I have a few questions about the CKD...

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
I'm doing the typical M-F CKD and it only talks about calories from fat and protein...Does that mean that I am not allowed absolutely no carbs during the week?

And does anybody know of a good whey protein that I can take during the week that won't screw up my no carbs during the diet? Please keep in mind that I'm in Iraq so I have limited things that I can buy. Thank God BB.com ships overseas! :)

Also, once I get my nutrition under control, what do you think about me taking ReCreate while on a CKD?

Thank you for your help!!

IrishRugby34

IrishRugby34

Awards
You need to limit your carb intake to a really low number. I would say anything under 100 would suffice, but even less than that. I know I sit right around 25 to 30g of carbs per day M-Saturday afternoon and then I start to pile the carbs in around 6 or 7pm Saturday night and keep going until Sunday around 10pm. As for using recreate you can go ahead I know people have logged Shred Matrix while on CKD to boost results. Just make sure you plan out your diet and eat enough or you will lose some muscle mass.

Good luck.

Kc2554

Awards
If you are going to order from bb.com, I prefer the NOW Whey Isolate Mega Pack 10 lb ($0.022 per gram).

Not sure if NP ships overseas, but I just got ATW Cupcake Batter ($0.019 per gram), and I love it.

-store.bodybuildingdungeon.com/product/all-the-whey/whey-protein-isolate-5-lb.html?sel=1959-

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
You need to limit your carb intake to a really low number. I would say anything under 100 would suffice, but even less than that. I know I sit right around 25 to 30g of carbs per day M-Saturday afternoon and then I start to pile the carbs in around 6 or 7pm Saturday night and keep going until Sunday around 10pm. As for using recreate you can go ahead I know people have logged Shred Matrix while on CKD to boost results. Just make sure you plan out your diet and eat enough or you will lose some muscle mass.

Good luck.
Thank you for the information, I really appreciate it.

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
If you are going to order from bb.com, I prefer the NOW Whey Isolate Mega Pack 10 lb ($0.022 per gram).

Not sure if NP ships overseas, but I just got ATW Cupcake Batter ($0.019 per gram), and I love it.

-store.bodybuildingdungeon.com/product/all-the-whey/whey-protein-isolate-5-lb.html?sel=1959-
kc, thanks for telling me about the protein, i'm on bb.com ordering it with my recreat as we speak :)

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
I'm doing the typical M-F CKD and it only talks about calories from fat and protein...Does that mean that I am not allowed absolutely no carbs during the week?

And does anybody know of a good whey protein that I can take during the week that won't screw up my no carbs during the diet? Please keep in mind that I'm in Iraq so I have limited things that I can buy. Thank God BB.com ships overseas! :)

Also, once I get my nutrition under control, what do you think about me taking ReCreate while on a CKD?

Thank you for your help!!
20-30 carbs during the low carb portion of your diet, you don't count fiber in your carb count and you are encouraged to get your fair share of it.

Isopure has 0 carbs I believe. I don't see a problem with recreate, but i'lllook into it more to give you a more accurate answer.

Kc2554

Awards
kc, thanks for telling me about the protein, i'm on bb.com ordering it with my recreat as we speak :)
Anytime...not sure if this is within Forum rules, but one of these coupons will almost always work on BB.com (but the price still usually is not as good as NP). The website seems to cycle them , and every now and then, there will be days where none work. Their functionality always comes back though:
-ComeBack10PerOff
-ComeBack10Percent
-comp10peroff

Thanks for doing what you do for us bro!

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
20-30 carbs during the low carb portion of your diet, you don't count fiber in your carb count and you are encouraged to get your fair share of it.

Isopure has 0 carbs I believe. I don't see a problem with recreate, but i'lllook into it more to give you a more accurate answer.
I have a few more questions, I'm in Iraq right now and have limited means for everything...I have some low carb protein on the way, so I've run into a temporary road block. I'm getting 34g carbs from my protein, so i'm not able to get any carbs from anything. Also, I know carbs help digest protein so would it be best to get my 20-30g carbs a day in my protein shakes or what do you prefer I get my carbs from?

And in your opinions what is the best tasting low/no carb protein powder?

Also you said you don't count fiber in your carb count, does that mean I can have all the carbs i want through fiber? I'm kind of confused on that comment. And is that any fibers, or do you discriminate and only eat certain ones?

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for doing what you do for us bro!
NP Kc, I love doin what I do, wouldn't change it for anything! And I really appreciate the coupon codes for BB.com, i buy everything from there! :head:

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
I have a few more questions, I'm in Iraq right now and have limited means for everything...I have some low carb protein on the way, so I've run into a temporary road block. I'm getting 34g carbs from my protein, so i'm not able to get any carbs from anything. Also, I know carbs help digest protein so would it be best to get my 20-30g carbs a day in my protein shakes or what do you prefer I get my carbs from?

And in your opinions what is the best tasting low/no carb protein powder?

Also you said you don't count fiber in your carb count, does that mean I can have all the carbs i want through fiber? I'm kind of confused on that comment. And is that any fibers, or do you discriminate and only eat certain ones?
You can pretty much the whole diet on meat alone if you can get to it.

Out of those 34 carbs how many are sugar?

Preferentially you want to get the carbohydrates from vegetables and food seasonings. What i mean about the fiber thing is if you are to eat something that had 20 carbohydrates and 10 grams of fiber, you only count 10.

I use ON 100% whey, it has 2-4 carbs a serving, but I don't use it often. I like to stick to eating meat and nuts.

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
It has 4g sugar per 16g carbs. I have Cookies N' Creme Muscle Milk

How does fiber cancel out carbs, i'm a little new to this all. And, do most vegetables have little to no carbs?

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
I've seen all over these threads people saying to try to stay away from high fructose corn syrup while carbing up, how come I see people's carb-ups with liters and liters of soda on them? Is it them being uneducated on HFCS or does it not really matter?

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
If creatine monohydrate is transported through carbs, would it be a bad idea to take this on my CKD? Also my pre and post WO protein has 16g carbs per serving(5g fiber) should I take it with this?...As soon as I get my low carb protein in, i'm going to stop taking this one

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
I've seen all over these threads people saying to try to stay away from high fructose corn syrup while carbing up, how come I see people's carb-ups with liters and liters of soda on them? Is it them being uneducated on HFCS or does it not really matter?
HFCS has 55 grams of fructose per every 100 carbohydrates, the other half being glucose. It's not good to get, but a little won't destroy you. The most harm it does is stall you out of getting back into ketosis as quickly as you want to. Cardio can waste out fructose inside the liver however. It does matter. You are better with getting glucose sources than fructose. Excess fructose pours over into adipose tissue (Fat)

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
If creatine monohydrate is transported through carbs, would it be a bad idea to take this on my CKD? Also my pre and post WO protein has 16g carbs per serving(5g fiber) should I take it with this?...As soon as I get my low carb protein in, i'm going to stop taking this one
Creatine isn't transported through carbs, at least I've never heard or read of that. It's absorbtion can be enhanced with using carbs for an insulin spike. If you are going to get in that post workout shake then you should take the creatine with it.

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
Creatine isn't transported through carbs, at least I've never heard or read of that. It's absorbtion can be enhanced with using carbs for an insulin spike. If you are going to get in that post workout shake then you should take the creatine with it.
Thanks for the insight!

Kc2554

Awards
So I started using Fitday (fantastic website BTW), because I have never really been anal about tracking calories (I know...thats the most important!!) and I wanted to see how much I am consuming.

One thing I noticed was that Cashew Nuts have almost twice the carb count as say....Macadamia nuts.

Are Cashews bad for CKD or any of the Ketogenic diet derivatives?

Kc2554

Awards
To go with what I just said above...I found this chart below. All counts are given for 2 Tbsp of nuts, and are effective carb counts. The fiber values have been removed already.

Almonds - 1.4g
Cashews - 5g
Chestnuts - 24.2g
Coconut - 0.7g
Hazelnuts - 1.2g
Macadamia Nuts - 0.9g
Peanut Butter - 4.3g
Peanuts - 1.8g
Pecans - 0.6g
Pine Nuts - 1.7g
Pistachio Nuts - 3.1g
Pumpkin Seeds - 2.4g
Sunflower Seeds - 1.5g
Walnuts - 1.1g

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
No nuts are bad for this diet, because they all have EFAs, but you just have to be carb concious while consuming them, sounds like you have that part taken care of

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
Heres some information on nuts.

Coconuts contain MCT oils, medium chain triglycerides. These are treated like a carbohydrate in the body, they are used first and they digest quicker than other fats. They can be used as a pick me up when your energy is feeling low.

All of those nuts can be roasted and turned into peanut butter by throwing them in the food processor with oil, a neutral flavored oil works best. Any peanut/almond/cashew butter needs to be kept in the refrigerator or they will go south quickly.

Kc2554

Awards
Thomas and Torres,

Do yall track your calories pretty closely. or have a really good idea?

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
Yes, I've been using FitDay for 2 weeks now and I track EVERYTHING, lol

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
Thomas and Torres,

Do yall track your calories pretty closely. or have a really good idea?

I get in roughly 2000 calories a day. I've been doing this diet for a while so I eyeball alot of things.