v-diet question

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
What are thoughts about going keto on this diet, if doing weekly carbups or e2w refeeds.

I switched from a CKD to the v-diet, and tbh, now that I have more carbs in the diet, I get more cravings and that is a no-go for me.

Thinking of either switching back to a CKD, or just going keto again with an e2w refeed/carbup/minibinge. :pizza: I've had no strength loss with the latter method even after depleting glycogen.

Shai An

Shai An

Awards
I went keto on the 2nd day of the V-Diet... Are you saying you want to do the V-Diet, but do a weekly refeed? If so, that's not the vdiet...

Not trying to call you out at all, esp since I'm new here; but don't you want to conquer the cravings? If I wussed out of the diet because I couldn't stare down a donut, I would be humiliated. I look at it like this: I'm gonna spend 2 weeks doing something that the majority of people could never do. That makes me better, and stronger than them (mentally). I despise the thought of being controlled by any outside force. I even like to think that I could play "just the tip" and then walk away... :chick: :run:

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
No not weekly refeeds, every 2 weeks. It speeds up fatloss. But no solid meels within these 2 weeks...

You're right, it's a modified v-diet which I am suggesting because the actual v-diet is not a keto-based diet. I prefer a keto diet. I have no cravings on keto, and it's better for a recomp I think (more fatloss during fasted cardio). If you're personally going keto on it, you're not following the v-diet to the T, because the diet is meant to retain glycogen.

I wasn't having a problem with cravings until I re-introduced ~100grams of daily carbs again...sucks...when I kept it below 40grams, everything was fiiine. :) But sub-40grams = ketosis, which is not what the v-diet is based off of. Just curious if anyone's done this successfully here. I've never been a big fan of the carbs in general while dieting, I'm a low carb kinda guy...I just feel better this way overall actually ever since I discovered the CKD.

edit: I shouldn't have said V-diet question... I should call it '30day liquid keto diet with 1 refeed'

Shai An

Shai An

Awards
No not weekly refeeds, every 2 weeks. It speeds up fatloss. But no solid meels within these 2 weeks...
Ah... that makes more sense. So many cycles would you do?

You're right, it's a modified v-diet which I am suggesting because the actual v-diet is not a keto-based diet. I prefer a keto diet. I have no cravings on keto, and it's better for a recomp I think (more fatloss during fasted cardio). If you're personally going keto on it, you're not following the v-diet to the T, because the diet is meant to retain glycogen.
Yea I thought it was strange that the website didn't mention keto if that wasn't part of the strategy. What would cause that? Maybe I'm not getting enough carbs post workout?

I wasn't having a problem with cravings until I re-introduced ~100grams of daily carbs again...sucks...when I kept it below 40grams, everything was fiiine. :)
Ha, I get that... I'm all-or-nothing, the idea of "moderation" is pretty foreign to me. It drives my wife crazy.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I have to either learn to do without the carbs and do occassional carb ups I think, and go back on a CKD, or do this modified vdiet. The v-diet w/moderate carbs is not for me lol. After 1 week of being in keto, I usually feel great and have no cravings for anything.

I only wanted to do a 2 week vdiet, refeed and then go back on a CKD. I was on a 4 week keto diet, everything was successful...been recomping nicely. I was having 2 solid meals per day and the rest shakes, 20grams of carbs roughly in total. I did a refeed and now I'm on the vdiet, but....I'm just craving carbs too much now.

Yeah you're probably using up all your glycogen somehow. The body goes into ketosis once the liver is depleted of glycogen. Offhand though, I don't know what gets depleted first, the liver or muscle tissue...might be important.

bigschmidt821

bigschmidt821

Oldtimer
Awards
  • Established
i am a little lost i think the v-diet is where you do only proten shakes, right?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah. Casein blend shakes all day, with carbs around your workout. 100g C pd. Too many carbs for me though...too much of a tease and too low not to just simply commit to going keto.

Vdiet has mini re-feeds on weekends too (1 solid 'meal' of oatmeal + berries). But imo, doing without these refeeds, and doing a larger refeed after 2 weeks would work better for leptin + thyroid levels. Lilke a full 24 hr carbup fest after two weeks.

LuckyKid57

LuckyKid57

Awards
Gutterpump, on the V-Diet you have "One Sensible Solid Meal" a week. Generally, it consists of oatmeal and some raisins and a protein source. If you chose to do a refeed, that should actually play out alright... but the point has to be made that you should keep the refeed as clean as possible, and we are talking like a half hour refeed, lol. I would maybe go with something along the lines of...

2 cups uncooked oatmeal (yeah, I know, 114 grams carbs)
Cinnamon
Sugar equating 50 grams
Egg whites

The only problem I see with this is the MASSIVE bulk of oatmeal being hard to actually down. Another idea would to mix up a big bowl of All-Bran and Frosted Flakes, both being pretty carb dense.

On the V-Diet, it would be BEST to keep it sensible. But I see your reasoning behind implementing a CKD type style. This may be beneficial for someone who does not have a lot of EXCESS fat to lose. Who knows, experiment and log her down for us!

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I think may go back to a CKD and then try the vdiet after Christmas right before I transition into a longer bulk. My main goals are to recomp right now, but I was thinking of doing a strict cut just for 2 weeks.

My last refeed on the CKD was pretty big and I didn't gain any fat. But I am also taking a lot of CLA, and some test + dermatherm. I also took a small dose of clen during the refeed, just a bit.

A 2 week log may not be too good, especially because there are so many other factors right now.

I may do a log after Christmas though. If I started one a few weeks back, it would have been pretty good. I've seen some big changes in this time recomping on my first proper CKD.

GXbcmFTO

Awards
I'm acutally getting ready to run a Vdiet starting 01 Jan. I got back from Iraq in early Nov, and took the past 3 weeks off from my ckd(ish) diet and from the gym as well. Started back in the gym a few days ago and now its time to get back to it and obtain my goals. I'm sure I lost some muscle in the time off I took, but I didn't gain any weight like I thought I would.

I will be running the vdiet with ATW Lean & Fit, and a pure casien shake before bed. The daily carbs are going to come in at 52g (34g are fiber so they don't really count!)...so I see this diet being keto as well.

~GX

LuckyKid57

LuckyKid57

Awards
Make sure you still get in your post workout dextrose. You should not really hit keto too hard because you will be taking in sugars after your workouts, however, it is most certainly low carb.

bigschmidt821

bigschmidt821

Oldtimer
Awards
  • Established
what supplements do people run while running the v-diet? typical types of results? now that refeed meal, is it on a non workout day? and what type of post workout meal are we talking?
i am full of questions but i am quite intrigued by this

Godlike

Awards
That's it! My wife and I are in. She does figure competitions and I want to look like my sn again. Try betting someone that you won't give in. I HATE to lose bets and that gets me through most challenges. I know I know challenge urself but that doesn't work for most. just my 2cents

MightyMouse20

Awards
I am on my second day of the V-Diet, started at 185 and I am now at 178, my goal starting this diet was 170-175, but I feel good after 2 days so I am thinking about going to 160-170....Today, at work someone brought in a pizza for everyone and I had to sit in my cubicle sipping on my drink while smelling a banana pepper pizza :( Too be honest though, I prepared myself well before hand every week cutting back the amount I eat so I am not really hungry at all. I am going to try to run it for another week or 2....kinda upset I started before New Years so I won't be able to get drunk, but the weight that keeps coming off is more fun than getting drunk......maybe :cheers::drunk: Good luck to all that try this, definately a test of your mental strength. Not for the weak of heart.