Time to cut... need opinions on diet

kldd22

Awards
Well after four months of bulking i started cutting yesterday. Currently I'm 5'9", 184lbs, bodyfat- too much (never figured it out). I was wondering if you guys could critique my diet and give me some advice on it.

Here is what my diet has looked like for the past two days:

1 serving of oatmeal
Protein Shake with skim milk
5 strips of turkey bacon

Can of tuna on whole wheat bread

Turkey on whole wheat
Handful of almonds

Prolab Meal supplement

Gym

Protein shake
Apple
Gatorade

2 chicken breast
salad

Casein

Bed

Its comes out to about:
2120 calories
252g Protein
162g Carbs
70g Fat

thanks for all the help

orx

orx

Awards
Dude, ur gonna have hard time getting ripped with that diet and i wonder what type of training ur doing?!?!
Look into low-carb, high(er) fat diets, and say no to cardio!

SNRGNutrition

SNRGNutrition

Awards
Dude, ur gonna have hard time getting ripped with that diet and i wonder what type of training ur doing?!?!
Look into low-carb, high(er) fat diets, and say no to cardio!
Sometimes low carb diets are not the best way to go, it just depends how well your body responds. In my opinion, your diet looks good. I would drop the protein just a tad bit, maybe to 200-220g to reduce total calorie intake. Carbs are good, and fat is good, considering it is all healthy fats.

kldd22

Awards
I lift M,T,Th,F

And I had planned on doing cardio atleast 3 times a week

SNRGNutrition

SNRGNutrition

Awards
Bump up the cardio to 5 x per week, steady pace.

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
Try doing some cardio 30-45 min every morning on an empty stomach at a medium pace.
Your body will be in a fasted state and use fat for energy since it has no food in you to use.

Condition1

Condition1

Awards
  • Established
If you stick to this diet, drop the milk and gatorade. The only thing you should be drinking is water, because milk and gatorade are both high in sugar. Sugar = the bad stuff for dieting.