Basics of the CKD or Anabolic Diet

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  217.0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.03%

Basics of the CKD or Anabolic Diet

So, I hit a plateau in my weight loss and I'm thinking about trying out the CKD/Anabolic diet.

Can anyone teach me the basics? Do I just eat fat and protein on weekdays and then some carbs on weekends? Is that all?

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.14%

That's way too basic right there. You need to check out the CKD/ANABOLIC Diet Mega Thread in weight-loss, or nutrition, I forgot which. You need to calculate exactly how much protein and fat your body needs, and supplementing vitamins, fiber, oils, protein, etc all takes specific timing on that diet I believe. Go check out the thread man.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  217.0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.03%

Quote Originally Posted by Theipodpeople View Post
    That's way too basic right there. You need to check out the CKD/ANABOLIC Diet Mega Thread in weight-loss, or nutrition, I forgot which. You need to calculate exactly how much protein and fat your body needs, and supplementing vitamins, fiber, oils, protein, etc all takes specific timing on that diet I believe. Go check out the thread man.
    I saw that thread, but it's 17 pages!!! Isn't there a 1-page manual somewhere on this?
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  217.0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.03%

I'm planning on eating the following:

Breakfast:

3 whole eggs and 1 can of tuna (scrambled) with 1 teaspoon of olive oil.

Brunch:

1 serving of whey protein powder with water (4g carbs) and a handful of walnuts.

Lunch:

1 serving of whey protein powder (4g carbs) with Soy Milk (1g carbs) and 1oz of cheddar cheese.

Linner:

1 serving of whey protein powder (4g carbs) with Soy Milk (1g carbs) and 1oz of cheddar cheese.

Dinner:

2 chicken breast patties with 2 slices of cheese and a handful of walnuts.

That's about 14g carbs per day Mon-Fri.

Is that a good enough diet? I'll supplement it with fiber powder, Multivitamins, CLA and DCP.
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.07%

Quote Originally Posted by SuppKnight View Post
    So, I hit a plateau in my weight loss and I'm thinking about trying out the CKD/Anabolic diet.

Can anyone teach me the basics? Do I just eat fat and protein on weekdays and then some carbs on weekends? Is that all?

Basics of the anabolic diet

First two weeks

Low carbohydrate intake 20-30 carbohydrates a day from high fiber sources such as vegetables, leafy green vegetables are most times high in fiber. Carbohydrates can also be taken in from nuts, however the amount should be monitored.

Carb partitioning during the low carb week should be divided up into this portions, starting from the source you should get most from to least.

1. Vegetables
    2. Nuts
    3. Seasonings for food

Avoid sugar and fructose while on the low carb portion.

As for the fat to protein intake, it depends. You are safe within 60-70 percent fat and 30-40 percent protein intake during the low carb period. During the initial two weeks you can opt to maintain weight or go straight into cutting.

After the first 12 low carb days you can have up to 48 hours to eat as many carbs as you'd like basically, you'll need to limit fat as low as possible and not over indulge on protein.

If you feel sluggish during workouts after the sixth day you can have a meal of 100-150 carbs directly after your workout. Dextrose or malodextrin sources, bread, pasta, something starchy.

These are the basics of the diet.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  217.0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.03%

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasRivera View Post
    Basics of the anabolic diet

First two weeks

Low carbohydrate intake 20-30 carbohydrates a day from high fiber sources such as vegetables, leafy green vegetables are most times high in fiber. Carbohydrates can also be taken in from nuts, however the amount should be monitored.

Carb partitioning during the low carb week should be divided up into this portions, starting from the source you should get most from to least.

1. Vegetables
    2. Nuts
    3. Seasonings for food

Avoid sugar and fructose while on the low carb portion.

As for the fat to protein intake, it depends. You are safe within 60-70 percent fat and 30-40 percent protein intake during the low carb period. During the initial two weeks you can opt to maintain weight or go straight into cutting.

After the first 12 low carb days you can have up to 48 hours to eat as many carbs as you'd like basically, you'll need to limit fat as low as possible and not over indulge on protein.

If you feel sluggish during workouts after the sixth day you can have a meal of 100-150 carbs directly after your workout. Dextrose or malodextrin sources, bread, pasta, something starchy.

These are the basics of the diet.

Nice, thank you very much.
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.26%

Thomas, you said the first 12 days to have low carb intake, well, the CKD diet that I read up on they said M-F low carb, and weekend for carb refeed, if i do low carb for the first 5 days instead of 12 what difference will that make? This is the first i've heard of it and i'm just trying to wrap my head around the method behind the madness. Thanks again Thomas!
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.14%

Quote Originally Posted by AMTorres View Post
    Thomas, you said the first 12 days to have low carb intake, well, the CKD diet that I read up on they said M-F low carb, and weekend for carb refeed, if i do low carb for the first 5 days instead of 12 what difference will that make? This is the first i've heard of it and i'm just trying to wrap my head around the method behind the madness. Thanks again Thomas!
    I believe the reason its 12 is to get your body into a deep state of ketosis. That way by the time you refeed youll be refeeding your muscles, not your fat cells, and then continue the 5 day refeeds.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.14%

Quote Originally Posted by SuppKnight View Post
    I saw that thread, but it's 17 pages!!! Isn't there a 1-page manual somewhere on this?
    And haha that's the first thing I thought when I saw it too. But I ended up learning a lot more than just the basics, and it really helps out in dieting.

I think you'll do fine just remember to eat fat to lose fat!
  10. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.07%

Initially it will take 2-3 days to enter a ketogenic state. Thats not alot of time in ketosis, two days. 5 days is ok, 12 is better.
  11. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.26%

Initially it will take 2-3 days to enter a ketogenic state. Thats not alot of time in ketosis, two days. 5 days is ok, 12 is better.
    So...I should start with 12 days low carb. During that 12 days, it would be fine to ingest 100g carbs say midcycle, on the 6th or 7th day, right?

And Gatorade has about 40g carbs, once i'm in a state of ketosis, would it be fine to drink a 20oz gatorade to help my body ingest proteins and refeed the muscles after every weight workout? Or would this be counter productive?
  12. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.07%

So...I should start with 12 days low carb. During that 12 days, it would be fine to ingest 100g carbs say midcycle, on the 6th or 7th day, right?

And Gatorade has about 40g carbs, once i'm in a state of ketosis, would it be fine to drink a 20oz gatorade to help my body ingest proteins and refeed the muscles after every weight workout? Or would this be counter productive?
    Midcycle, yes you can. A lot of the people who enter this diet aren't able to cope with the initial effects of ketosis and it drags into their workouts, a mid cycle carb load is fine.

It would be counterproductive. Refeeding is for the carb load.
  13. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.26%

Midcycle, yes you can. A lot of the people who enter this diet aren't able to cope with the initial effects of ketosis and it drags into their workouts, a mid cycle carb load is fine.

It would be counterproductive. Refeeding is for the carb load.
    midcycle only on more than 5 day cycles, or once i kick this CKD into gear can i have a midcycle carb up on a 5 day?
  14. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.07%

midcycle only on more than 5 day cycles, or once i kick this CKD into gear can i have a midcycle carb up on a 5 day?
    On more than five days. Once you get used to the diet you won't really need to do one.
  15. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.26%

K, thanks. You're probably tired of hearing all of my questions asked over and over with slight variations, lol. I just want to make sure I get this diet right, I have one chance and I don't want to ruin it. I have some more older pics and some new progress pics that i will be putting up within the next week
  16. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.07%

K, thanks. You're probably tired of hearing all of my questions asked over and over with slight variations, lol. I just want to make sure I get this diet right, I have one chance and I don't want to ruin it. I have some more older pics and some new progress pics that i will be putting up within the next week
    No problem, it's one of my favorite things to jabber on about.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Anabolic Pump on Anabolic Diet ?s
    By bj22 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-02-2008, 11:47 PM
  2. Anabolic diet/keto a good diet for me?
    By johnyq in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 01-29-2008, 11:31 AM
  3. Getting off anabolic diet - with anabolic pump's help
    By dertynasty in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-09-2007, 05:15 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-07-2004, 02:48 AM