Why can't I cut fat.....

Hurricane989

Hurricane989

Awards
I have no idea why I can't cut fat....I have tried it all...Lipo6, Lipo6x, Boiling Point, Stacker, ect....I have tried the empty morning walks, weighing my food, for proper intake and calories. I have been on so many diets, it's pissing me off. I have listened to my old boss and gained fat cause he didn't care about what he was telling me even tho he owned the gym.

I'm truly sick of not being able to lose weight, can you please recommend a fat burning stack and some ideas...that have worked for you. I currently weight about 320, and have been accruing back problems. I was at about 295 before my boss got involved since he owned the gym i trusted him..since then, i have gained fat...Pretty pissed...can anyone help..

pinchharmonic

pinchharmonic

Awards
  • Established
I have no idea why I can't cut fat....I have tried it all...Lipo6, Lipo6x, Boiling Point, Stacker, ect....I have tried the empty morning walks, weighing my food, for proper intake and calories. I have been on so many diets, it's pissing me off. I have listened to my old boss and gained fat cause he didn't care about what he was telling me even tho he owned the gym.

I'm truly sick of not being able to lose weight, can you please recommend a fat burning stack and some ideas...that have worked for you. I currently weight about 320, and have been accruing back problems. I was at about 295 before my boss got involved since he owned the gym i trusted him..since then, i have gained fat...Pretty pissed...can anyone help..
hey bro, hang in there. You're in the right place and you are definitely more than motivated to make the changes. You weigh your food, you have sacrificed your time, and that more than anything equates to success in weight loss realm. Now you just have to refine what you are doing, as willpower is not the issue apparently.

The best start is to put fat burners aside and focus on the the obvious: your diet and your training... in that order of priority too.

what are you eating everyday on average? How much activity?

only with that we can pinpoint any obvious problems, because in the quest to get leaner almost all the variables have to be perfect. don't be discouraged if it hasn't kicked in yet because there could be some glaring inconsistencies that you haven't seen yet. everyone here will be glad to help.

of course if we can't find the answer then seeing a doctor to check thyroid issues may be necessary, but let's hope that's not the case.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
blood work will be good in this case, along with a 24 hour recall (what you ate drank and how you felt after each meal for the past 24 hours)

also post your training and cardio times as well, we are all here to help ya man, hang in there we can get you through this.

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
High fat (to curb cravings, stabilize blood sugar), Low carb(energy, reduced cravings, less insulin spike), med-high protein.

I'd start out at 3,000 calories/ day for 3 weeks to see if there's any loss.

Meal frequency doesn't matter weather it's one meal or 6 meals, whatever works for you.

Daily intake:

-200grams of fat
-200 grams of protein
-100 grams of carbs

Comes out to 3,000 calories, that doesn't mean you can eat junk food as long as you meat those guidelines, keep the foods healthy.

You want your macro from,

Fat: 100% pure unrefined coconut oil, Fish Oil(important), egg yolks Extra virgin first cold press Olive oil, butter, burger, egg yolks, fatty fish, steaks, chicken thighs, cornish hens, hard cheese, etc.....

Carbs: Beans, brown rice, wholegrain bread, protein pancakes, etc...

Protein: Meats, eggs, low carb milk, whey protein Isolate and the remaining list of fats.

Do 2 hours of walking, once upon waking up, wait 30-45 minutes before consuming food after the walk, do not wait if it's a protein+fat only meal and another hour walk 3 hours after your last pro/carb meal or 2 hours after your pro/fat meal.

Do full body workouts 3-4 times/week.

Do not waste your money on fat burners, I spent $500 on an albuterol cycle, DCP/Recreate, Thermorexin, ECA, Green tea, etc.... All useless, save your money for clean food.

My only other advice is to go find a personal trainer who supports low carb/high fat diets have h/her design one for you and an exercise program which can be done in 1 session, 2 if he's a dipsh*t.

Once you get that done, leave h/her and do the workouts and diet on your own, the forum is free.

Hurricane989

Hurricane989

Awards
yeah, I have a issue of when to take what, and when to eat what. Like I said i worked with this guy two years, and he was telling me to have all my carbs before my work out. I just need to refresh my brain and get on the right track again. When to eat walk, eat after what, or drink before or after...

I mean as is, i weight all my food down to the gram, I spent a lot of money on a scale that was as dead accurate as they can be. I wake up, I do take a great multi vitamin, I take extra B vitamins along with C&E, I add a CLA tonin from Met-rx, thats about it at this point. I have egg whites, and wheat toast and sometimes yogurt with fruit. Lunch, turkey sandwich wheat toast, well you get the picture. I take a Mega Green that helps me get the full daily value of greens, I know, i can't get it as much out of a pill then raw form, but I have v8 smoothie juice as well. I have a rough time eating greens I gag, been that way since i was young...Anyway, you see were im going.. I try to do and eat what i can correctly from suger free, to high fiber and protein.

I take a two mile walk in the morning, before I eat. I eat then go about my day.

I have tried damn near everything, from Muscle Milk, Evo Pro, Cyto Sport whey, Labrada, Prov-60, Lipo6 and 6x, Boiling Point, Novadex-Xt, Meth-1, stacker water, redline, You name it I have prolly taken it...I need a fresh start, and need a good group for better advise.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I am in agreement with Omen.

Would it be possible for you to post your meal plan for a day?(today, for example)
Something to show us what you ate, how much you ate, when you ate, etc.

What do your workouts consist of?

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
Don't know if this will help, but diet is key. Now, I have been where you are. I have listened to "the experts" about gaining/cutting and went with elaborate diets/macro counts.

What I've been doing for the past month is simply getting trained into listening to my body. I ONLY eat when hungry. I go with fundamental rules only. Here's what I do:

Upon waking, I give my body a bit of what it needs, a protein shake with some grits/walnuts/raisins. Ain't but 40g carbs in that I think. I do that every day. Then throughout the rest of the day, I simply eat what I need to get full, which is another four meals or so per day. I only eat fibrous carbs (beans/corn/brown rice) and healthy fats (salmon, sprinkles of walnuts, a few drips of sesame oil to cook my meats in, eggs) and take in at least 40 protein in my five meals. The protein is the only thing I measure.

On days where I don't lift, my carbs are lower. I keep the protein the same, and from the same sources at the same times generally. I just eat less friendly helpings of carbs. For example, smaller handfuls of beans/corn in a meal. Smaller scoop of grits at breakfast, etc. I sometimes even up the protein on these recovery/cardio days.

Overthinking it was holding me back*. This is just what's been working for ME. Try it out, and you may like it. We have no reason anyways to be doing all that elaborate stuff. We're regular Joes. Get back into contact with your body and feel it out for when it's hungry. Measure with your true appetite and not by what some stupid equation tells you.

1. Keep a good, consistent level of protein
2. Put a dash of fat in with each meal. A sprinkle of walnuts with your beans and meat for example(the nuts complete the legumes (beans) anyhow).
3. Stay away from carbs after your post-workout meal, and never indulge in simple ones at any time. That whole down 100g of simple sugar thing after working out is kind of not a great idea in my opinion, at least for ME.
4. Don't take in a bunch of carbs on days where you don't need them for lifting. Heck, do some cardio on top of that and burn through your stores. Your muscles will be primed to soak em' up and use them on lift days. The "experts" call this "carb-cycling."

I'm getting thinner and stronger. I think excess weight affected my disposition in the gym. I'm seeing what I've worked hard for more now as I lose weight, and it is motivating.

Good luck. And keep the faith!

Hurricane989

Hurricane989

Awards
I'll post my meal intake tomorrow. as far as eating when my body tells, me...there are times im not hungry till like noon or 2 clock, some days im not hungry at all and this posts a problem.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
I'll post my meal intake tomorrow. as far as eating when my body tells, me...there are times im not hungry till like noon or 2 clock, some days im not hungry at all and this posts a problem.
That's unfortunate. I incorporate exercise/cardio into my daily routine, and my engine is always running hot. And to me, it sounds your metabolism is at a grinded halt, as you may be not fueling it enough/and with the right things. I'd try it anyways. Up your workout intensities and eat reasonably. If you are not hungry after several hours, do something to get you hungry (run around the block a few times). Kick up your metabolism manually. Sounds like it's floundered.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
If you can't/won't give us an idea of what you did today, you may not be sticking to your diet. (Not trying to be a d*ck)

As for eating when your body tells you, bollocks. Eat every 3 hours, hungry or not. Force yourself to eat more smaller meals so you're spending more energy digesting throughout the day.

I'll try working with ya man. Drop me a pm if need be.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
If you can't/won't give us an idea of what you did today, you may not be sticking to your diet. (Not trying to be a d*ck)

As for eating when your body tells you, bollocks. Eat every 3 hours, hungry or not. Force yourself to eat more smaller meals so you're spending more energy digesting throughout the day.

I'll try working with ya man. Drop me a pm if need be.
Hahahaha @ bollocks. Nah, like I said, it's working for ME. I'm hungry sometimes every two damn hours.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Hahahaha @ bollocks. Nah, like I said, it's working for ME. I'm hungry sometimes every two damn hours.
Not calling you out at all chief, but if duder here ain't eating often enough, that in itself could be a potential reason why he can't cut fat.

as far as eating when my body tells, me...there are times im not hungry till like noon or 2 clock
To me, that statement reveals something of a problem/solution.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
Not calling you out at all chief, but if duder here ain't eating often enough, that in itself could be a potential reason why he can't cut fat.

To me, that statement reveals something of a problem/solution.
Oh heck yeah, I know that, Bob. I'm just happy as hell to finally be making favorable composition changes again. And you are definitely right, the OP has a problem. Not bashing you, OP. I wish I had the answer(s) for ya.

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
How long have you been dieting to lose weight? You said you've been on every diet imaginable, give a diet history, diets and time length.

When going through prolonged sub-maintenance diets the body's metabolism can slow considerably. The logic of finding out your BMR then simply subtracting X amount of calories and you will lose weight simply doesn't work since there are always extenuating circumstances.

You could also benefit from going to a doctor and getting blood work done to make sure that your weight loss problem is diet/training related and not medical related.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
How long have you been dieting to lose weight? You said you've been on every diet imaginable, give a diet history, diets and time length.

When going through prolonged sub-maintenance diets the body's metabolism can slow considerably. The logic of finding out your BMR then simply subtracting X amount of calories and you will lose weight simply doesn't work since there are always extenuating circumstances.

You could also benefit from going to a doctor and getting blood work done to make sure that your weight loss problem is diet/training related and not medical related.
:thumbsup:

Hurricane989

Hurricane989

Awards
HEY HEY HEY...lol, I wasn't avoiding posting my meal intake and work out plan, I was passing out from shoveling friggen snow all day. Normally I'm awake about 8 or 9 am, I take my cla, multivitamin, B, C&E extra, I go for a walk to the mail box which is about 1.1 miles away, and this time of year we are talking like Rocky in Russia snow here, so its a hike. I get back eat a banana, 5 egg whites, or two eggs, pending on time, piece of whole wheat toast, cup of oj, and v8smoothie juice. Or, i just blend some Dr.Smoothie up and call it good. I have that by the case. It's about a hour drive to the gym, i warm up with small light bike ride, then I do a split back, bi's tries, shoulder, chest, all push before pull, (from what i was told) when im done, normally I hit the tred mill for medium/heavy HIIT cardio, polish off a shake if i have one on hand, for lunch normally a snack, granola bar and fruit, after that its a steak 8oz and some greens, dinner is usually pretty light, chicken 8oz and a shake with some more greens, and half cup rice..you get the idea i thnk...

Diets, have been tried from atkins, to low carb, no carbs, lipo6 or 6x, heavy cardio in sauna suit (bosses idea), i have cut calories, i have cut carbs, i think i was just getting the wrong infor from a guy that didn't give a **** cause i was a employee and not a paying member of his gym, I would love to goto the docs, but money right now is the issue it sucks..I was told to eat six times a day three times a day...I have had been told every 3 hours...thats kinda hard to do...I do brazilian ju jitsu and muay tie three months out before a fight im working my ass off and still have problems......I have been trying to loose weight for a long time, lots of times i get miss lead on information, or products or i don't get the whole truth of whats going. I can't pm yet, only 6 or 7 posts need 10 lol...I tried.

All this time, I keep wondering if i have been feeding people the same crap info I have been fed when it comes to this, because of my ******* boss....some teacher and trainer he was..

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
So you are 320 pounds eating

Breakfast:
5 egg whites or two eggs
And if you have time
A piece of whole wheat toast cup of oj and v8smoothie juice.

Post workout:
Shake
Whats in your shake?

Lunch:
Granola bar, fruit, 8 oz of steak, greens.

Dinner:
8 oz of chicken and a shake, rice and more greens

For a 320 pound man you don't sound like you are eating all too much. You would probably benefit from raised caloric intake.

With any of your cutting diets have you ever implemented refeeds? Cycled calorie intake during the week?

Hurricane989

Hurricane989

Awards

Breakfast:
5 egg whites or two eggs
And if you have time

Post workout:
Shake
Whats in your shake?
bananas, straberrys, ice, and 1/4 milk skim. and scoop of whey vanilla...

Lunch:

Dinner:

For a 320 pound man you don't sound like you are eating all too much. You would probably benefit from raised caloric intake.

With any of your cutting diets have you ever implemented refeeds? Cycled calorie intake during the week?

I was never introduced to refeeds or cycled calorie intake at all.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established

Breakfast:
5 egg whites or two eggs
And if you have time

Post workout:
Shake
Whats in your shake?

Lunch:

Dinner:

Starving yourself and living on granola and fruit are your culprits.

Hurricane989

Hurricane989

Awards
If someone can come up with a decient food idea for break, lunch dinner. I would be forever grateful, including snack and a good idea when to take or eat each one..I know i sound like a noob, but I want real information....Not just some smoke blown up my a$$, im tierd of being miss informed and being super heavy weight. I offerd my boss 15% of my earnings from one fight, roughly 1500 for now if he could of help me get down to 265 with out killing my body. if that tells you the desperateness to loose this weight....

Hurricane989

Hurricane989

Awards
PS, im about to move to Fl again, and where ill be working has a la fitness in the plaza, looks like i can hit it serious this time...and have great weather...Please help...lol and this website friggen rocks..

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
There lies your problems. If you've never done a refeed or at least cycle your caloric intake, your metabolism will unfortunately stay low the longer you are consuming less than your body needs to maintain. Like Manimalia said, your diet is a culprit.

Because it's my preferred way of cutting, I would suggest the AD diet, low carb diet and it basically starts like this.

Weeks1-2
Low carb, 20-30 a day.
Weeks 3+
At least 5 low carb days a week straight, plus 24-48 hours of carb loading.

It all depends on what kind of diet you want to go on, unless someone suggests something else, I would go with the AD diet.

Hurricane989

Hurricane989

Awards
I tried low carb and I felt like **** all day every day, and didn't have the energy to do anything....maybe i did it wrong...

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
In detail, tell me how your low carb diet went macro count wise, protein, carbs and fat.

Hurricane989

Hurricane989

Awards
In detail, tell me how your low carb diet went macro count wise, protein, carbs and fat.

I was eating less then 10g of carbs a day, protein was about 230g a day, fat less then 10g a day. this was all acount on what i was told by a professional. Sorry if I sound like im a new again...im just lost...

Hurricane989

Hurricane989

Awards
I was going to post a picture, but it seems there is a post limit I have not reached yet....damn it lol...

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
I tried low carb and I felt like **** all day every day, and didn't have the energy to do anything....maybe i did it wrong...
maybe you need to not eat sugary-ass granola and fruit as your carbs. try some beans, corn, and brown rice. they all have a synergy, as they complete one another protein-wise. there's an endless list of COMPLEX carb combos that make for awesome absorption/composition changes.

listen, i don't mean to get fired up. it's just that i have finally gotten happy, not too long ago either, with my dieting scheme. hell, it's no scheme at all. and heck, i'm even now, not to long ago either, happy in general. i've been making some major changes within just about 5 weeks alone. eat these foods and only eat em' when hungry (which, if your metabolism is right, should be every 3 hours, even less if you are hitting good weights/cardio):

Proteins:
Poultry
Fatty fish
Leanest steak you can find
string cheese (i haveo one before bed on occasion if i feel hungry)
Nuts/seeds (opt for flax seed/walnuts------these compliment each other protein-wise)
eggs
whey

Carbs:
beans (i prefer black beans, as they are higher in protein than some, and are very good for the body/brain)
corn
brown rice
white/sweet potatoes
moderate fruit (1-2 servings a day, if that)
FRESH carrots, tomatoes, etc.

Fats:
again, nuts/seeds
sesame oil to cook your meat in
fatty fish
steak
eggs

Don't eat carbs after your post-workout meal. And don't eat as many as you would on lift days. Lower them a good bit. Eat smaller handfuls of beans/corn. Eat smaller potatoes. Up your flax and nuts a bit.

Eat, if you wanna lose, to where you wanna be protein-wise. You don't need to fuel body fat with protein. Fuel muscle. If you wanna hit 220 in weight, eat 220g protein a day. That's the only thing you need to really measure.

Each actual meal should have 10g fat in it, no more really, with the exception of the last meal of the night. It can have a few more. I like to make me a three-egg omelet with some lean steak and spinach for example. That's probably, with the 1/2 tsp of oil I use to cook in, about 20g fat.

This is just my opinion. I am NOT an expert. I suck, actually. BUT this is actually giving me results. It's powerful in it's simplicity.

If you fear staying overweight and do elaborate things/excess work/under-eat, you will probably stay overweight.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Another thing to keep in mind is that there are macronutrients and equally important micronutrients. Too many people focus on "oh dear... how many carbs did I eat today..." blah blah blah. I was also focused with empty cals just to get my macronutrient ratio in. You need a LOT of critical vitamins and minerals from WHOLE FOODS. If you are eating chicken, protein powder, oats, rice... you are setting yourself up for a metabolic void. You need lots of vegetables, fruits, and things like kefir or Greek Yogurt with digestive enzymes. Hell, you may not be getting 20% of the RDA of vitamins as advised by the FDA (fcuking dumb @$$holes). What if you have gut issues and you're not even digesting half of what you eat? Focus on foods that have substance to them.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
Another thing to keep in mind is that there are macronutrients and equally important micronutrients. Too many people focus on "oh dear... how many carbs did I eat today..." blah blah blah. I was also focused with empty cals just to get my macronutrient ratio in. You need a LOT of critical vitamins and minerals from WHOLE FOODS. If you are eating chicken, protein powder, oats, rice... you are setting yourself up for a metabolic void. You need lots of vegetables, fruits, and things like kefir or Greek Yogurt with digestive enzymes. Hell, you may not be getting 20% of the RDA of vitamins as advised by the FDA (fcuking dumb *******s). What if you have gut issues and you're not even digesting half of what you eat? Focus on foods that have substance to them.
Truf.

Hurricane989

Hurricane989

Awards
is there a way to post a pic, with out hitting 50 posts. I don't drink pop, or carbonated anything. I on avg drink little over gallon of water a day.

im also trying to drop this weight and cut for the simple fact, I haven't taken my shirt off in public in over 20years...not even to swim.....im tired of it..

ndnguy85

ndnguy85

Awards
I was eating less then 10g of carbs a day, protein was about 230g a day, fat less then 10g a day. this was all acount on what i was told by a professional. Sorry if I sound like im a new again...im just lost...
uhm..

230x4 = 920
10x 9 = 90
10x 4 = 40

1050 caloreis for a 300lb man..this can't be right.

where exactly is your energy coming from when you are neither eating fat or carbs.

you got 2 out of 3 right. carbs and protein. all you have to do was up the fat to make up the rest of your calories.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
Google "omega-3 benefits and foods high in omega-3"

"list of complete protein combinations"

"complex carbs are superior to simple carbs"

I'm just guessing that googling those words will tell you some good stuff.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
uhm..

230x4 = 920
10x 9 = 90
10x 4 = 40

1050 caloreis for a 300lb man..this can't be right.

where exactly is your energy coming from when you are neither eating fat or carbs.

you got 2 out of 3 right. carbs and protein. all you have to do was up the fat to make up the rest of your calories.
Yeah, my lil' Asia girl wouldn't even be able to eat like that. Hell, she eats more than me.

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
It's ok, you were misguided. I don't understand why a professional would tell you to eat less than 10 grams of fat a day, even on a regular diet less than 10 grams of fat isn't too healthy for the body. On a low carb diet your fats need to be high along with your protein proteins. Eating less than 10 grams of fat, less than 10 of carbs and 230 is what? Around 1000? Not good at all.

Get around 30-40 percent of your total calories in protein, 60-70 in fat, 20-30 carbs.

1 gram of fat 9 calories
1 gram of protein 4 calories
1 gram of carbohydrate 4 calories

Fiber isn't counted towards carbohydrate count, aim to get most of your carbohydrates in leafy green and vitamin packed vegetables along with whatever spices you use.

Start your diet out around 2500-3000 calories. Do low carb for about 2 weeks before you think of a carb up. First three days will be rough and after that if you feel fatigue during the day or during workouts there are steps to change that.

Hurricane989

Hurricane989

Awards
Hey guys thanx for all the help and responses, it really means alot to actually find a group of people that don't mind sharing information that can change someones life.

Cerberus

Awards
Listen ... you will lose weight on the diet you were on. If you are hypocaloric, you will drop weight! Don't believe people when they say, "you need to eat more to lose weight". That **** is said because people usually CHRONICALLY eat low TOO LONG. Then their metabolism drops lower than whale ****.

Seriously though, you are 320! I'm not being a *******, but I kind of am ... you can do literally anything to lose weight. You really have to **** this up.

Get a plan and stick with it. Don't starve yourself, but if you want to, I would recommend you look into PSMF from Lyle McDonald.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/the-rapid-fat-loss-handbook

Read his articles on his website as well.

Good luck.

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
And if you've read Lyle's other books he's spoken against getting less than 1200 calories.

Giving a crash diet to someone who needs diet stability isn't the best idea. It's a temporary fix to something he needs to address in the long term.

Hurricane989

Hurricane989

Awards
See that's what I'm talking about, read this read that..info that's just completely out of the box crazy. I don't wanna crash diet, im tierd of every diet crashing. if i could get a real plan, I could stick to it....

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
See that's what I'm talking about, read this read that..info that's just completely out of the box crazy. I don't wanna crash diet, im tierd of every diet crashing. if i could get a real plan, I could stick to it....
M'man. Do you. Make your plan. I'm telling you, if you give it a shot, your body will tell you when to fuel it. And if you know a few fundamentals of what to fuel it with/when to fuel with what, you will do alright.

I myself have been through a lot of diets, a lot of "bulking" and whatnot. It's all bullshit, at least for me anyways. Never got me anywhere, except drained or overweight, strong as an ox, but big as one too.

dommer

Banned
Awards
whats the diet look like and how much cardio at what speed and for how long

criminaL

Awards
Okay, I have lost over 60 - 70lbs the last year. I am the type that "gets on track, and falls of track" but i never quit. I just got back from a 3 months vacation and I am determined to succeed. I am on the search for "common sense and simple ideas" I have found a few that have helped me, i am still on the search for more. Some things that have helped me. below I'll write down some issues I had and the solutions i have for them.

Issue1: Buying junk food on my way home from work, cause I am hungry and thinking about how long it will take me to cook the food and how hungry i'll be by then.

Solution1: Bring protien powder to work, and make a shake after work. (takes 30 seconds)

Issue2: The fight with the scale. Looking at the scale and expecting to lose weight, and actually gaining a few pounds can be very depressing.

Solution2: Get rid of the damn thing. How much you way, varies day to day. I have weighed myself and noticed i lost a few lbs. I weigh myself the next day and noticed i gained 5lbs. the Scale is crap, get rid of it.

here is more of a Tip for you. Don't worry about your weight or how you look. Focus on "progression" Covery Bailey says it best "there are no fit fat people." Some guys on some other post have been giving me some bs. Because I really haven't been focused on my diet that much, i am more focused on my cardio. The purpose for this is because, weight loss all boils down to calories consumed and calories expended. "THATS IT!" A great book i have about cardio for different purposes such as "endurance athletets, bodybuilders, weight loss, general fitness". Under the "weight loss" section it says something along the lines of "The goal of a person trying to lose weight is to get in the greatest possible shape they can as quickly as possible. Because the greater shape they're in, the more calories they can burn by working at a higher intensity." So this is what you do. You do cardio for 20mins at your lactate threshold. If you don't know what "lactate threshold" means... it the phase above aerobic exercise and below anerobic exercise. I rate my running intensity from 0 - 10. 0 being laying in bed doing nothing, 10 being as exausted as you can imagine. I do cardio about at level 7 for 20mins. Every week, or every 2 weeks, or every month. You want to increase your cardio by 2 minutes. Do this cardio 3x's a week. and in about a month do it 4x's a week. In another month add another day, so it's 5x's a week. You should strive to go for an hour. (that's what my goal is).

But remember the key here is "progress" not "how much weight did i lose" So to progress. Ways to progress...
1. Increaes cardio speed
2. Increase incline (if you use a treadmill)
3. Run/jog/walk longer than before.

And think about this. When you're in good shape... you'd burn alot of calories. The better shape you're in the more calories you're going to burn. So Most of the weight comes off at the end rapidly. Not at the begining.

Another which is very important is "rest" If you expend more energy than you have recuperated. eventualy you're giong to be in debt. You can't run at your best, if you feel like crap. So make sure to get your good rest (a problem i had/have.)

I forgot to mention "weight barring" activites are best to lose weight. example, running, and stair climbers.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
if i could get a real plan, I could stick to it....
Create an excel spread sheet diet using healthy foods that you enjoy eating. Add enough foods to hit 3000 calories and split those foods over 5 or 6 meals and make sure you have 300g of protein.

Map this diet exactly, with exact proportions. Read the labels and map calories, fats, protein and carbs.

Once you have the diet set, eat the planned diet to the "T" 6 days a week for 4 months and see where you come out.

I abso****inglutely guarantee you drop a grip of weight.

It can't get much easier than that.

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
I don't drink pop, or carbonated anything. I on avg drink little over gallon of water a day.
Moto dude drinking water is a huge part of loosing weight... is this a new idea or have you never drank pop/ carbonated beverages?
( not trying to bash ya, just asking... i know when i said i stopped drinking pop, it was still like one or two a day.. stupid caffeine)

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
something not really diet related, but what do your workouts consist of?

Schecterx

Schecterx

Awards
I'm interested in what your actual cardio looks like as well.

And as someone stated before, Once you do get on a clean diet (7 days after you drop simple carbs and "bad" fats) your body will start telling you when it's hungry, not when it WANTS a cheeseburger "i.e. binges)

Fiber is amazing for appetitie control, get metamucil.

Hurricane989

Hurricane989

Awards
Moto dude drinking water is a huge part of loosing weight... is this a new idea or have you never drank pop/ carbonated beverages?
( not trying to bash ya, just asking... i know when i said i stopped drinking pop, it was still like one or two a day.. stupid caffeine)

I used to drink pop a lot, about four years ago. Now I just drink water, stay away from certain juices. I drink flavored water, IE lemonade, cherry, etc..Non of it has carbs, caffeine, calories, or anything of the sort. I go threw about 48 20oz bottles a week. which avgs 8 gallons a week, gallon a day but I go over that very often. If I did decide to drink pop it would be Diet...

criminaL

Awards
What the hell is going on here, we told you what you need to do... i haven't seen any progress in the last 2 weeks...

Hurricane989

Hurricane989

Awards
Hey guys, sorry. Thank you for all your help, I'm currently in the process of moving back to Fl so its been pretty hectic with the holidays and such. I will be posting whats going on with a spread sheet soon as i can find it all.

Hurricane989

Hurricane989

Awards
Hey Guys, sorry about the long absence in my report. I just got back down to Florida, and got my member ship at L.A Fitness. For the price I got, I can't beat it with a stick.

Upon walking in there I was pretty amazed, being I haven't seen the building complete because I left before it was done. But they have a huge selection of Hammer, and Nautilus. We used to have Hammer at the gym i worked at. Anyway, my diet has consisted of pretty much oats and whole grain toast in the morning, or all bran cereal which taste pretty good. But anyway, it's been kinda hard to keep up the diet, since In a week and half I have went threw 4 cases of water. My roommate decides he rather waste more then drink and never replenish the supply. Along with eating foods I set aside for weighing out my portions. I'm really, looking for a new lifting plan. I went yesterday, and have sore shoulders, and arms. With mild back stiffness....But would like to create a new lifting plan...