Time for me to do a cut...

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by RedwolfWV View Post
    Yea I'm gonna take some ziplocks with 2 scoops protein powder and cup of oats so I can make protein shakes. I have a few of those Snickers protein bars laying around too, and I might take a trip to (ugh) GNC and pick up some more protein bars.

    Maybe take some of those three oz tuna packets and some disposable bowls and plastic forks! No need to refrigerate at least. And better nutritional value than the bars.

    Some natty pb and double protein bread by brownberry. The bread is 16 grams for 2 slices and has a good deal of fiber.


  2. I'll have to look for that protein bread. Never heard of it before. Thanks!
    •   
       

  3. Unbreakable
    David Dunn's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by RedwolfWV View Post
    lol... My oldest daughter called me about 2 weeks ago and told me the news. She's 20 now. Its not quite under the kind of circumstances that I'd like to see, but I have come to learn that I'm not in control of very much in this life So sometime in early July I will be a grandpa. Kinda funny... I turned 45 two days before she told me, and was telling people that I feel younger now than I did twenty years ago... then she told me I was gonna be a grandpa and suddenly I felt kinda old! She got a kick outta that.
    I got a voice mail from my 20yo daughters boyfriend on Christmas Eve. He was wishing me a Merry Christmas but wanted me to call him back because he wanted to talk to me.

    My heart started racing.

    I give him a lot of credit for having the respect and mustering up the courage to ask the old man if he could marry his daughter.

    Control? Please! I have my hands full with myself.

    God willing our children and grandchildren can find their peace and piece in life. God bless you old man.

    Cardio, cardio, cardio. Don't burn out doing to much too fast but do cardio as much as you can.

  4. Thats pretty cool that he called. Not many guys do that kind of thing anymore. I think that this is going to be a blessing for everyone. This daughter takes after me, if you follow my meaning. This will hopefully slow her down, and maybe make her take a good long look at her life so she doesn't end up where her old man ended up. Only time will tell.

    Anyway, Today I found a bit of time to hit the gym. It was a "snow day" so my boy went too. I managed to get a pretty good back workout in despite the limited time we had. Place was packed, both deadlift platforms were taken so I hit the power rack for some straight leg rack pulls. After warming up at 135 and 225, I hit 335 for 8x, 10x, 10x, and 6x. Then over to the nautilus compound row for 5 sets of 15 @350lbs then finished off my lower back doing weighted hypers. Didn't count reps or sets, just till my spinal erectors were so pumped I had a hard time walking lol.

    Sipped on an AIR-Mass Monster shake before during and after the workout. Its quite a few carbs, but I'm hoping the Pslin does its thing, and that will be about all the carbs I consume today anyway.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by RedwolfWV View Post
    Thats pretty cool that he called. Not many guys do that kind of thing anymore. I think that this is going to be a blessing for everyone. This daughter takes after me, if you follow my meaning. This will hopefully slow her down, and maybe make her take a good long look at her life so she doesn't end up where her old man ended up. Only time will tell.

    Anyway, Today I found a bit of time to hit the gym. It was a "snow day" so my boy went too. I managed to get a pretty good back workout in despite the limited time we had. Place was packed, both deadlift platforms were taken so I hit the power rack for some straight leg rack pulls. After warming up at 135 and 225, I hit 335 for 8x, 10x, 10x, and 6x. Then over to the nautilus compound row for 5 sets of 15 @350lbs then finished off my lower back doing weighted hypers. Didn't count reps or sets, just till my spinal erectors were so pumped I had a hard time walking lol.

    Sipped on an AIR-Mass Monster shake before during and after the workout. Its quite a few carbs, but I'm hoping the Pslin does its thing, and that will be about all the carbs I consume today anyway.
    keep up the good work big red!
    board supporter
    •   
       


  6. Well, I made it through my weekend away and managed to stick to my diet (for the most part..And DCP did its job!). The scale showed me at 211 this morning, and (I think) my belly is looking noticeably leaner. Wasn't able to track my calories over the weekend, but back to Fitday today. Its Chest day at the gym. Taking off in just a few.

  7. Awesome job on the diet!!

  8. Quote Originally Posted by RedwolfWV View Post
    Well, I made it through my weekend away and managed to stick to my diet (for the most part..And DCP did its job!). The scale showed me at 211 this morning, and (I think) my belly is looking noticeably leaner. Wasn't able to track my calories over the weekend, but back to Fitday today. Its Chest day at the gym. Taking off in just a few.
    awesomw redwolf,keep it up buddy!
    board supporter

  9. Quote Originally Posted by RedwolfWV View Post
    Well, I made it through my weekend away and managed to stick to my diet (for the most part..And DCP did its job!). The scale showed me at 211 this morning, and (I think) my belly is looking noticeably leaner. Wasn't able to track my calories over the weekend, but back to Fitday today. Its Chest day at the gym. Taking off in just a few.
    I felt the DCP helped me as well. I will be stacking it with REDuction in late february to hopefully lean out a bit more. I am right there with you on needing to lose the gut while increasing muscle mass. But then again I am on AM.com and not weight watchers so my primary goal is to gain muscle mass and let the bf% be the secondary concern.

  10. Thanks for all the support. It really is appreciated!

    Had a pretty good day at the gym, although time was limited and getting that half-hour of cardio in was my main priority. Ended up being 25 minutes, but that was ok. My boy got me a heartrate monitor and it showed I was at 67% of my max based on my age, etc during the session so that should be in the range to burn fat.

  11. Good job on getting down to 211, will continue to follow your progress!

  12. Scale said 209 this morning. Thats 2 more down the drain. I'll post measurements later today, both tape measure and caliper. I had to find a new way to do the caliper measurements. The directions that came with it have me at 6.5% and I know that is impossible. Its just having me measure in an area that I don't carry much fat. My fiancee found a few other sites that use multiple areas (with the same calipers) so I think that will give a much better overall picture. Right now if I had to guess, I'd say I'm at about 15-17%. We'll see how close my guess is.

  13. Well you are headed in the right direction. I think I would do a bod pod reading this time after my cut to get an accurate assesment. I've lost more muscle than I wanted coming off var and getting sick. So I'm disappointed there. But if I have to eat spaghetti squash and asparagus and cream of rice then I figure the bod pod will be a treat to myself.

  14. Bod Pod??

  15. www.bodpod.com its $25 for a visit and you get in a swim suit and put a hair cap on. Then you get in a machine and it measures your bodyfat and tells how much is muscle and how much is fat etc.. It only takes like 30 min for the whole visit from changing to them going over your reading. It is as accurate as the water ones.

  16. Interesting. Maybe one of the colleges or gym's around here have that

  17. Quote Originally Posted by RedwolfWV View Post
    Interesting. Maybe one of the colleges or gym's around here have that
    Check the link, it has a place that tells you where they are located in your city.

  18. Ah... WVU has one. Its just the next town north.

  19. Well what are you waiting for!! Get in your speedo and run over there!!!

  20. Its 10 degrees outside. Wouldn't be anything for the speedo to cover!!!

  21. Quote Originally Posted by RedwolfWV View Post
    Its 10 degrees outside. Wouldn't be anything for the speedo to cover!!!
    LOL I feel you on that, it was 2 degrees out this morning when I drove the kids to school. My jeep heater and blower are broken so I was cold!

  22. Been working overtime at the security job, and the computer business has picked up again. Haven't had much time to log anything. The scale is still going the right direction though. Seems to me I'm loosing weight kinda fast, but strength is up in the gym, so not going to worry about that right yet. Scale said 205 this morning, that was just as I woke up so I'm sure I was a bit dehydrated, but thats a 15 pound drop since the 1st.

    Will try to post new pics tomorrow, and will hopefully (finally) get caliper and tape measurements posted.

  23. Make sure you are keeping up the protein so you don't drop too much muscle.

  24. Yea I'm averaging about 225 grams of protein a day and I sip on BCAA's constantly through the day.

  25. Ok. I had my fiancee help me take caliper readings. Now, something MUST be wrong. I got the Accu-Measure Fitness 3000 calipers from NP. According to the chart that came with that, I'm at 6.7% body fat. I do NOT believe that. I figgure I'm at least 15%. So, we found a few other sites on the net that can be used with the same calipers. I went to this site: http://www.linear-software.com/online.html and used the Jackson/Pollock 7 Caliper Method. It came up even leaner. Here are the readings we got:

    Chest 5mm
    Abdominal 3mm
    Thigh 1.5mm (I have very lean legs)
    Tricep 1mm
    Subscapular 4mm
    Suprailiac 1mm
    Midaxillary 5mm
    Put in my age as 45, and my body weight at 207. It says I'm at 3.99% bodyfat

    If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. I thought calipers were supposed to be pretty accurate, but I don't think so anymore.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Been a long time. First time for me to cut!
    By rjs96gt in forum Bulking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-11-2015, 10:31 PM
  2. Football Goals for 2006! It's that time for me!!
    By LakeMountD in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-25-2005, 03:51 PM
  3. Possible for me to Bulk??
    By Grifter in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-28-2005, 03:10 AM
  4. How much time after pct to do another cycle?
    By fightercowboy in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-24-2004, 10:21 AM
  5. what is safe for me to be taking
    By ant1456 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-29-2003, 12:29 AM
Log in
Log in