Banned
Awards
  • Established
Meal 1:

2 double(meat only) cheese burgers

Meal 2:

1 cornish Hen.

Meal 3(optional)

1 ATW WPI shake with water, (2 X scoop if working out more than 3 hours that day or too hungry.)

Comes out to 2,000 calories

Protein: 138G, carbs: 50 , Fat: 120g

Cals: 1952

Plus the Cals from (2 slices of cheese 120, butter for cooking 100cals and somedays 25-50g ATW WPI)

Beef patties will last 15 days.....that's $48.8

Cornish hens will last 20 days....that's $39.6

cheese 24 days at....$5.36

Bread 12 days at....$4.86

Best case scenario with the lettuce, tomatoes, onions, asparagus and butter is $210...or $7/day..for a 2,000 cal/day cutting diet...

I hate paying for something I can go catch and kill myself......if I only had a truck, I'd fill a deep freezer in no time......:rant:

I need to go to Sams/Costco next time instead of Walmart, they probably have better deals in bulk since my eating is pretty monotone, but based on my previous luck, they probably don't even have what I eat....:trout:

I can only imagine what the bulking bill will be after my cut.......time for sex related work on the side..........:ntome:

:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
is 138g enough protein daily to keep you from loosing muscle?

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Costco will probably surprise you with the selection they've got.. I have no trouble at all finding healthful foods there.

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
is 138g enough protein daily to keep you from loosing muscle?
Yeah, no loss of strength or muscle as far as I can tell.

It can be bumped up to 190g a day with a 2X scoop shake.......my friend is a personal trainer and we sat down together, came up with 2,000 cals, although fat was lower and carbs were higher 50g/233g respectively.

Protein was 154g so it's not too far off....he competes and trained a girl to compete so he knows what he's doing, he has some pics of him and his client too, I'll get the site and post em here if it's ok with them...

I'm not much of a carb fan, I don't have an appetite for them and they make me hungry.....but fatty bloody rare meat will make me lose my mind........:twisted:

I'm surprised how little food 2,000 calories is.......I must've been taking in 3-5K calories, when I was hungry at night I'd soft boil 6-7 eggs, as a light "snack" :lol:.....don't get me started on my addiction to fatty meat......easily 3-5K calories/day.

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Costco will probably surprise you with the selection they've got.. I have no trouble at all finding healthful foods there.
I got nothing to lose except gas, so I'll be sure to check em out in 2 weeks...:thumbsup:

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Dude, 2000 calories at 215 pounds?!?!

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
Have fun with that, ya crazy bastard;)

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
damn. So you're basically using 3 meals and gettting 2000 calories?.

i'm trying to do the same with 6 meals and can't quite get enough. I think those beef patties and cornish hen must have a lot of fat in them.

my current diet is,

p: 170g c: 100g f:74g

i'm trying to eat all unsaturated fats though.

bigschmidt821

bigschmidt821

Oldtimer
Awards
  • Established
it really depends some ppl those calories are ok, depending on their general goals. my dad for example trains 6 days a week and gets about 1900 calories a day and has gained muscle. the amount of protein needed for some ppl is less especially if you are not a hard core body builder

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I thought the goal was to eat 6x a day to keep ur metabolism and insulin up and to prevent ur body from storing carbs as fats?

bigschmidt821

bigschmidt821

Oldtimer
Awards
  • Established
I thought the goal was to eat 6x a day to keep ur metabolism and insulin up and to prevent ur body from storing carbs as fats?
that is the general goal, however some studies support that 3 meals a day will do the same thing that it doesnt matter how many meals a day you do. my preference is 6 meals a day as i seem to see better results this way

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
damn. So you're basically using 3 meals and gettting 2000 calories?.

i'm trying to do the same with 6 meals and can't quite get enough. I think those beef patties and cornish hen must have a lot of fat in them.

my current diet is,

p: 170g c: 100g f:74g

i'm trying to eat all unsaturated fats though.
Yes, if it was evenly divided into 3 meals, that's 666 calories per meal.

1 cornish hen=560 calories Protein 54 grams fat 38

1 patty= 240 calories Protein 21grams fat 17

Total is about 120 g of fat, most of it saturated and mono-saturated...fat is good!

As regards to being a "hardcore bodybuilder" definitely not me, I used to be a powerlifter, did one local competition, now, I'm pretty much a crossfitter 75minutes 3-4 times a week and 2 hours cardio everyday(walking/swimming).

6 meals a day is too much for me, the meals would be ridiculously small and I don't want the hassle, burgers in the morning, cornish hen at night and all I gotta carry is a sac of whey that looks like cocaine.

Even if it did have better results, that's too much worry/work, plus for fat burning purposes, your insulin is better off secreted 2-3 times a day than 6 times a day, it's the "fat storing" hormone...

I have a cheat meal once a week, prime rib and mashed potatoes or a slab of ribs and a side....once a month it's with a desert and optional drink, but only once a month.

That's pretty much it, it works, it's simple and I don't have to keep re-adjusting my plan, same food day in day out.......sooo little cooking...... and cleaning too....perfect.

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
whoahhhhhh!!!!that picture is like the mona lisa!mmmmmm!so suculant!..so soft!...so delicious!
I am the destroyer of prime rib and pork ribs, duck too :nutkick:......if that stuff is around the house I eat it, I don't have a bottom in my stomach when it comes to fatty meat.

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
I am the destroyer of prime rib and pork ribs, duck too :nutkick:......if that stuff is around the house I eat it, I don't have a bottom in my stomach when it comes to fatty meat.
I LOVE PRIME RIB!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:..my favorite type of meat!we just gave p.r a new meaning..LOL..

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
do you have a log somewhere I am interested in seeing how this diet works out for you.. I hate haveing to weigh 6 meals and bring 5 meals to work and just always eat eat eat for loosing weight...

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
do you have a log somewhere I am interested in seeing how this diet works out for you.. I hate haveing to weigh 6 meals and bring 5 meals to work and just always eat eat eat for loosing weight...
That's ridiculous, I used to do that too, life is too short for that sh*t.

New changes will be made to diet.

As of saturday, the diet will look like this:

Meal 1: 2 cheese burgers(not double anymore) (with some celery, aspargus and a whole tomatoe)

Meal 2: 50g ATW WPI Isolate+Fish oil, coconut oil or butter.

Meal 3: Cornish Hen with whole tomato and celery

Comes out to almost 1800 calories

Protein 184g 736 calories/ 40.4% of total calories.

Carbohydrates 50 grams 200 calories/ 10.3% of total calories

Fat 100 grams 900 calories/49.3% of total calories

Still working out 2-3 hours a day, not losing any strength, actually doing more pushups, pullups and burpees, shoulder pushups (body parallel to a wall) are a bit easier, all lifts are easier too.

As long as I keep dropping weight/look better AND not lose strength, I'll continue without a cheat meal without changing the plan.

Once it stops or keeps going with muscle/strength loss, I'll add a cheat meal once a week, if in 2 weeks it doesn't help, I'll up the calories and/or activity level a bit.

Will not waste any money on supplements, only food supplements(WPI, vitamins, minerals and fats) I need something I can do anywhere without an special "dietary aids" something long term....so no "fat burners" or "muscle builder" will be added.

Plan seems solid, motivated and focused....I'm going to KILL any PT tests in a few months....:FUfinger:

And yes, I really will eat your fucking brain. :smite:

bigschmidt821

bigschmidt821

Oldtimer
Awards
  • Established
thats sick bro,
you have the ideal outlook for this lifestyle focusing on whats important first and looking at supplements as what they truely are...the icing on the cake! ppl mis that day in and out looking for the "magic pills" you will go for brother!

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
That's ridiculous, I used to do that too, life is too short for that sh*t.

New changes will be made to diet.

As of saturday, the diet will look like this:

Meal 1: 2 cheese burgers(not double anymore) (with some celery, aspargus and a whole tomatoe)

Meal 2: 50g ATW WPI Isolate+Fish oil, coconut oil or butter.

Meal 3: Cornish Hen with whole tomato and celery

Comes out to almost 1800 calories

Protein 184g 736 calories/ 40.4% of total calories.

Carbohydrates 50 grams 200 calories/ 10.3% of total calories

Fat 100 grams 900 calories/49.3% of total calories

Still working out 2-3 hours a day, not losing any strength, actually doing more pushups, pullups and burpees, shoulder pushups (body parallel to a wall) are a bit easier, all lifts are easier too.

As long as I keep dropping weight/look better AND not lose strength, I'll continue without a cheat meal without changing the plan.

Once it stops or keeps going with muscle/strength loss, I'll add a cheat meal once a week, if in 2 weeks it doesn't help, I'll up the calories and/or activity level a bit.

Will not waste any money on supplements, only food supplements(WPI, vitamins, minerals and fats) I need something I can do anywhere without an special "dietary aids" something long term....so no "fat burners" or "muscle builder" will be added.

Plan seems solid, motivated and focused....I'm going to KILL any PT tests in a few months....:FUfinger:

And yes, I really will eat your fucking brain. :smite:
diet looking good o-dog!:thumbsup:

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
Yes....yes....:rant:

No offense bro, but that sh!t is DISGUSTING! LOL!! I gave up red meat when I was ~14 or so. I worked on a farm for a while and I saw how nasty the cows were. Pussing leg wounds, **** all over them, snot running from their snouts constantly, etc.

I stick with my turkey, chicken and seafood. And yes, if I ever placed foot on a turkey or chicken farm, I prob. wouldn't eat that either! :lol:

About those cornish hens; I've never had one, but isn't a lot of the weight waste material (bones and whatnot)? Would it be more cost-effective to get chicken breasts or something? I buy chicken in bulk and cook it in bulk. <=$2.99/lb ;)

bigschmidt821

bigschmidt821

Oldtimer
Awards
  • Established
on the chicken, you can get loads of frozen breasts really cheep
papapumpsd dude have you ever looked at a turkey? they one of the ugliest things i have ever seen, and as far as what you said about cows...my old man always said we did them a favor by eating them! lol

bigschmidt821

bigschmidt821

Oldtimer
Awards
  • Established
costco sells them individual vaccum sealed its pretty great

lciaccio

lciaccio

Awards
  • Established
dude thats pretty good for cutting..you should see what i spend on my bulking lol...im averaging 140 a week for myself..i also eat 6-8k calories no problem, sometimes 10k. that works out to be about $20 bucks a day for a week. When my cutting cycle comes around, I'd be happy to get away with $10 a day lol let alone $7...good luck!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 25
Supplements 29
delsolrob Anabolics 7
Supplements 13
Supplements 1