Lucky's Recomp Log!

LuckyKid57

LuckyKid57

Awards
Lucky's Recomp Plan

***Log plan layout stolen from everyone's favorite freak on the forums, Rugger***

The Goods:
DCP
Leviathan Reloaded
Xtend
Fish Oil Pills
CLA
Flax Seed Powder
Psyllium Husk

The Diet:
Anabolic Diet
Target Weekday Macros
Total: 3000
Fat: 1650 calories, 183.33g
Protein: 1050 calories, 262.5g
Carbs (MAXIMUM): 120 calories, 30g
Target Weekend Macros
Fat: 900 calories, 100g
Protein: 450 calories, 112.5g
Carbs: 1650 calories, 412.5g

The Workout:
Monday: Legs/Abs
Tuesday: Cardio/HIIT
Wednesday: Chest/Shoulders/Triceps
Thursday: HIIT
Friday: Back/Biceps
Saturday: Depletion workout

Goals:
To obtain a better body composition. I know this sounds vague, however, I like to go solely by the mirror. Weight loss/gain is of no importance to me. I will be done recomping when YOU guys tell me I should move onto something else (or, until I look beyond sweet).

Notes:
I would classify myself as a meso-endo body type. The Anabolic Diet has always intrigued me, but I never thought I would be in the situation to run one. Now that I am working on cruise ships, and I know how my food situation will be when I return next week, I know this should be a very doable task. Salmon and meat everywhere, not to mention green veggies at every meal. What more can I ask for? Not to mention carb ups will be easy since I am surrounded by all sorts of cereals, frozen yogurt, and other goodies. I will try to keep my carb ups clean, and will only keep carbing until I feel my muscles are pumped up again.

Last edited:
ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
L A few more... liberties will be taken in this plan, as I will not follow a strict "meal by meal" diet, but will focus more on eating clean and following general formulae as far as macros are concerned.
I'll be following your log, can't agree more with your meal ideology. Some guys cuckold (I know it's pigeonhold, but whatever) themselves into strict diets. I'm running an AD diet for recomp, I basically know what my macro requirements are and everyday I just seek out to hit them within a certain number of meals.

Schecterx

Schecterx

Awards
I like how you utilize complex carbs :). Followed..

lol and did u say extenz will be apart of your supps? :)

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
Why do you want to raise liver glycogen levels up?

Schecterx

Schecterx

Awards
Lookin good, I stay away from ground beef.. Jenny-o turkey meat is better. Not saying just fat wise either, its loads healthier.

Schecterx

Schecterx

Awards
96/4 is lean as hell. Walmart usually has sales on like a box of tilapia for 14 bucks with 24 flanks of fish.. good **** :)

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
How are you cycling your carbs?

Even with a full liver, i'm fairly sure that your liver glycogen levels will be depleted fairly fast. I can give a better opinion when I know how you are cycling your carb intake though.

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
How many carbs do you get in during the low carb days?

Why not take a look into the anabolic diet. It's basically a low carb diet, like your diet, except daily intake 20-30 a day during the week and a carb up during the weekend. You would have more stable energy levels avoiding a no carb day.

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
My energy levels are pretty high. The only time they were low was at the end of a two week low carb stint without a significant carb load and during the end of a depletion workout before I carbed up.

LuckyKid57

LuckyKid57

Awards
Alllright, did more research on the anabolic and read the entire PDF by Pasquale. I see no problem following this, but Rivera, I am not going to lie I love me some carbs, so I will need your support in kicking my ass starting tomorrow! The IDEAL targets will look like this...

Basing my weight off of 200lbs, because tomorrow I when I weigh in I will be much heavier after really loading up on carbs (even more than in my earlier post).

I want to be cutting fat, so I am going to go a bit below the BW*18 starting out formula, and beginning at BW*15 starting out formula. This allows me 3,000 calories a day. If I am REALLY feeling shitty, I will up it starting next Monday.

Target Weekday Macros:
Fat: 1650 calories, 183.33g
Protein: 1050 calories, 262.5g
Carbs (MAXIMUM): 120 calories, 30g

Target Weekend Macros
Fat: 900 calories, 100g
Protein: 450 calories, 112.5g
Carbs: 1650 calories, 412.5g

Well, Anabolic Diet starts tomorrow everyone. I am not going to lie, I may very well need your help through this!

LuckyKid57

LuckyKid57

Awards
Day 1

I find it easiest to make a couple updates as the day goes on, that way you guys are also informed on what I am doing... and if you see a mistake or think I can do something better, I can correct it before wasting an entire day! Anyway...

10:00AM: Woke up naturally a little while before and couldn't fall back asleep for the life of me. Popped 2 LR and 2DCP along with sipping on 1 scoop of Xtend while reading a bit.

10:45AM: 1 cup egg beaters, 1 bratwurst, 1.5 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, sprinkling of blue cheese crumbles, 3 fish oil, 3 CLA, multi, CEE
Calories: 664
Fat: 48 (including fish oil and CLA)
Protein: 49
Carbs: 7

Started reading a book and what not and then eventually fell asleep until 4 pm. Much needed.

Popped 2 DCP
4:00PM: 1 cup egg beaters, 1 small can tuna, 1 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, sprinkling blue cheese crumbles, small amount of mayonnaise, small amount of olive oil, 3 fish oil, 3 CLA
Calories: 445
Fat: 25
Protein: 50
Carbs: 5

5:00PM Snacked on two small pieces of mozzarella cheese. Looking at
Calories: 60
5 fat
3 Protein

6:30PM Did legs and core tonight. Energy levels were fine. Must say I had a decent workout. I took two LR and 3 DCP about 3 minutes before hand and also took 5 capsules of NanoX9 hardcore...don't worry, I got the free sample from an order a while ago. Have to say the NanoX9 didn't really do anything for me. Deadlifts, leg press, leg extension, calf raises, broomstick twists, leg raises, supermans.

7:30PM Meal 3: Had half a plate of pork with the other half covered in broccoli. I used 2 pre-packaged butters to go along with it for extra fats. I do not have the exact macronutrients... so I am sorry about that. I am still low in calories for the day, so this is not much of an issue for me, my carb count is still way low, which is great and what I am mainly concerned about.

10:30PM Late night Shake: 1.5 scoops IDS Whey, 3 servings flax, 3 CLA, psyllium husk powder
Calories: 336
Fat: 20g
Protein: 35

Daily Totals:
Calories: 1505 + Dinner (2200)
Fat: 140
Protein: 200
Carbs: 22 + fiber

The dinner is throwing me off a bit, but all I can say is those look like pretty decent estimates since the pork was nice and fatty. I feel good, even thought I know there is no way I have entered keto in under 24 hours since a massive carb load. Anyway...day 1 down.

I took a picture today, and will be making a post. And I was a loser and forgot to weigh myself this morning, but tomorrow I will have that taken care of for you.

Last edited:
LuckyKid57

LuckyKid57

Awards
Thomas, I have read on some threads to not count fiber supplementation into my total carbs for the day, do you agree with this? I have a tub of Psyllium husk sitting here and am thinking about incorporating it into the plan as the day goes on.

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
You don't count fiber, the body doesn't have the gears to process it. You should get a good amount of fiber in or else you'll deal with constipation.

LuckyKid57

LuckyKid57

Awards
Day 2

Day 2
12/02/08
Weight 204.4

12:00PM: 2 DCP, 2 LR
2:00PM Meal 1: 4 eggs, 1/4 lb 96% ground beef, 2 servings turkey pepperoni, 3 fish oil, 3 CLA
Calories: 639
Fat: 43
Protein: 63
Carbs: 0
4:15PM Meal 2: 4 servings turkey pepperoni
Calories: 288
Fat: 16
Protein: 36
5:30PM Workout
Pre-Workout Supps: 3 DCP, 2 LR, 4 Endorphix, 2.5 g CEE
Intra-Workout: 2 scoops Xtend
Supersets of Flat DB Press and Military Press
Supersets of Incline DB Press and Incline Flys
Dips
Shoulders Shrugs
Tricep Rope Pushdown
Quick 5 minutes of sprinting to help dip into any of my glycogen stores
7:30PM Post WO Meal: 8oz chicken breast, half a plate full of broccoli and string beans with a generous covering of olive oil and parmesean (sp) cheese, 1 bowl sugar free jello with some Reddi-Whip (the less than 1 gram carbs/serving version) 3 fish oil, 3 CLA (estimating macros)
Calories: 485
Fat: 25g
Protein: 55g
Carbs: 10 (all from broccoli and string beans, INCLUDING FIBER)
9:30PM Meal 4 8oz chicken breast, only a few string beans (leftovers), big bowl of jello with some reddi-whip
Calories: 300
Fat: 10
Protein: 50
11:00PM: 2 ALRI Zero-Stim (just feeling saucy and have some extra sitting around)
12:00AM: 2 DCP

Totals:
Calories: 1800
Fat: 94
Protein: 204
Carbs: 15

Thoughts: I had an amazing workout tonight. I was still able to really pump out, which was surprising to me since I was days into no carbs. I am dropping ridiculous amounts of water weight. I am a little bit stressed out because I know I am not getting in enough fat, I need to concentrate a bit more on that. I do not mean to sound like a little baby, but the mom made chicken breast tonight, so I could not pass up my free meals for this last week before I head back to work. I do not remember if I mentioned, but once I am back at work there is salmon at EVERY lunch and dinner (at least that is how it used to be a while ago, and I doubt they changed anything). I am taking 10mg of Ambien tonight at a decent hour to really knock me out so that I can actually fall asleep. I am on a whacked out sleep schedule, and I think waking up earlier will allow me to eat more food throughout the day, and thus train my body to burn more fat. Alright guys, thanks for sticking through this with me... so far so good! I feel great on this plan. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited:
LuckyKid57

LuckyKid57

Awards
Day 3

12/3/08
Weight: 204
Thoughts: Alright, I was able to wake up at a decent hour this morning and started getting things rolling. After doing a bit of reading, I am planning on running a full 12 days depletion before my first carb up period. This, I feel to be strengthening mentally, and will also jumpstart the "train your body to be a fat burning machine" shindig. I am going to try upping my calories today more than the last few days. In all honesty, I woke up earlier, so I am pretty sure I will be able to get a few more meals in. Any thoughts? Criticisms?
8:00AM: 2 DCP, 2 LR, 1 scoop Xtend
9:00AM Meal 1: 1/4 lb 92% ground beef, 4 eggs, 1 cup egg beaters, 2 fish oil, 2 CLA
Calories: 575
Fat: 31g
Protein: 70g
Carbs: 4g
11:30AM Meal 2: 1 pouch of Turkey Pepperoni, Vanilla Coke Zero
Calories: 420
Fat: 24
Protein: 54

Notes: Ketosis feels like it is truly setting in. I am feeling a bit tired and groggy although I got a full nights rest and am loaded up with a decent amount of calories. This is a good sign. I do plan on trying to hit 12 full days before carbing up. We will see how it goes while I am traveling come Saturday. I just really feel that if I go 12 days, it will guarantee depletion and I will be able to really spike insulin to a truly powerful amount. Thoughts on this, anyone?

2:30 Workout: Back/Biceps/Abs
Circuit trained Abs doing two circuits of 15 reps each: broomstick twists, decline crunches, leg raises, supermans.
Followed by 3 sets of 12 rep supermans holding 25 lb plate
Lat Pull-Downs, lawn-mowers, rows, 21's, cable curls
All sets were done with about 20 reps for 2 sets, then finishing with 2 sets, much heavier weight for 6 reps

4:00PM Post W/O Meal: 4 whole eggs, 1 cup egg beaters
Calories: 370
Fat: 18
Protein: 48
Carbs: 4

7:00PM Meal 4: 1/2 lb Angus Beef Burger with cheddar cheese and a couple bacon strips, side salad with some cheese (pushed aside the croutons and tried eating around most of the tomato and carrot slivers), 24 UNBREADED wings in hot sauce, some ranch dressing
Calories: Lots
Fat: Lots
Protein: Lots
Carbs: 15g (being generous)

11:00PM Snack: A jar of zero calorie chocolate sauce and a couple shots of Reddi-Whip
Calories: 45
Fat: 5
Protien: 0

Notes: Took a Ketostix test, and it turned up positive, but small. Roughly right in between "trace" and "small." So about 10mg/dL. I know that the sticks are not 100% accurate, because I may be using those ketones up for energy and expelling them in other sources, but just to make sure that I stay in ketosis I am going to run the test twice tomorrow (morning and evening). I am also going to try planning out my meals in advance this evening.

Also, I can't believe that after eating that MASSIVE dinner how "light" I still feel! Truly amazing. I don't feel loose or bloated or anything, I know that it is because I am not retaining water from not eating massive amounts of carbs, but really it is a nice feeling. I do expect a bit of a weight gain when I hop on the scale tomorrow though, just because it was such high calories, but I do not worry about that. Once again, I am recomping, and expect the process to take a while. ALSO, my goal is to enter ketosis and stay in that state for another week and a half before my first carb up. I know it takes time, and I am not getting impatient... not to mention going from 211 a few days ago (post carb load) to 204 this morning is a nice feeling even though a lot of it is water, if not all =). Thanks again for all the support guys!

Last edited:
spres444

spres444

Awards
  • Established
sweeet dude i plan on doing this same exact thing. i too have been reading up on CKD like a mad man. as of now im just trying to get my meal plan in order before i commit to it, so i acutally know what im eating!

spres444

spres444

Awards
  • Established
and you use the hormel turkey pepperoni? that will definatly be a staple in my diet i loveeeeeeeeeeeee pepperoni

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
The reason why the first low carb stint is suggested as a 12 day low carb period versus a 5 day low carb period is time in ketosis actually. When starting a ketogenic diet it takes about 2-3 days to make the shift required. If you went for 5 low carb days and a carb up day it would look something like this.

Day1:Not there
Day2:Getting there possibly there
Day3: Most likely there/there
Day4: Ketogenic state
Day5: Ketogenic state/start of carb load
Day6: Carb load
Day7: Carb load finish/start ketogenic state over

Basically in a 7 day period you have 2-3 days of a good ketogenic state. When you go 12 it's better to start out the fat burning process. Not to mention, the longer you are in a low carb state the less glycogen (further in a ketogenic state) you are. At about 3 weeks in a low carb state your body requires the least amount of glucose it probably ever will in order to operate.

The body does continue to burn fat during the carb up, and you'll find it easier to adjust into ketosis after your first carb up.

LuckyKid57

LuckyKid57

Awards
and you use the hormel turkey pepperoni? that will definatly be a staple in my diet i loveeeeeeeeeeeee pepperoni
Heck yeah I use the Hormel Turkey Pepperoni! I know it is not as fatty as regular, BUT, the reason being I can sit down and eat an entire bag of it since it is less calorically dense. It takes up more space in my stomach. 6 servings is in a bag and each serving is 4 fat and 9 protein. So it worked out great. There is 13g of fat in a serving of the normal pepperoni I found... so I couldn't eat as much in a sitting without getting the majority of my fat intake for the day!!!

Thomas, thanks for the explanation, that helps a lot. I will certainly shoot for the 12 days so as to experience complete benefits. I just want to warn you guys, that when I get to the ship it will be harder to get my macros in, since I have no idea exactly what type of beef they use and how much salmon I eat. So I will lay out what I eat and we will go from there. That will be starting on Sunday when I sign on, and I will be out at sea for 6 months, back to Miami every Sunday though. So if any of you are in Miami and want to train on a Sunday morning, let me know!!!

spres444

spres444

Awards
  • Established
im trtying to come up with my diet right now..i seem to be going over in protein and cals and comming up short on fat :-(

LuckyKid57

LuckyKid57

Awards
The protein is too high and our calories are too high because of that? That is rather surprising. I have a problem getting enough calories! It is truly an eye opening experience just how many calories we ingest through carbs each day... WOW.

ALSO, feel free to through in your omega-3's and CLA and what not. I have read on some people's logs that they are supplementing anywhere between 20-40g of fish oil a day. When you think about the benefits of that... wow... amazing. Also, take into account olive oil and what not. When in doubt, just go to the supermarket and buy ground beef and eggs, and you can at least start! OH, and sugar free jell-o and cool whip... mmmmmm.

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
I get about 2 pounds of 80/20 beef a day in depending on what my intake is, thats about 2400 calories right there.

spres444

spres444

Awards
  • Established
dont mean to jack ure thread lucky but figure you guys have a good knowledge of whats goin on..this is what i came up with

3 eggs
1 sausage patty
1 tbs EVOO

8 oz ground turkey ( 80/20
2 tbs EVOO
3 slices colby jack cheese

1.5 tbs mayo
1 can tuna
1 tbs EVOO

2 serv hormel turkey pepp
10g walnuts

this brought me to 2080 cal's, 164g's of fat, and 174g protein

id like to add in a PWO protein shake so that would up me to 2200 cals, 200g protein and same fat ( maybe add in EVOO and it would be 2320 cals 200g protein and 178gs of fat

LuckyKid57

LuckyKid57

Awards
Spres, how much do you weigh? Are your target calories your weight X 18? I started lower because I am trying to make sure I cut fat... but by the looks of this days upcoming log, I can't stop losing weight, and I feel I am losing too fast. It may just be characteristic of a keto diet (I have never been this long into keto, I know... only day 4 now, but still!)

Anyway, your macros look solid as long as you are reaching the calories you are aiming for. Oh, and btw, DEF go for the 12 day initial zero carb period... I can only imagine how awesome it will be when I get there. OH, and seriously feel free to shuffle around your meals man. The beauty of this plan is that you can feel free to eat when you want (when you are hungry). I just try to not eat out of boredom. But feel free to sub in food however you want, and maybe for the first week or so of initiation, just focus on keeping your carbs under 30, and the rest will probably just fall in place (AND PLEASE GO BUY SOME SUGAR FREE JELL-O AND REDDI WHIP...SOOOOOOOO GOOD).

Last edited:
LuckyKid57

LuckyKid57

Awards
Day 4

Weight: 203.4
...Wow. I still lost net weight after eating those wings last night, honestly, I don't know what to do with myself... this is the most beautiful thing ever! I am, however, worried about the weight loss... I know some of it is still water, but .6 lbs in a night? It had been a while since I ate, so who knows. Anyway, today is just a cardio day for me, which I will do, but I am asking your guys' honest opinion, should I keep cardio light only hit it once a week (or even none) until my weight loss starts to normalize? Or should I just go hardcore? Anyway, fill a brother in =). Here it goes...

12:00 Pre-Cardio: 2 scoops Xtend, 5g extra glutamine, 3DCP, 2 LR
12:30 PM Cardio: 30 minutes on the elliptical with a pretty high heart rate. Did not do HIIT but was able to keep HR over 75% (mostly 80%) for the majority of the time. Felt really good and called it quits at 30 minutes. Intra-workout nutrition was 2 scoops Xtend and 5g extra glutamine
2:00 1/2 lb 92/8 ground beef, 4 eggs, 4 servings jell-o, and reddi-whip (estimating 5 servings reddi-whip)
Calories: 641
Fat: 41
Protein: 68
3:30 Handful of almonds, 2 eggs
Calories: 300
Fat: 20
Protein: 20
4:00: 4 servings jello, LOADS of Reddi-Whip
6:00: 1 Labrada Lean Body Shake
Calories: 290
Fat: 9
Protein: 40
Carbs: 9 - 5 fiber =4 sugar free carbs
8:00: Applebee's 12 Hot Wings, 12 oz New York Strip Steak, Blue Cheese Dressing, 10 pieces broccoli, 6 carrot sticks
Calories: Tons
Fat: Tons
Protein: Tons
Carbs: 10
Misc. Snacks Throughout Day: Munched on roughly 2 chicken breasts thorughout the day, no huge idea on macros, but zero carbs, which is good
Last Snack of the Night: 8 Servings of Jello-O
Calories: 50
Fat: 0
Protein: <8

Notes: I tried to naturally up my calories today by munching a bit more throughout the day on protein rich snacks, and I think I had a pretty epic "going away dinner" at Applebee's. I am ready to head back out to the ship! It will be harder to get my calories in, but it will be ridiculously easy to stay in keto. Anyway, any comments on this food? Even if I did go over calories (still doubtful), I know I had higher than normal, which I think is a good idea since I was pretty low the last few days.

spres444

spres444

Awards
  • Established
I'm 210-15, trying to cut my BF down with the PAL stack I just ordered a few days ago. Gonna do a solid cut for a month then when I finish it out im either gonna go on a CKD bulk and either go with h-drol or 1-T.

im probaly gonna start this sunday because I always go out on the weekends and get pretty drunk. i would love to do the 12 day thing but i have a work XMAS party on friday that Im going to have to drink at and eat lots of food.

think it would be straight if I ran absolutely no carbs for 6 days then carbed up a little friday night then saturday n sunday just eat no carbs until next friday dunno if that would work..

deff gonna pick up the jello i love cool haawhip

LuckyKid57

LuckyKid57

Awards
I'm 210-15, trying to cut my BF down with the PAL stack I just ordered a few days ago. Gonna do a solid cut for a month then when I finish it out im either gonna go on a CKD bulk and either go with h-drol or 1-T.

think it would be straight if I ran absolutely no carbs for 6 days then carbed up a little friday night then saturday n sunday just eat no carbs until next friday dunno if that would work..
I would certainly continue with the Anabolic Diet/CKD during your bulk, that will actually work out perfectly because, ideally, you are supposed to give yourself 4 weeks on the plan until you actually begin a bulking phase or cutting phase. I would not focus on this first month as a cut down, as your BF will probably drop significantly anyway, but focus on implementing the plan. When the time comes, if your body fat is low enough, think of a bulk... if not, just use it for recomp! I have to tell you, this is only day 4 for me, but I LOVE IT. My energy levels to are skyrocketing high and I do not feel lethargic at all.

To answer your section question, Pasquale never said anyone HAVING to do a 12 day depletion, so you should be set anyway! If you do 6 days no carb (well, less than 30 besides fiber) you would def be fine to do your carb up Friday night and probably into Saturday (depending on your goals. Sound like with your partying schedule (I am assuming Friday/Sat you go out) it would be in your best interest to focus your carb ups on those days! Pasquale even says you can drink alcohol during your carb ups, but honestly, it isn't the best thing to do =).

Feel free to use this thread for any questions you have, it will be up for a while as I have a long way to go until I will even think about bulking. The Anabolic Diet/CKD thread Rugger started over in the Nutrition forum is loaded with info too, so many people here are killing it!

spres444

spres444

Awards
  • Established
yea bro appreciate the input. i got my own log i started up as well over in the supplement log forum.

im just looking to get my BF down 5-6% while taking the PAL stack and doing 20 mins of cardio a day or more if i can manage it over the next month or so, not really concerned with the weight loss just wana lose all the fat.

and i read every part of that entire thread thats why i decided to go with this haha

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
As for the weight loss, you really need a bearing on how many calories you need through the week before getting on this diet. When I started my low carb phase I was 180ish, first few days I lost a few pounds, I got down to 174/175 at the end of the two weeks. On my carb up I was above 180.

As for the amount of time going low carb, you could do 6 days low carb and go into a carb load. Don't go 0 carb, 20-30. Make sure your getting your vegetables and fiber in, or your stomach will regret it when you take a crap.

For Spres. The carb up is up to you, you can shoot for 200 carbs every 3 hours if you like. When you start feeling bloated cut back. Some guys get into the 6-8k range with minimal fat gain.

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
As for carb loading ideologies there are three.

Unlimited -
You eat however many carbs you like while limiting fat intake as much as possible. Some guys seem to get away with a henious amount of food without any noticeable addition in body fat.

Lyle's Model -

Caloric intake = 26 X body weight first 24 hours
15 X body weight second 24 hours

5 hours before the depletion workout
Ingest 25-50 carbs, bread, dextrose malodextrin type source and some protein to begin shift out of keto.

2 Hours before workout 25-50 grams of glucose and fructose combined to further the shift out of keto and refill liver glycogen.

First 24 hours (starting right after the depletion workout)
Carb intake roughly 70+ percent of the calorie intake, simple carbs
Fat+Protein=15 percent a piece (I would make a conscious effort to limit too much fat intake and to not over eat protein)

Second 24 hours
Carb intake roughly 60 percent, complex carbs
Protein 25 percent
fat 15 percent

Then you shift back into keto

AD style -
Eat until you see your muscles plump and filled but not bloated. Yes, he has a percent calculation thing too but the main idea is to hit this point.

These are the three most common ones you will see. Lyle's style is for beginners, high body fat and can't judge easily based on appearance. He does mention eating all you want as a style of carb loading and says it is easier mentally to do as well. However, eating whatever you want and the AD style are both dependent on people who know their body.

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
As for the training during the week. Train however you feel like during the low carb week, just be prepared for the depletion workout. The depletion workout can be a few cycles of circuit style training, all with high reps, 15-20. The depletion workout is what makes the carb up really successful. It'll grab your balls and throw them to the wall and ask you to pick them up and ask for seconds. Thats how it should be done.

Do it right and you get the chance at something not a lot of other people get, your body gives you a pass go card that says "Eat as many carbs as you like, just don't train me while you do it and i'll build muscle, fill em up and make you look larger and make you stronger for the first few days of the week"

Low carbing is a cake walk, all it takes is control. Working out while low carbing, easy too. Depletion workouts and carbing up, that takes force.

spres444

spres444

Awards
  • Established
honestly thomas i wana thank you for sharing your knowledge. im i can speak for both me and lucky and say that you are an asset to this community.

and i had a half assed attempt at a keto start today. i woke up wicked late and didnt get a chance to make food before work and ended up eating some pork strips, a protein shake, and some chicken sausauge stuff...all i got to eat all day because i was so tired...

but i was at the gym for 3 1/2 hours..half of it was walking around because i feel like i went down in all my exercises by like 10-15 pounds..real depressed

is this a normal when taking carbs away? obviously what i did was a little extreme but today sucked

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
Thank you. Glad to help.

It was probably due to the lower calorie intake. Was this your first day starting keto?

spres444

spres444

Awards
  • Established
Basically. It was a failed attempt because of poor planning, but yea I really didn't eat anything. I just didn't feel like in the zone, like I wanted to workout, but I couldnt do any of the normal weights I have been doing.

And I was there for like 3 hours , 30 mins was cardio..rest was like walking around doing dif exercises I felt like wicked lethargic.

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
Most likely it was because of the lower calorie intake and starting into ketosis. It gets better from here.

spres444

spres444

Awards
  • Established
wordd..I had honestly planned on starting Monday, when I got my Anabolic Edge, Incarnate, and Levi R..so I might just have myself some carb fun this weekend (cough beer), and go hardcore into monday after I make all my food sunday.

LuckyKid57

LuckyKid57

Awards
Yeah, I agree. Isn't there a period between when you are carb depleted and when you are actually in ketosis where your body is like "wtf is going on? I have no glucose... what am I doing?" This is what I felt like for a few hours, but then I think that my body actaully started to produce ketones... hence... ketosis. And I then had my energy source back =). Hit me yesterday. I feel GREAT today, btw. Finished the log for the day, tried having a high calorie day, as you can see, since tomorrow will not be as intense (OH BLAST, I HAVE TO GO GROCERY SHOPPING TOMORROW, AIGH!!!) Anyway, I will buying a bunch of bags of pepperoni to take with me for the flight and snacks while in the hotel on Saturday, mmmmmmm, gonna keep it up. Also, what do you guys think about just doing whole body circuit training over the next week since I will not be carbing up for anotehr 9 days? Any ideas? I figured alternating between circuit training and cardio each day.

spres444

spres444

Awards
  • Established
that sounds like a good idea lucky ive been tihnking about it myself.

btw i picked up a 5 pound bag of pep turkey from Bj's and a bunch of reddi whip and jello haha

LuckyKid57

LuckyKid57

Awards
So I am going to go intense tomorrow and FREAK the body out. Just for one day. I just like to mix things up once in a while... this is my diet for the entire day...

9 cans of Tuna Fish:
Calories: 1,350
Fat: 11.25
Protein: 292.5
Carbs: ZERO, a big, fat ZERO

16 Servings Jello:
Protien: <16g
Carbs: 0, BIG FAT 0

CLA: 12 grams
Fish Oil: 12 grams

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I agree. Isn't there a period between when you are carb depleted and when you are actually in ketosis where your body is like "wtf is going on? I have no glucose... what am I doing?" This is what I felt like for a few hours, but then I think that my body actaully started to produce ketones... hence... ketosis. And I then had my energy source back =). Hit me yesterday. I feel GREAT today, btw. Finished the log for the day, tried having a high calorie day, as you can see, since tomorrow will not be as intense (OH BLAST, I HAVE TO GO GROCERY SHOPPING TOMORROW, AIGH!!!) Anyway, I will buying a bunch of bags of pepperoni to take with me for the flight and snacks while in the hotel on Saturday, mmmmmmm, gonna keep it up. Also, what do you guys think about just doing whole body circuit training over the next week since I will not be carbing up for anotehr 9 days? Any ideas? I figured alternating between circuit training and cardio each day.
It's what's best described as a brain fog, you'll get over it. When your body needs glucose it will make it from fat albiet a very very low percentage somewhere around 2-3 percent and protein somewhere around 52 percent. When you feel the cravings for carbohydrates it's mental. Now here's the kicker.

Ketosis isn't just fueled by ketones, it's ketones and free fatty acids. The body at first will utilize ketones and free fatty acids, the brain, CNS and I believe the heart will continue to require glucose indefinitely. The brain which requires 100 grams of glucose a day will slowly but surely start to use ketones while the rest of the body will switch to FFA's. At around 3 weeks the brain will use 70 percent in ketones and 30 percent in glucose for its requirements. The body will almost purely use FFA which make up much more of the caloric loss than ketones do.

I kept my normal routine in my 2 week induction and did HIIT on cardio days. I did a mini carb up on the sixth day where I had around 300 carbs after working out and for a few hours after.

LuckyKid57

LuckyKid57

Awards
Day 5

Feeling good this morning! I am so ready to start traveling down to Miami to get back to work, and I am excited since it is like an Anabolic Dieters dream! Salmon, red meat, eggs, bacon, sausage... EVERY DAY... not to mention cakes and cookies and ice cream for my weekends... mmmm. Anyway, like I mentioned earlier, today is just a test of how crazy I can make this (and hopefully survive). Tuna fish and jell-o today...I know right? I'm stupid, but it's just one day and I want to see what it will be like cutting calories AND fat down pretty low after two days of super high caloric intake. I am still going to supplement with a good amount of CLA and fish oil just so that I have some form of energy for workouts and SURVIVAL, lol. Anyway, enough blabbing...

10:15AM: 2 DCP, 2 LR
11:30AM: 2 cans of tuna fish, 4 servings Jell-O, 3 fish oil, 3 CLA
Calories: 400
Fat: 8.5
Protein: 65
1:30PM: 4 servings Jell-O
Calories: 40
Protein: <4
2:30: 2 DCP
3:15: Honestly, I really just wanted eggs...sooo... 2 cups egg beaters, 3 CLA
Calories: 270
Fat: 3 (CLA)
Protein: 48
Carbs: 8
5:45 PM: I was feeling really lethargic so I loaded up on pre-workouts... 3 DCP, 2 LR, 4 Endorphix, 8 Gakic HC (sample pack), 3 CEE tabs... WOA, started really freaking out at the gym and had tons of energy, probably due to the extra yohimbine in the gakic. Had a good workout, did a full body with circuit training upper body and super setting as well, and did some legs.
7:30PM: Yeah, so about that tuna... I'm a POS, lol. The mom bought subs and what not, so I picked the meat off of the meatball sub and washed off all of the tomato sauce and also double checked that there were no very heavy carbs in the meatballs. It ended up only being a total of about 4 meatballs anyway. Ate those with a caesar side salad and some dressing. 3 CLA as well
Calories: 400 (being generous)
Fat: 20 (bit generous)
Protein: 25
Carbs: 10 (being generous)
11:00PM: 7 servings egg beaters, 2 handfuls of almonds/walnuts, 3 g CLA
Calories: 500
Fat: 30
Protein: 52
Carbs: 15

Sorry for the lack of tuna, but it was so nasty this morning I about died. Going to be doing some circuit training in a couple hours

Note: Let it be known that each serving of Jell-O says "less than 1g protein per serving" as the only macronutrient. So obviously, that is going to end up being less than 10 calories per serving, but the box says 10 (as a result of just rounding up obviously). So in all actually, it is probably about 9 calories in 4 servings jello...lol.

Well, I ended up being much lower in calories today than I normally am, and I feel better about it. Honesty, the crazy amount of sodium in the tuna bloated me out quickly, but I dropped the water weight fast.

LuckyKid57

LuckyKid57

Awards
So here is one of my suitcases I am taking for when I go back to work... thought you guys might find it amusing... =)...

ThomasRivera

ThomasRivera

Awards
  • Established
Sir some of those are illegal, as self appointed officer of the law, i'll have to confiscate them all for testing on myself.

LuckyKid57

LuckyKid57

Awards
Alright guys, I am going to be shutting down the computer and packing it in the bag. I will TRY to update tomorrow (I am pretty sure I can access internet in the hotel... most of them have WiFi these days). Even if I have to pay for it, I think I will just word document it and then paste it really fast. I will also try to get some good measurements on Sunday morning and maybe a new picture up on Monday. I will be a bit busier on Monday because about half of our band is going to be new cats, so we will have to rehearse the show for a bit and I will have sign on training, but who knows. Alright guys, I'm traveling tomorrow so I will talk to you all soon!

If any of you are in Miami, hit me up! Crap I have all day there tomorrow! LoL. Also I will be in Miami every Sunday morning-afternoon for the next 6 months, so whatevs!

LuckyKid57

LuckyKid57

Awards
Day 6

I was unable to weigh in today because I had packed my scale away... so my next weigh in will probably not be until Monday morning because I am in the hotel and not boarding the ship until mid-day Sunday. ANYWAY...

5:30AM: 2DCP followed by 1 packet of turkey pepperoni, 3 CLA, 3 Fish oil, 1 Multi
8:45AM: 1 packet of turkey pepperoni
1:15pm: 2 angus burgers with 4 slices swiss cheese melted on top and a small side salad, 3 CLA, 3 Fish Oil, 1 Multi

Current notes: So far, so good. WORD OF CAUTION, stay off of egg beater during the week, honestly, they are not filling and with 1 gram of carb per serving... you can easily swallow down 8 g in one sitting just from egg beaters. I believe I am still in ketosis, however, I think the degree has lessened a bit, hence I am going hardcore on the fat and protein today, obviously as it should be. Good thing is, no egg beaters possible for the next 6 months.

1:45PM: I took a much needed nap for about 3 hours, and then rolled out of bed to start preparing for some cardio...
5:00PM: 3 DCP, 2 LR, 2 scoops Xtend, 2.25g cee
5:45PM: WOW, did 30 minutes on the elliptical and 15 minutes walking up an incline at 3.5mph. I was sweating bullets and it felt great! Sipped on 2 scoops of Xtend throughout the workout.
7:30: 2 DCP before dinner
7:45PM: BUFFET FOR THE CREW, GRRRR! Started out with 3 pieces of chicken, it was a bit too lean for my taste so I had about a cup of green beans buttered down a little bit. I also had a massive salad: romaine lettuce, bunches of shredded cheese, some pepperoni pieces, ham, some cheese chunks, and ranch dressing. A good dose of fat and practically zero carbs. Feeling good. 3 CLA and 3 fish oil as well.

That ended up being my final meal for the night as I do not have any more food with me. I plan on sipping on a couple more scoops of BCAA's just to keep the body going properly. I am feeling energetic, and hope this continues at least through tomorrow night so that I can have a really heavy chest workout and annihilate it.

My goal is to be fully recomped to a very good standing within four months from this coming carb up. So some time in mid-april, I want to be fully recomped with abs poking through and the like. I have never been "ripped" and that is the plan. If you guys ever feel like I am slacking, or I could do something to turbo charge the fat burning process, let me know and kick my ass. I want this.

Also, while I am in Mexico I will have access to the pharmacies. Would cycling in clen for 2 week cycles be a good idea you think? I am also planning on ordering some 11-oxo, probably about 3 bottles so I can get a full months worth and keep up the recomp shindig. Any ideas you have, let me know. Oh, and halodrol is always on my mind as I know it can really help in the cutting phases of a recomp/diet. FIll a brother in with what you think.