How to lose weight and workouts to lose weight and burn alot of fat

BillyBobRob

Awards
Hey i'm new to amspace and still trying to figure it out. I am 5'10" and 300. I am a senior and haven't been lifting hard since sophomore year when i ended my football career. I am looking fo a good workout to start up and a diet to use to burn a bunch of calories and fat.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
eat 3,000 calories a day and get your ass on a treadmill or a stairmaster.

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
Treadmill: incline (~level 10-12), speed ~3.2mph, duration ~45min. Frequency: 5 days EW (each week). Combine that w/a CKD diet and weights ~ 3x EW, and you're good to go.

BillyBobRob

Awards
ok.. do you know of a workout that could give me optimal results??

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Doesn't matter. Losing weight is 98% diet.

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
Billy, being a senior how are your joints?

Because if you don't have any medical conditions regarding joints and bones, then do Hi intensity training, that is the best.

It improves stamina, develops capillaries, improves respiratory, increases metabolism and burns a lot more fat than low intensity.

On my non-workout days, I play 30 mins of intense basketball and then go for a 1km jog. That in itself taxes me, but i have lost a lot of fat doing so.

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
Boy, I think he meant Senior as in Senior from high school, not a senior citizen, haha

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
Treadmill: incline (~level 10-12), speed ~3.2mph, duration ~45min. Frequency: 5 days EW (each week). Combine that w/a CKD diet and weights ~ 3x EW, and you're good to go.
Can you explain how this is effective, I just started doing research on CKD diets and i'm excited to start one

Condition1

Condition1

Awards
  • Established
Can you explain how this is effective, I just started doing research on CKD diets and i'm excited to start one
Your body turns to fat as an energy source with the depletion of carbs in your diet. It's rewarding as long as you can stick with it.

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
Boy, I think he meant Senior as in Senior from high school, not a senior citizen, haha
ha ha.. reading the post again, i just realized.
a senior from being a sophomore...

Sergiu

Awards
1)Lifting weights. You can basically do full body workouts in the first 2-3 weeks until you get back in the groove and make a good workout plan.
2)Cardio. Do sprints. They're slightly more entertaining than the jogging and they're more effective too. I used to do 20 minutes a day.
3)Diet. First of all, drink tons of water(water, not soda, not juice - which is almost as crappy as juice due to the tons of sugars in it and lack of natural vitamins due to the amount of time it spent in the box). About food, eat as much as you can, but have the meals throughout the day. The foods you should eat should be high protein, low carbs foods. If you can't do without bread, find that bread that is high on fiber(it will improve your digestive system) and low on carbs. I can go on with other changes, but these are basic and you need to get these down before other things, I think.

This is what I did to get from 202lbs to 165lbs(and considering I have slightly more muscle than I had back then, I can say I lost around 50 lbs of fat - being pure fat and bone sucks lol). Now it's bulking time!!! :p

EDIT:BTW, the diet part is the most important.

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
HIIT plus CKD = monster fat burning

HIIT burns a good handful of calories during the actual routine. Causes a boost in metabolism and elevates fat burning for hours after it is completed. It increases the efficiency of glycogen uptake, increases the actual energy sinks in the body. Positively effects nutrition partitioning by making fat preferential to glycogen use.

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
1)Lifting weights. You can basically do full body workouts in the first 2-3 weeks until you get back in the groove and make a good workout plan.
2)Cardio. Do sprints. They're slightly more entertaining than the jogging and they're more effective too. I used to do 20 minutes a day.
3)Diet. First of all, drink tons of water(water, not soda, not juice - which is almost as crappy as juice due to the tons of sugars in it and lack of natural vitamins due to the amount of time it spent in the box). About food, eat as much as you can, but have the meals throughout the day. The foods you should eat should be high protein, low carbs foods. If you can't do without bread, find that bread that is high on fiber(it will improve your digestive system) and low on carbs. I can go on with other changes, but these are basic and you need to get these down before other things, I think.

This is what I did to get from 202lbs to 165lbs(and considering I have slightly more muscle than I had back then, I can say I lost around 50 lbs of fat - being pure fat and bone sucks lol). Now it's bulking time!!! :p

EDIT:BTW, the diet part is the most important.
:nono:

You can't just eat as much as you can on this diet and expect to lose weight. If he eats as much as he can he'll gain weight.

Sergiu

Awards
ThomasRivera, I doubt that if he eats healthy foods he will be able to eat that much. A whole roasted chicken breast has less than one third of the calories of a menu at McDonalds. Of course, I didn't mean that he should eat until he throws up or he can't even get up from the table. I meant it as in eat until he is full 6 times a day(and with the right foods, you get full with 300-400calories). In order for him to maintain this weight he'd have to eat 3000 calories a day if he works out. That means he should eat 8 whole skinless chicken breasts to maintain.

And he didn't get to 300lbs by eating roasted chicken breast, I bet 100$ on it.

IrishRugby34

IrishRugby34

Awards
Doesn't matter. Losing weight is 98% diet.
This is the most important part. Get your diet right and you will see the weight loss. If you continue to eat like **** you can workout until the cows come home and you wont see any results.

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
ThomasRivera, I doubt that if he eats healthy foods he will be able to eat that much. A whole roasted chicken breast has less than one third of the calories of a menu at McDonalds. Of course, I didn't mean that he should eat until he throws up or he can't even get up from the table. I meant it as in eat until he is full 6 times a day(and with the right foods, you get full with 300-400calories). In order for him to maintain this weight he'd have to eat 3000 calories a day if he works out. That means he should eat 8 whole skinless chicken breasts to maintain.

And he didn't get to 300lbs by eating roasted chicken breast, I bet 100$ on it.
exactly. A mcDonalds burger has a lot more calories than a chicken breast with 1/2 cup brown rice and 3 types of veggies.

i try to eat 6 meals a day of ALL proper clean foods and total to 2400 calories. I do very much feel like i'm overeating. Not to mention the ignorant fools at work that call me glutton