hell week...

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
so I started the anabolic diet about 6 days ago. The book warns of the first week being the toughest and what not..

so yestarday halfway though my day I start to get sick to my stomach.. I can barely eat anything I had to litterly foce almonds into my mouth, kept feeling like I had to throw up. I come home from work with a slight headache and go straight to bed. There was talk about a smotach virus going around at work so I assumed I must of had that.

I slept though most of the night waking up once to eat a cup of soup and still felling sick to my stomach go back to sleep. The this morning I wake up felling crazy as **** I had dreams all night that I was in a war or some **** and when I get up from bed the dreams like continued to reality. I walked over to the shower feeling really light headed, dizzy, and like I was outside my own body. I get into the shower and just kinda stand there with the water on and my mind racing thining of the craziest ****.. I remember thinking to myself "I am going crazy wtf is wrong with me" I get out the shower stumble to the living room and lay on the couch. Then the pain comes.. I get this intense pain in my stomach followed by a really bad headache. I try to eat a saltine but makes my feel worse so I spit it back out. So I am laying on the couch now with my head, eyes, teeth, and stomach hurting.. i am light headed and dizzy and can barely walk or form a coherent thought, and continue with a sickness in my stomach that you wouldnt believe..

well after feeling like this for about 3 hours I get my wife to get me ginger ale and start to drink that then go back in the tub fill it with water and actually fall asleep in it halfway drowning I wake up and fell a milolion times better

so all this happened 5 days into my no carb diet, was this what the book was reffering to or did I actually end up sick or something?

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yikes, well it could be either to be honest. I get sick if I go without food to long. Or you could have picked up a virus. You can keep going and see if it goes away, then assume it was viral. Or pick a different diet.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
We know nothing, probably wanna check w/ a doc about the virus.

You're so close to a refeed, unless you're doing a 2 week depletion before your refeed, that I think you should hold out for the refeed and see what happens. Good luck.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i want to stick with the diet as it looks so good for me... being that today was the 5th day of the diet I decided to do the refeed today and hopefully it will be all uphill from now on..

now that I think about it I should have continued with the diet and seen how I was doing..

so no one experienced nothing similar to this the first time they tried a keto diet?

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
My first 2 weeks of it were awful when I first ran it. I was ready to kill anybody that happened to be within close proximity, but I didn't feel sick to my stomach.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
the whole week has been fine with the exception of some irrabilty here and there and sometimes feeling light headed and real tired all the time... but overall not too bad until this morning.. maybe I was actually sick...

I was kinda hoping that after makin this post I would get responses like "ahh I remember them feelings" or something along those lines

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
Im going on day 3 of my CKD and I have been getting stomach aches fequently, I never get stomach aches, except when i take my Estrogen blocker pills for my PCT.

And my irritability is getting worse. i heard you get better after the first few weeks, is this true?

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
As an after-thought, geranamine could also probably help out.

Kc2554

Awards
Judo, I have never had experiences like the ones you describe. I would venture to say to may be sick.

Judo and Torres, if you feel your blood sugar getting tooo low, have a little peanut butter. I dont think it will sabotage you, but I would like to hear someone who has more experience agree or disagree with me.

Also, I do remember one day (it was not during the 1st 2 weeks), I was feeling so light headed that I decided to have a saltine. It helped dramatically!

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, you do. Little trick I found out for myself: caffeine, PEA, hordenine

Just a little something to help primarily with mood support. Only had to take a few doses during my break in weeks but it helped.
I'm going to start taking Recreate, here is the ingredients.

Recreate Blend 750mg*
WillPower (Pure Caralluma Fimbriata), SCModular (Engineered Extract From Coffea Arabica L), ThyriodFast (Engineered Extract From Olea Europaea), Caffeine, Forslean, Cir20x (2-(4-(Beta-D-Gluco-Pyranosyloxy)phenyl)-5-Hydroxy-6, 7-Dimethoxy-4H-1-Benzopyran-4-One Engineered Extract From Microtea Debilis)

Don't really know what alot of this stuff is, but would like your opinion on this product. and will this do the same thing for me that the other product will?

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the advice KC, i will definitely keep the peanut butter in mind! Plus it has the Essential Fatty Acids

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the advice KC, i will definitely keep the peanut butter in mind! Plus it has the Essential Fatty Acids
If possible, make sure it's natural peanut butter. One serving (2tbsp) has a similar nutritional profile to 1/4 of nuts.

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
BUD/S?

While im asking questions...what does BUMP mean?
BUMP is what someone does when their topic get's knocked off the first page of the threads so people see it and will reply more

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
You probably caught or developed something and had a fever. Hope you're feeling better now.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yea fellin a lot better... on my second day of carbs.. gonna start back on the keto tomorow... see if by day 5 the same symptoms come back... hopefully I was just sick

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
yea fellin a lot better... on my second day of carbs.. gonna start back on the keto tomorow... see if by day 5 the same symptoms come back... hopefully I was just sick
Good luck Judo, I talked to a buddy of mine who has done the keto diet quite a few times and he said with it being winter and your symptoms it was most likely the flu or some sort of sickness going around. Also, I saw someone say it on the forums and my friend said it as well, that if you feel sick/not well from the depletion of carbs, eat a spoonful of natty peanut butter and that should help :)

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
BUD/S?

While im asking questions...what does BUMP mean?

BUD/S = Basic Underwater Demolitions School

It's the school US Navy Seals go through. The reason he thought this was going to be about that is because the 5 week is called Hell Week. They get 4 hrs of sleep over 5 days, and just do some hard crazy sh8t.

Kc2554

Awards
BUD/S = Basic Underwater Demolitions School

It's the school US Navy Seals go through. The reason he thought this was going to be about that is because the 5 week is called Hell Week. They get 4 hrs of sleep over 5 days, and just do some hard crazy sh8t.
Thanks CC.

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
CC, that sounds kind of like "The Crucible" that we had to go through in Marine Corps BootCamp

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
CC, that sounds kind of like "The Crucible" that we had to go through in Marine Corps BootCamp

Navy Corpsman (FMF) here and worked at MCRD West. Same concept as being the toughest right of passage, but the Crucible is your final step where you get your Eagle, Globe, and Anchor, but with the SEALs it's about a 1000 times harder (no offense) and they still have like 6 months or so after.

What MOS?

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
Navy Corpsman (FMF) here and worked at MCRD West. Same concept as being the toughest right of passage, but the Crucible is your final step where you get your Eagle, Globe, and Anchor, but with the SEALs it's about a 1000 times harder (no offense) and they still have like 6 months or so after.

What MOS?
That's cool. I'm a METOC Observer stuck in Iraq for the next 3-4 months, perfect time for my CKD. I went through MCRD West back in 2005

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
CC, how do you like JP8 for a pre-workout supp? How does it compare to NO-Xplode or NaNO-X9?

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dude, seriously? It destroys it!!!! It gives you the mental focus and physical push without getting jittery and doesn't leave me feeling dry mouthed or dehydrated. As well I have not needed to go over 1.5 scoops yet and usually stay with 1 scoop. And I do take a lot of stims and drink lots of strong coffee. The JP8 lemonade is a bit tough on flavor, but grows on you. The new grape which I ordered and should be here soon is supposed to be a big improvement on taste.

If you are considering it then my vote is yes! Hell my vote is yes for any getdiesel product now that I've ran a few. They are all quality. You won't find me saying that about many supps.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What camp you on?

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
Dude, seriously? It destroys it!!!! It gives you the mental focus and physical push without getting jittery and doesn't leave me feeling dry mouthed or dehydrated. As well I have not needed to go over 1.5 scoops yet and usually stay with 1 scoop. And I do take a lot of stims and drink lots of strong coffee. The JP8 lemonade is a bit tough on flavor, but grows on you. The new grape which I ordered and should be here soon is supposed to be a big improvement on taste.

If you are considering it then my vote is yes! Hell my vote is yes for any getdiesel product now that I've ran a few. They are all quality. You won't find me saying that about many supps.
I already ordered the lemonade JP8 from bb.com about 2 weeks ago, so it sould be here any day :thumbsup:

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well, the taste should be a perfect fit or a hard chargin devil in Iraq..lol

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
Well, the taste should be a perfect fit or a hard chargin devil in Iraq..lol
HAHA. I'm currently at COP Rawah, and I'm stations at MCAS Miramar in the states :) You are Pendleton or did you say you are at MCRD West?

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Was at Balboa and MCRD and flew casevac with 3rd MAW, but now I'm in D.C. 4th MED BN, 4th MLG.

I miss the sh8t out of SD

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
Ya, I can't wait to get back in April :) Did you surf there?