon till Sunday afternoon. I'll be needing my DCP there for sure cause they really put out the eats.

Been working on dialing in the diet, and the scale says I'm down 5 pounds. I'm sure thats mainly water weight though.

Going to try to get a back workout in today sometime. Some heavy deads really sound good!

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Can you bring some RTD protein shakes with you so you can maybe skip a few bad meals? Or bring any food with you. Sadly it only takes about a week of bad eating to set you back.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Yea I'm gonna take some ziplocks with 2 scoops protein powder and cup of oats so I can make protein shakes. I have a few of those Snickers protein bars laying around too, and I might take a trip to (ugh) GNC and pick up some more protein bars.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yea I'm gonna take some ziplocks with 2 scoops protein powder and cup of oats so I can make protein shakes. I have a few of those Snickers protein bars laying around too, and I might take a trip to (ugh) GNC and pick up some more protein bars.

Maybe take some of those three oz tuna packets and some disposable bowls and plastic forks! No need to refrigerate at least. And better nutritional value than the bars.

Some natty pb and double protein bread by brownberry. The bread is 16 grams for 2 slices and has a good deal of fiber.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
I'll have to look for that protein bread. Never heard of it before. Thanks!

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
lol... My oldest daughter called me about 2 weeks ago and told me the news. She's 20 now. Its not quite under the kind of circumstances that I'd like to see, but I have come to learn that I'm not in control of very much in this life :) So sometime in early July I will be a grandpa. Kinda funny... I turned 45 two days before she told me, and was telling people that I feel younger now than I did twenty years ago... then she told me I was gonna be a grandpa and suddenly I felt kinda old! She got a kick outta that.
I got a voice mail from my 20yo daughters boyfriend on Christmas Eve. He was wishing me a Merry Christmas but wanted me to call him back because he wanted to talk to me.

My heart started racing.

I give him a lot of credit for having the respect and mustering up the courage to ask the old man if he could marry his daughter.

Control? Please! I have my hands full with myself.

God willing our children and grandchildren can find their peace and piece in life. God bless you old man.

Cardio, cardio, cardio. Don't burn out doing to much too fast but do cardio as much as you can.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Thats pretty cool that he called. Not many guys do that kind of thing anymore. I think that this is going to be a blessing for everyone. This daughter takes after me, if you follow my meaning. This will hopefully slow her down, and maybe make her take a good long look at her life so she doesn't end up where her old man ended up. Only time will tell.

Anyway, Today I found a bit of time to hit the gym. It was a "snow day" so my boy went too. I managed to get a pretty good back workout in despite the limited time we had. Place was packed, both deadlift platforms were taken so I hit the power rack for some straight leg rack pulls. After warming up at 135 and 225, I hit 335 for 8x, 10x, 10x, and 6x. Then over to the nautilus compound row for 5 sets of 15 @350lbs then finished off my lower back doing weighted hypers. Didn't count reps or sets, just till my spinal erectors were so pumped I had a hard time walking lol.

Sipped on an AIR-Mass Monster shake before during and after the workout. Its quite a few carbs, but I'm hoping the Pslin does its thing, and that will be about all the carbs I consume today anyway.

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
Thats pretty cool that he called. Not many guys do that kind of thing anymore. I think that this is going to be a blessing for everyone. This daughter takes after me, if you follow my meaning. This will hopefully slow her down, and maybe make her take a good long look at her life so she doesn't end up where her old man ended up. Only time will tell.

Anyway, Today I found a bit of time to hit the gym. It was a "snow day" so my boy went too. I managed to get a pretty good back workout in despite the limited time we had. Place was packed, both deadlift platforms were taken so I hit the power rack for some straight leg rack pulls. After warming up at 135 and 225, I hit 335 for 8x, 10x, 10x, and 6x. Then over to the nautilus compound row for 5 sets of 15 @350lbs then finished off my lower back doing weighted hypers. Didn't count reps or sets, just till my spinal erectors were so pumped I had a hard time walking lol.

Sipped on an AIR-Mass Monster shake before during and after the workout. Its quite a few carbs, but I'm hoping the Pslin does its thing, and that will be about all the carbs I consume today anyway.
keep up the good work big red!:thumbsup:

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Well, I made it through my weekend away and managed to stick to my diet (for the most part..And DCP did its job!). The scale showed me at 211 this morning, and (I think) my belly is looking noticeably leaner. Wasn't able to track my calories over the weekend, but back to Fitday today. Its Chest day at the gym. Taking off in just a few.

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
Well, I made it through my weekend away and managed to stick to my diet (for the most part..And DCP did its job!). The scale showed me at 211 this morning, and (I think) my belly is looking noticeably leaner. Wasn't able to track my calories over the weekend, but back to Fitday today. Its Chest day at the gym. Taking off in just a few.
awesomw redwolf,keep it up buddy!:thumbsup:

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
I felt the DCP helped me as well. I will be stacking it with REDuction in late february to hopefully lean out a bit more. I am right there with you on needing to lose the gut while increasing muscle mass. But then again I am on AM.com and not weight watchers so my primary goal is to gain muscle mass and let the bf% be the secondary concern.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for all the support. It really is appreciated!

Had a pretty good day at the gym, although time was limited and getting that half-hour of cardio in was my main priority. Ended up being 25 minutes, but that was ok. My boy got me a heartrate monitor and it showed I was at 67% of my max based on my age, etc during the session so that should be in the range to burn fat.

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
Good job on getting down to 211, will continue to follow your progress!

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Scale said 209 this morning. Thats 2 more down the drain. I'll post measurements later today, both tape measure and caliper. I had to find a new way to do the caliper measurements. The directions that came with it have me at 6.5% and I know that is impossible. Its just having me measure in an area that I don't carry much fat. My fiancee found a few other sites that use multiple areas (with the same calipers) so I think that will give a much better overall picture. Right now if I had to guess, I'd say I'm at about 15-17%. We'll see how close my guess is.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well you are headed in the right direction. I think I would do a bod pod reading this time after my cut to get an accurate assesment. I've lost more muscle than I wanted coming off var and getting sick. So I'm disappointed there. But if I have to eat spaghetti squash and asparagus and cream of rice then I figure the bod pod will be a treat to myself.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
www.bodpod.com its $25 for a visit and you get in a swim suit and put a hair cap on. Then you get in a machine and it measures your bodyfat and tells how much is muscle and how much is fat etc.. It only takes like 30 min for the whole visit from changing to them going over your reading. It is as accurate as the water ones.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Interesting. Maybe one of the colleges or gym's around here have that

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Ah... WVU has one. Its just the next town north.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well what are you waiting for!! Get in your speedo and run over there!!!

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Its 10 degrees outside. Wouldn't be anything for the speedo to cover!!!

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Its 10 degrees outside. Wouldn't be anything for the speedo to cover!!!
LOL I feel you on that, it was 2 degrees out this morning when I drove the kids to school. My jeep heater and blower are broken so I was cold!

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Been working overtime at the security job, and the computer business has picked up again. Haven't had much time to log anything. The scale is still going the right direction though. Seems to me I'm loosing weight kinda fast, but strength is up in the gym, so not going to worry about that right yet. Scale said 205 this morning, that was just as I woke up so I'm sure I was a bit dehydrated, but thats a 15 pound drop since the 1st.

Will try to post new pics tomorrow, and will hopefully (finally) get caliper and tape measurements posted.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Make sure you are keeping up the protein so you don't drop too much muscle.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Yea I'm averaging about 225 grams of protein a day and I sip on BCAA's constantly through the day.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Ok. I had my fiancee help me take caliper readings. Now, something MUST be wrong. I got the Accu-Measure Fitness 3000 calipers from NP. According to the chart that came with that, I'm at 6.7% body fat. I do NOT believe that. I figgure I'm at least 15%. So, we found a few other sites on the net that can be used with the same calipers. I went to this site: http://www.linear-software.com/online.html and used the Jackson/Pollock 7 Caliper Method. It came up even leaner. Here are the readings we got:

Chest 5mm
Abdominal 3mm
Thigh 1.5mm (I have very lean legs)
Tricep 1mm
Subscapular 4mm
Suprailiac 1mm
Midaxillary 5mm
Put in my age as 45, and my body weight at 207. It says I'm at 3.99% bodyfat

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. I thought calipers were supposed to be pretty accurate, but I don't think so anymore.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplement Logs 12
Supplements 5
delsolrob Anabolics 7
Supplements 13
Supplements 1